Summer RIO 2016 - Athletics (Track & Road events) 12th to 20th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Some serious rain in Rio at the moment. Will make things interesting in the 800. Rudisha has had a few known problems over the years when the weather is a bit wet.

Yeah I heard that this morning and thought the same. She just needs to get faster you reckon Tamsyn? You obviously need to have gone to an Olympics yourself to have that sort of insight.

Shame we only got to see half of the last steeple heat. With 7 showing Anna Meares on 2 channels they just couldn't fit it in.
What she meant (and said) was she needs to work on her speed, not "go faster". Her cruising speed isn't fast enough because her absolute top end speed isn't as fast as the others. Meaning she has to work at, say, 95% to go as fast as the others that are working at 90% for example.

She knew she needed to get a BIG PB to have a hope of making the final, so she went out way harder than normal and obviously blew up big time in the last 100m. I thought it was quite gutsy. She had a choice: run her normal way and maybe get a small PB and come 5th or something, or go for broke, and either run a huge PB and make the final, or blow up and come last. At least she went out swinging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Compare the pair.

Basil: swimmer done a time. First 8 qualify. I don't know if she has made it despite finishing 3rd. I didn't write it down or remember it so we will wait and see.

Bruce. Now top 6 non qualifiers get through. Her time was 56:26 , which is 4th fastest atm. There is one more heat so basically if 6th is slower than that time, Lauren should get through.Tell her that in the interview.

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Weird race. Got the result I wants in the end with Rudisha winning.

Can only imagine the Kenyan who pushed the pace early was trying to spread the field for Rudisha.

well not the race i was expecting but at least the result i wanted. Rudisha is all class

not sure what Kipketer was doing unless he was trying to stretch things out for Rudisha but no one was interested in going with him
It was weird. If he wanted to go out hard, just tuck in behind Rudisha. You know he goes out hard anyway, so let him do the work instead of killing yourself.

not sure what Kipketer was doing unless he was trying to stretch things out for Rudisha but no one was interested in going with him
He wouldn't have run like that for Rudisha. He was in that race to win it for himself. As he should be. Rudisha was the only one in that field with a faster time in 2016.... But inexperience led to a crazy tactic that just was not going to work in a million years.

Weird race. Got the result I wants in the end with Rudisha winning.

Can only imagine the Kenyan who pushed the pace early was trying to spread the field for Rudisha.
Didn't look that way. Rudisha likes to go out hard and lead, and was trying to get past him and Kipketer refused to let him. Just a bad tactical race I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer RIO 2016 - Athletics (Track & Road events) 12th to 20th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Back