Richo is KING of the G!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure, but he still got pantsed by Ben Holland :D

Na good on him, considering some of the sides he's played in and some of the injuries he's had along the way he's done pretty well.

KING of the G???

As in "Gee, I wish he kicked that goal from 10m out, dead in front."

Nah, just stirring. Onya Richo. Far better an honourable footballer like Richo holds this record than a cheat like Matthew Lloyd. Richo never stages for frees and also never seems to receive a free kick, even though defenders are constantly hanging off him. I admire the way he makes the ball his sole focus, instead of taking a pre-meditated tumble a la Lloydy as soon the defender touches him.

Imagine Richo if he could kick like Lloyd. For all the crap he cops, it's the only knock on his game. It's a pretty serious weakness for a full forward to have, but I much prefer watching Richo's wayward dominance than watching Lloyd's limited efficiency.

It's a decent achievement, but I suspect it has more to do with so many sides using the MCG as their home ground these days and so many more games being played there. In the days of suburban footy grounds, players wouldn't have gone there quite as often. Still, he's got the record, and good on him.

The fact Lloydy has the record (well, will again at some point) despite us playing at the Dome over the past 6 years shows how good he is. But well done to Richo, no-one can deny that he is a great player.

But my favourite Richo moment was from last year, he takes a towering pack mark against 3 Essendon defenders, right in front of the Richmond cheer squad, turns, runs into the goal square, every Richmond fan on their feet cheering, kicks...AND MISSES.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jarryd_S said:
The fact Lloydy has the record (well, will again at some point) despite us playing at the Dome over the past 6 years shows how good he is. But well done to Richo, no-one can deny that he is a great player.

But my favourite Richo moment was from last year, he takes a towering pack mark against 3 Essendon defenders, right in front of the Richmond cheer squad, turns, runs into the goal square, every Richmond fan on their feet cheering, kicks...AND MISSES.

One of many golden richo moments. We still love the big kahuna. He's been great entertainment value over the years and responsible for a lot of grey and thinning hair amongst richmond fans.

Jarryd_S said:

And then turned it around to be BOG and give the most overrated player in the history of the game a bath.

itsintheblood said:
No doubt the big lug also holds the record for number of behinds kicked at the G !!!
With a career conversion ratio of 59.71%, Richo actually has a better record of accuracy than players such as Whitnall, Fevola, Hird, Robertson & Lucas who are not often slated for their kicking. It's just that when Richo is bad he can be very, very bad. Not trying to say he's a reliable kick, just put things in perspective.

congrats to richo. i would of liked to see how many he would of kicked if his hammy didnt go so many times in his prime but i guess thats the game. lloyd will pass him but richo can go on for another 2 or 3 years if he plays FF. lloyd may continue to get injured(tap wood) and he will end up with the record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo is KING of the G!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back