Richmond to beat Freo say madtugger thinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Good post Goldy.
The other thing that people need to realise is that young doesn't automatically mean good.

:thumbsu:Equally true.
Minus the upgrades (Nahas, Browne, Polak) there's something like 10 newcomers to the list.
When you factor in events such as the 2005 drafting of JON, Hughes and Casserley all being gone after four years, Pattison, Meyer, Graham and Limbach being gone from the previous years draft in 2004, Peterson gome from 2006, Putt gone from 2007 and others from this period and beyond such as Rance, Polo, Conners, Hislop and Thomson all treading water, 50% of those 10 newcomers being solid five-10 year players would be an outstanding result!!!

Good post Goldy.
The other thing that people need to realise is that young doesn't automatically mean good.

I think our second half of the year should be better than our first.

Like your sig, tugga. Make sure you click the link on mine - it's truly golden.

Spurs have done well to become reasonable again - and they didn't spend half a billion to get there. Good management really helps

I think our second half of the year should be better than our first.

Like your sig, tugga. Make sure you click the link on mine - it's truly golden.

Spurs have done well to become reasonable again - and they didn't spend half a billion to get there. Good management really helps
Fair point. Recognising young talent is important. There were times I thought Gareth Bale was a spud, but I was wrong!

Re: We will win this week

I have now tipped the tigers this week and have put them down for last man standing.

You better be right Kaino

i respect honesty and common sense.
those that are honest enough with themselves to admit we will get belted most games this yr. i respect the plain old common sense they must use to come to this conclusion.
theres nothing nice about delusion in fact it paints us all in a bad light.
ah well theres fools and then theres fools.

There's a difference between being negative and being aware but hopefull. How can you admit we'll be smashed? . You can say we MAY lose easily instead, but you are a negative piece of crap who is drowned in so much nagitivity that you can't see positives :cool:

You have got to be kidding MT.
How can you drop Jackson. He has been our most consistent performer for the year and has far more upside at least at this stage than Tambling, Edwards, Roberts, Rance, Dea, Graham and based on performance this year Morton and Post.

I like jacko but I'm a bit worried about his sprayed kicks.

You can blame Truetiger. All i even said was I'm confident of a good showing, then he rushes to bigfooty like an opposition supporter would do and start a thread laughing :cool:

MadTig:cool:, you have it wrong. That was in response to a silly thread that was started, and because it was so pointless just merged into this one. Yours is ok the other was pointless:)

Reasons why we will win...
1. Fremantle are very overrated
2. They have played a good month of footy and just had a grueling game against the best team in the comp, they are going to crack sooner or later because there list is not that good and I believe coming off a tough game they won't be anywhere near there best this week.
3. Our game against Melbourne was a free flowing game and nowhere near as physical as there game, so I can't see why we won't be able to match them in the second half or even run them off there legs.
4. We have had a great record at subi over the last few years and things like this play on kids minds, they will feel more confident then usual going into this game.
5. We will field our strongest team for the year (mcguane, cousins, polo, newman, thurstfield) all good chances of playing.
6. We have been smashed in hitouts all year, Sandilands winning hitouts won't matter much.
7. I heard from a good source Hardwick tore shreads off them about not playing a consistent 4 quarters. (our shit third quarter) So expect a big 4 quarter effort.
8. Surely all the players have heard about sportsbet already paying out money to people who tipped Richmond to win the wooden spoon, after four games that is ridiculous and the players will be angry and hungrier then ever for a win.

Shut down pavlich and apply the same pressure we have applied in patches the last two weeks and I honestly believe we will away with the 4 points.

1. Fremantle are very overrated
2. They have played a good month of footy and just had a grueling game against the best team in the comp, they are going to crack sooner or later because there list is not that good and I believe coming off a tough game they won't be anywhere near there best this week.
3. We have had a great record at subi over the last few years and things like this play on kids minds, they will feel more confident then usual going into this game.
4. We will field our strongest team for the year (mcguane, cousins, polo, newman, thurstfield) all good chances of playing.
5. We have been smashed in hitouts all year, Sandilands winning hitouts won't matter much.

Thankyou :cool:

Swap Simmonds with Graham too :thumbsu:

1. Fremantle are very overrated (We can only be rated on the form we have shown so far this year.)
2. They have played a good month of footy and just had a grueling game against the best team in the comp (true), they are going to crack sooner or later because there list is not that good (how is our playing 22 not that good?) and I believe coming off a tough game they won't be anywhere near there best this week (possibly).
3. Our game against Melbourne was a free flowing game and nowhere near as physical as there game (true), so I can't see why we won't be able to match them in the second half or even run them off there legs (good luck with that, although it has happened before).
4. We have had a great record at subi over the last few years and things like this play on kids minds, they will feel more confident then usual going into this game (true).
5. We will field our strongest team for the year (mcguane, cousins, polo, newman, thurstfield) all good chances of playing. (true, doesn't make it a good team though)
6. We have been smashed in hitouts all year, Sandilands winning hitouts won't matter much (Maybe, but even if the hitouts won't matter, you've still lost every game by 10 goals. Sandi will probably get much less time in the ruck as well.)
7. I heard from a good source Hardwick tore shreads off them about not playing a consistent 4 quarters. (our shit third quarter) So expect a big 4 quarter effort (Surely he's torn shreds off them every week?).
8. Surely all the players have heard about sportsbet already paying out money to people who tipped Richmond to win the wooden spoon, after four games that is ridiculous and the players will be angry and hungrier then ever for a win (true).

Shut down pavlich (easier said than done, the two best teams couldn't do it) and apply the same pressure we have applied in patches (I think Geelong and St Kilda apply more pressure than Richmond could possibly be capable of) the last two weeks and I honestly believe we will away with the 4 points.

