Media Richmond Lose, Furies Win: An Unexplainable Conundrum

Will the Furies win the flag if Richmond continue to be bad

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After a horrid start to the season, the Furies were odds on favourites to secure a wooden spoon to help stir the gooch juice brewing in their s20 premiership cup.

As the AFL season kicked off, punt road co tenants and Fighting Furies feeder team the Richmond Tigers began with a win

And as per usual the Furies failed, sitting last on percentage and with hope of playing finals rapidly evaporating all appeared lost until these scenes

6369556-3x2-340x227.jpg

were replaced with

101155-richmond.jpg

85d7b8385af5d54b2d8adfb3cd864bb1

As the Tigers crumbled, inexplicably the Furies rose starting with an 11 goal belting of the of the hapless Swamprats followed by solid wins over the Bears and Demons, suddenly the Furies are in the 8 and finding form right when it matters.

We don't know why the Furies fortunes appear tied to the Tigers but what we do know here at Sterge Tonight is that if the Furies form continues and the Tigers continue to lose, come SFA finals time some opposition players are going to become serious Richmond supporters.

I'm so torn.
Do I sit here wanting Richmond to lose so my imaginary footy team keep winning?
I'm very confused here and more concerned at the answer swimming around in my vacant head!

I'm so torn.
I'm very confused here and more concerned at the answer swimming around in my vacant head!

Carn the Furies. Richmond are playing for draft picks...

I'm so torn.

We're real dammit.

Carn the Furies. Richmond are playing for draft picks...

I thought the Furies were for a while there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Richmond Lose, Furies Win: An Unexplainable Conundrum

Back