NFL Rivalry: Jets and Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 24, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Giants, Adelaide Strikers
When they play each other twice a year they are ripper games because they both have Mannings as their quaterbacks. I was at Jets Stadium for the Annual Big Apple Cup and I couldnt believe it when Ronde Barber rushed the winning touchdown for the New York Giants. they won 5-1 and they all shook hands and had a photo after the game. It was the best!

Re: Best Rivalry: New York Jets and Giants

Alberton_Magpie said:
When they play each other twice a year they are ripper games because they both have Mannings as their quaterbacks. I was at Jets Stadium for the Annual Big Apple Cup and I couldnt believe it when Ronde Barber rushed the winning touchdown for the New York Giants. they won 5-1 and they all shook hands and had a photo after the game. It was the best!
:confused:

Never knew Peyton played for the Jets

Alberton_Magpie said:

this whole thread confuses me...
(a) do you mean tiki rushed for the winning TD
(b) Manning on both teams? Peyton is a Colt
(c) they never play each other twice a year

:confused: :confused: :confused:

So, where is this Jets Stadium? Last I heard, they played in GIANTS Stadium, in the Meadowlands, which is actually NEW JERSEY, not New York
Big Apple Cup? Must be a new thing....thing for preseason, perhaps?
At most, the Giants and Jets play once during the regular season- and that doesn't happen every year.
Score of 5-1? Has the NFL started importing scoring rules from Canada?

well, while we are on the subject, and of course if it hasn't been discussed before, why dont we discuss the best rivalries in the NFL

Cowboys and Eagles-Hate each other it has intensified since T.O has gone to Dallas, and me being a cowboys and geelong fan i cant stand the Eagles In either form of the game

Bills v Dolphins - Although it isn't quiet what is was in the early 90's!

Oh for the Bills to be as good as they were then!

Browns/Bengals
Browns/Ravens
Patriots/Colts
Packers/Bears
Cheifs/Raiders
Skins/Cowboys
Bucs/Falcons

all I can think of at the moment..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footylover18 said:
Right now I think the biggest rivalry is between the Colts and the Patriots.
Cant wait until Monday morning. I really think the Patriots will have a great chance to snatch the win and sit atop the AFC plus Vinatieri returns to Foxboro :)

Rory said:
Cant wait until Monday morning. I really think the Patriots will have a great chance to snatch the win and sit atop the AFC plus Vinatieri returns to Foxboro :)

will be a great game but i think the colts will be able to pull another one out of the bag, peyton is unstoppable right now

Re: Get ya facts right Rory

Rory said:
Browns/Bengals
Browns/Ravens
Patriots/Colts
Packers/Bears
Cheifs/Raiders
Skins/Cowboys
Bucs/Falcons

all I can think of at the moment..

is that all? very shallow Rory.... :thumbsdown: if you're a NFL fan, not a Patriot bandwagoner like your giving EVERYONE the impression you are, you'd know the Bucs & Falcons have rarely if ever played each other much, been in play-offs together often....let alone become rivals as such until they re-aligned the divisions. :rolleyes: pffft...

Alberton_Magpie said:

Never take acid kiddies.

Seriously you post so much crap but this one takes the cake.

As little sense as the original post made...

Some of these posted earlier.

Bills-Phins is big when they're good

Pats-Colts has been raging the last few years.

Ravens-Browns for obvious reasons.

Steelers-Bengals if they can both stay up...

Broncos-Chiefs
Broncos-Raiders though not so much anymore...
Broncos-Chargers could get bigger in the next couple of years.

Cowboys Vs. Giants Vs. Eagles Vs. Skins- If it was wrestling it'd be a great 4-way dance. Doesn't matter if the teams are good or bad.

Bears Vs. Lions Vs. Packers Vs. Vikings- See NFC East. There's a reason it's called the Black and Blue Division. (though the Bears medicority pre 2005-6 kinda lessened it a little. It's up to the rest of the teams to get back up and make it the firecest division once again)

Atlanta-Carolina could be a good one if they were good at the same time.

Seahawks and Rams a building a nice rivalry. **** division or not.

Every single one of those is bigger that Giants/Jets

It's a bit of a shame that the NFL hasn't pushed local derby rivalries all too much. Wouldn't mind seeing the NFL extend the season by 2 weeks so we could get a pair of meetings between the local sides.

Bay Area Derby - Niners v Raiders
Lone Star Derby - Cowboys v Texans
Show Me Derby - Chiefs v Rams
Keystone Derby - Eagles v Steelers
Big Apple Derby - Giants v Jets

It's a bit of a shame that the NFL hasn't pushed local derby rivalries all too much. Wouldn't mind seeing the NFL extend the season by 2 weeks so we could get a pair of meetings between the local sides.

Bay Area Derby - Niners v Raiders
Lone Star Derby - Cowboys v Texans
Show Me Derby - Chiefs v Rams
Keystone Derby - Eagles v Steelers
Big Apple Derby - Giants v Jets

There really isn't that much heat in the NFL for these type of matchups, with the possible exception of the Giants and the Jets- the real problem you would have in extending the season (besides dealing with the NFLPA) is who do the other teams play?

The rivalries are built up over the course of years, and the poster who marked out the NFC east and Central (or is it North now?) hit the nail on the head- games with Dallas-NYG-Philly-Washington really get the fans in those cities going- hell, some company years ago used the Dallas-Washington rivalry with Tom Landry crackiong a line about "being surrounded by Redskins."

You can go overboard in trying to promote rivalries- give some of them time with the realigned divisions AND get some heat going in playoff match ups- that can also build things nicely.....

NFC East is the best divisonal rivalry :thumbsu:

NFC East is the best divisonal rivalry :thumbsu:

I dunno- the Chicago-GB-Minny-Detroit group is a lot of fun- even better when Minnesota played outdoors....

In the AFC, the Cleveland-Pittsburgh-Cincy grouping is good, because they are so close geographically...

Don't get me wrong- LOVE the NFC east- especially being from Philly- but there are some great rivalries in the NFL

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL Rivalry: Jets and Giants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back