I really admire your optimism. We have been perennially shit and beaten by Richmond the last few years, but I just can't see it happening again.

Your valid points are us having a tough few weeks, your good record here (against much weaker Freo sides), and the Richmond players being keen to have a 4-quarter crack (like they should be every week).

But even with all that, you need to rely on Fremantle turning up with unbelievable complaceny (but we always make a big deal/effort out of Anzac Day games) and playing an absolute shocker. This Freo side is a different breed, and we won't lose this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will say one thing. Teams are going to very frightened to lose to us from now on. Nobody will want to be the first and if we can play with intensity for 4 quarters, you never know. Freo are a likely side to cave in under sustained pressure.
I'll be watching on Sunday night, but I don't expect much.

I will say one thing. Teams are going to very frightened to lose to us from now on. Nobody will want to be the first and if we can play with intensity for 4 quarters, you never know. Freo are a likely side to cave in under sustained pressure.
I'll be watching on Sunday night, but I don't expect much.

No point beating Melb its a dead rubber - now that Freo have won some cred they are practically a scalp at home- and we play ok over there..
will they fall into our cunning trap laid by losing every game so far by 10 goals?

I think this is pinchable because -
-they are currently overrated...finals? pffft
-we are underrated - the Bye - a couple of things to click and it'll be different - Foley if he isnt at risk - for...anyone at all.
Simmo knows how to play Sandi, and on-ballers know he cant beat him -
Id let him ruck this one, we should still be driving it fwd from stoppages, just need to tidy / mop up better....

Newman & Polo in for Farmer, Dea
Cuz for Edwards
? how did McG / Thursty go? make em earn a recall
King in the bests with 4 cant be overlooked...perhaps play forward for sLops

Would like to see Astbury get another run after an exciting 1st q
ditto Taylor, who I think will be a lot more comfortable in his 2nd outing.
Wont be suprised to go down by another 10 goals, but going to risk a fiver on us I reckon (again...sheesh, learning deficiency, owned.)

:thumbsu:Goldy would love a dollar - just one dollar - for each time MadTiger has over the past four years declared that he has confidence in us this coming weekend ... confidence in us effecting an upset, confidence in turning it around, confidence is us winning!!!
Goldy would have a lot of extra cash to feed his habits!!!:D
For the record, Fremantle are 3-1, with both a win over last year's premiers and another in Victoria, where wins have been rare than hen's teeth throughout thier existence.
Last week they finished within 15 points of last year's other grand finalist and still only undefeated team, ruining what could have been a perfect 4-0 start.
One would think they have plenty to play for and prove too, moreso than us!!!
We'll get walloped!!!

Freo are a likely side to cave in under sustained pressure.

Dont get your hopes up chump. Freo has improved immensely this season.

Do you guys honestly think that Terry Wallace has the game plan to outsmart Harvey at home at Subiaco Oval? No chance. I think this could be one of the biggest wins of the year.

On a different note, does anyone know if Polak is likely to get up for the game? Would be good to see the Willeton High boy back in action at Subiaco. Nice bloke wish him well.

Do you guys honestly think that Terry Wallace has the game plan to outsmart Harvey at home at Subiaco Oval? No chance.

I think Wallace will struggle to implement his game plan. Harvey has the distinct advantage of actually being there and being a coach actually in charge.:confused::confused:

Frawley is our present coach mate.

Do you guys honestly think that Terry Wallace has the game plan to outsmart Harvey at home at Subiaco Oval? No chance. I think this could be one of the biggest wins of the year.

What?

1. Terry Wallace doesn't coach here anymore
2. Terry Wallace's gameplan seemed to outsmart Harvey at Subi every other time we were there.

Dont get your hopes up chump. Freo has improved immensely this season.

On a different note, does anyone know if Polak is likely to get up for the game? Would be good to see the Willeton High boy back in action at Subiaco. Nice bloke wish him well.
Well, chump, it will take more than three wins and a loss to change my mind about the only club in the comp not to win a flag. And WTF are you on about Terry Wallace?:eek:

You may want to re-quote it madtiger there is actually 8 points now not 5.

well said :cool:
I'm quite confident of pretty reasonable form for the rest of the year. Last week we just didn't have enough midfielders and tired out because Lids and Cotch had to spend time in defence in the absense of Newman, Mcguane and Thursty. With at least 2 of these players back this week, Cotch and Lids can spend more time in the middle and the addition of Foley and Cousins will make up the difference. Astbury and Taylor really reduced our forward problems of Round 1-3. More forward options and less pressure on Reiwoldt and Morton. This week we should be just right

I think Wallace will struggle to implement his game plan. Harvey has the distinct advantage of actually being there and being a coach actually in charge.:confused::confused:

Frawley is our present coach mate.

:DPOST of the day 1980 .. had me in stitches!!!

Wallace:D:D:D!!!

:eek:Sadly, there's a few posters convinced he should still be coaching us!!!

well said :cool:
I'm quite confident of pretty reasonable form for the rest of the year. Last week we just didn't have enough midfielders and tired out because Lids and Cotch had to spend time in defence in the absense of Newman, Mcguane and Thursty. With at least 2 of these players back this week, Cotch and Lids can spend more time in the middle and the addition of Foley and Cousins will make up the difference. Astbury and Taylor really reduced our forward problems of Round 1-3. More forward options and less pressure on Reiwoldt and Morton. This week we should be just right

:confused:Buddy .... Astbury and Taylor were decent contributors, who get better than normal marks as it was their first taste of it. They showed some good signs, particularly Astbury, but they hardly "reduced our forward problems of rounds 1-3". Given time these guys will develop into key players down forward, at the moment we'll be happy to get a decent contribution. No need to ovestate their impact, they did just fine for what they were - first time players!

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond to beat Freo say madtugger thinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back