Summer RIO 2016 - Athletics (Track & Road events) 12th to 20th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Another overrated campaigner. Have a good laugh hey i'm an Olympian and i did **** all. Thanks for the free holiday Australian tax payers :thumbsu::rolleyes:

She'll have some questions asked of her, she ran a quarter of a second quicker this time last year at the world championships, with a PB nearly half a second quicker a year and a half ago.

All well and good being an instagram star, but eventually you're going to have to back it up on the track.

Sally Pearson would smoke these girls in the hurdles

No she wouldn't. The American broke the WR a month ago. Pearson is good, she isn't that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I truly believe she lunged at the line and over-balanced due to being absolutely spent. That is entirely possible as the 400m is the most brutal event on the track.

Do you think it's a valid way to complete a race?

Clearly, I don't know the rules, but on principle and sportsmanship, to me, it shouldn't be allowed.

Clearly, I don't know the rules, but on principle and sportsmanship, to me, it shouldn't be allowed.

It's an Olympic Final you do whatever you can to win. As long as that doesn't involve PED's then it's all good.

I think she would have won even if she stayed on her feet so its not an issue to me. I see it all the time, people full of lactic lunging on the line overbalancing and falling. Its always more of a fall than a dive.

I think she would have won even if she stayed on her feet so its not an issue to me. I see it all the time, people full of lactic lunging on the line overbalancing and falling. Its always more of a fall than a dive.

Yeah, certainly just a fall. She pushed her body to where it had never been before and bloody great effort but body collapsed on the line. Lucky it was not a few moments earlier or she would not even have got over the line.
Almost robbed of enjoying the moment because her body was obviously too wrecked to celebrate how most winners would love to.
Anyway, hopefully she enjoyed it after some recovery. Great effort.

I wonder if Jenneke will actually worry about training and stuff more than her stupid dance and being popular on instagram now?

I'm no expert but she doesn't look in the same shape as the guns, or even as the other Aussie girls?
Seems pretty happy with herself though

To be fair to MJ she never asked to be 'that girl' - as always the media picks it up and runs with any story that will get them clicks. Any smart person will then monetise that opportunity if it arises. She's no Sally, but she's earned the right to compete based on her qualifying time and place at the trials. Cut her some slack. There's always going to be people missing out on the next race

Remove this Banner Ad

Summer RIO 2016 - Athletics (Track & Road events) 12th to 20th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Back