Ricky Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I haven't really watched players as closely as I have since starting DT this year, but he looked terrible...wasn't getting in and under, wasn't presenting anywhere, and more or less looked like he was playing under 9's and running after the play the whole time. He just didn't look like he had what the commentators like to call a "football brain".

I'm hoping this was just an off week and he can do better than 22 next week.

Watched the second half of the match, and I now have no hair.

Dyson scored 22 in RD 08.
Priddis scored 26 in Rd 1 07.

Trade him out at your own peril.

True. But Priddis played about 40% of that match if I recall correctly.

Dyson played double that. But Ill keep him for one more round. See how he goes against the cats. If he does ok... give him another week. At least he wont lose you much cash.

True. But Priddis played about 40% of that match if I recall correctly.

Dyson played double that. But Ill keep him for one more round. See how he goes against the cats. If he does ok... give him another week. At least he wont lose you much cash.
I see your point. Dyson was terrible during the game. Let's hope he lifts this week, or else I'm certain he'll be getting the chop from a lot of teams.
With the likes of Coughlan, Houli and all the younsters fighting for places in everyone's team - its time for him to perform.

Remember that $$ value is on a 3 week rolling average

That means come the end of round 4 his score this week wont be counted in his price calculations

So say he gets 22,60,60,60 then his price will actually go up

An average of 66 points over 3 rounds will give him $260kish which is 60k more than he has now

I will at least be holding him until i see what happens next week

Priddis 100x > Dyson.

Priddis was always a ball magnet and won a sandover.

Priddis was starved of opportunity early last year and when the opportunity presented itself he exploded.

Dyson is an over rated hack.

I was undecided behind him and Houli for my last midfield spot.

In the end Dyson has had 3 years to prove himself and never has, Houli is in his 2nd year and has everything to prove.

RD easily the worst player in the AFL

Houli had 27 disposals....most of which were in junk time...and still only got 71. A quality dream teamer will get 100+ with that amount of the ball. Lets see how he goes against a tougher geelong side. There will be no junk time stats because simply put, essendon wont win.

Houli had only 23 points to half time, only 3 of which came in the 2nd quarter. The game was on the line at this stage. In the last 2 quarters when the bombers broke away, he came into it. At this same time, Dyson was been tagged by Sam Power, and he had some responsibility for Wells in the first quarter as well.

I know Power aint much, but in such a free flowing game, the guy without the tag who is running free will be more likely to get the ball than someone who has to break a tag. Obviously Laidley bought into pre-season talk about Dyson and elected to keep him honest. I doubt any other teams will tag Dyson from this point on. My worry is that Dyson may be used defensively.

That said, Houli does seem at this early stage to be the pick. I sadly went for Dyson, but im not giving up just yet, because as an earlier poster pointed out, a few 60's will see his price go up.

You will find that in the 2nd qtr and half of the 3rd qtr Houli was moved to a defensive role on Brent Harvey, this dried his stats up.

When moved back into the middle he found the footy.

Junk time means nothing in DT stats are stats.

Houli is a natural ball winner.

Dyson is a headless chook

The way i see it...Dean Laidley is easily the worst coach in the AFL...who bothers to waste a TAG on Ricky Dyson anyway...Kangaroos or should i say "North Melbourne" are pathetic..and Ricky Dyson will tear it up this week, because Geelong won't worry about tagging a footballer such as Dyson...well i hope so anyway!
to be honest i wish i stuck with simon buckley instead of changing to dyson!!
but will see what happens...22 is pretty bad though..and i watched that whole game...dyson was so lazy...running around in circles!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BUMP

Good read. Hard to decide who has been the biggest let down this year, Dyson or Jones. After being the most talked about player on the boards during the pre-season, he has only managed 10 games with an average of 60 - a perfect example of how much cr@p is thrown around during the pre-season. In saying this his last 2 games (DT wise) have been ok 83,88 might keep an eye on him to see how he finishes up the season...maybe.

played a game of indoor footy against Ricky Dyson last month. He is playing with a team down at Epping. Obviously the guy is dominating.

I asked him about his pre-season and he said he is super fit and really enjoying it...probably a standard response but he did look in really good shape.

Would be expecting more consistent scores from Dyson this year...no doubt Knights likes him.

Would be staying well away from him in DT but.

I've got to admit, reading the start of this thread, it took me a little while to realise that even back then this wasn't a pisstake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricky Dyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back