Richo going around one more time

Remove this Banner Ad

Be a ballsy call for a new coach to walk into Richmond and retire Richo. A good way to get off on a bad foot with the supporters.

Richo is an icon of the club, and has given plenty over the years. Plenty of other player culling will happen, it won't cost the Tige's anything to keep Richo for a testimonial year. And don't forget the emotions on the field, I can hear it now...'lets win this one for Richo'.

A club is defined by how it honours it's champions. Good call Richo and Richmond. But all the same I'll be surprised if he plays more than 10 games in 2010.

Richo can play as long as he wants. He's the only good thing to happen to richmond in the last 25 years and probably still their best player. Would be an injustice if he didn't at least get a send off game.

Confirmed at the Best and Fairest :thumbsu: :)

Considering the tigers are cutting most of the experience from the squad, this is a good call. The bloke bleeds for his club more so than any other in the league. Will still provide good service and leadership for a massively inexperienced list if his body hold up. :thumbsu:

i think its great he is going to be around the club, not in the playing sense but alongside cousins and foley to set the standard for how hard to work at training and set an example to the younger guys.

Great call from Richo. Good to see the respect from Hardwick. If only the other 17 guys on the field showed as much passion!

Lets be honest, if you led up the ground 15-20 times a game and only get hit on the man boob once, you'd be pissed too!! Just shows he actually cares, unlike others........

Great decision, he is still good enough to command a game, dont underestimate the importance of having him around with what will be an extremely young list of players with a first year senior coach

One of my favorite non Hawks, hope he has a blinder .......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the bottom end of Richmond's list was better, Richo could have been in trouble but there is a lot of crap to clean out at Tigerland.

I think Tuck might be making way for Cotchin/Foley/Thomson and Hardwick is still probably hoping they could get something useful for him at the trade table.

one of the most popular footy players of all time I reckon.

Even though it was a bad look for him to be dissing his team mates years ago, I reckon plenty enjoyed the highlight reels of Richo dummy spits.(except Tiger fans, but they probly shared his frustrations)

how will they stop him?

The MCG could burn down, the roof fall in on the dome, and I reckon Richo would emerge, sifting through the rubble, looking for the ump to ball it up!

(must goto church to pray his hammys hold up for another few seasons)

Why are non-Richmond supporters feigning anger at this?

Richmond bear the risk, and we get the benefit of watching one of the great characters of the game go around one more time.

Great for footy. Good luck Richo!

Just out of interest... How many senior AFL coaches will Richo have had after we add Hardwick to the list?

Nice one :rolleyes:

Tuck doesn't hold a candle to Cousins ability wise, and Richo plays a different position.

Try again.

If you were going to go with kids and re-build, you would put the 30+ guys out to pasture. Even if they have a reasonable 2010, what would it add to the side? Cotchin is the only younger midfielder who hasn't racked up 50+ games and only because of injury. Deledio has already passed 100 games, if you were going to build a young group who are going to play 5+ years together then the guys 27+ should all be looked with extreme doubt, especially those getting close to 30 or beyond.

If Cousins and Richo play anything more than bit roles then you have a lot more adjusting to do in 2011+

Richmond bear the risk, and we get the benefit of watching one of the great characters of the game go around one more time.

Just out of interest... How many senior AFL coaches will Richo have had after we add Hardwick to the list?

It is not anger, just surprise. Actually, it isn't even surprise, this would be a move Gieschen, Frawley and Wallace would have done.

Hardwick, Rawlings, Wallace, Frawley, Gieschen, Walls, Northey.

That might be it i think. Wonder if that's some sort of record.

Agree.

Selfish decision by Richo.

Are Richmond that bad they need Richo to go around again? :confused:

Bit of a no brainer really. With 8 players already gone and possibly another 3 or 4 ahead of richo, I'd rather have a 75% richo having a dip than a jarrad oakleigh nichols or cleve hughes running around like little lost sheep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo going around one more time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back