Riverina FL - Off Season News Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what would be wrong for Griffith staying with the White with the Red V and Gullie Red with the White V.

It worked in the Hume league for 25 years.
Henty mainly white with red vee white shorts
Burrumbuttock mainly red, white vee red shorts

Its not going to matter. Collingullie wont be accepted into the RFL. Same with The Rock and the Hume League

I would like to see Coleambally and Gullie in the RFL and from my ears iam hearing it is 50 50 at the moment for Gullie to join.

I would like to see Coleambally and Gullie in the RFL and from my ears iam hearing it is 50 50 at the moment for Gullie to join.

Coleambally were barely competitive in the Hume League first, uncompetitive in the 2nds and mildly competitive in the Juniors.

Put them in the RFL and they would not see the year out.

Coleambally had a few years in the Murray league in the 80's and got smashed most weeks.

Levi Pollet to join Ondi at Turvey Park. Hear he is getting some big bucks. Not really sure why, I think he is overated. The hawks will really miss Ondi though, things aren't really looking up for East Wagga.

Levi Pollet to join Ondi at Turvey Park. Hear he is getting some big bucks. Not really sure why, I think he is overated. The hawks will really miss Ondi though, things aren't really looking up for East Wagga.

Who else is leaving Hawks? How many more players are Turvey looking at buying? I thought the list they had was actually pretty strong, but i guess they're out to buy a premiership!

Who else is leaving Hawks? How many more players are Turvey looking at buying? I thought the list they had was actually pretty strong, but i guess they're out to buy a premiership!

Isnt it weak as piss when you have to rely on poaching players from other clubs inside your league - why dont clubs recruit from outside the Riverina and start bringing in players from other regions to lift the standand of the comp.

a wish man says you can get to anyone with in 10 moves or less as people knows people that knows people.

Good luck Orndi and for the rest of you dont worry about the Hawks there doing OK at the moment.

Oncewas, I have heard from a very good source that the Hawks attempted to sign 3 Turvey Players ( Hooker, Donaldson and Brown) long before the Bulldogs spoke to Craig and Pollett. So maybe you should get your info correct before whinging, you despicable piece of scum.

Oncewas, I have heard from a very good source that the Hawks attempted to sign 3 Turvey Players ( Hooker, Donaldson and Brown) long before the Bulldogs spoke to Craig and Pollett. So maybe you should get your info correct before whinging, you despicable piece of scum.

first of all thanks for the name, ok the comment i made wasnt just at T/P or the hawks it was a comment to say in my opinion clubs should stop poaching of each other and look out side the region to increase the standard of footy the RFL should be.

Isnt it weak as piss when you have to rely on poaching players from other clubs inside your league - why dont clubs recruit from outside the Riverina and start bringing in players from other regions to lift the standand of the comp.

a wish man says you can get to anyone with in 10 moves or less as people knows people that knows people.

Good luck Orndi and for the rest of you dont worry about the Hawks there doing OK at the moment.

Spot on oncewas. Who would have been the club sooking if Hooker and Thorpe decided to make the move to the Hawks to play under Ricky O? Ganmain are a perfect example of a club who stick with their juniors and don't go out throwing cash at everyone. The money tree at Maher Oval must have got plenty of rain and fertiliser over the off season! Plenty of kanga getting thrown at blokes i hear. No hard feelings towards Ondi though, if I was offered the coin (heard a few rumours) he has been offered I would be calling Maher Oval home too!

Don't you worry, Jack Jolley and Brian Hill have done a marvellous job with the money tree, treated to copious amounts of seasol, dynamic lifter and water on a regular basis. The maintainence has partly been due to the asking price of Brad Walker who has demanded an almost unreasonable price tag to stay at Maher Oval in 09.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on oncewas. Who would have been the club sooking if Hooker and Thorpe decided to make the move to the Hawks to play under Ricky O? Ganmain are a perfect example of a club who stick with their juniors and don't go out throwing cash at everyone. The money tree at Maher Oval must have got plenty of rain and fertiliser over the off season! Plenty of kanga getting thrown at blokes i hear. No hard feelings towards Ondi though, if I was offered the coin (heard a few rumours) he has been offered I would be calling Maher Oval home too!

and the club now sooking is?

Slatteryexpress, i know for a fact that those three Turvey players were not approached by Hawks, so you should get your facts right before making accusations. Before you go calling other members 'despicable pieces of scum' i think you should take a look at yourself and your disrespect towards the WIRADJURI people, i think you should amend your location.

As an impartial spectator it sounds rich that the hawks are dark about being poached from when they were quite happy to take the meislbach saga all the way to the appeals board... Such short memories. I recall turvey recruiting from out of town heavily last year in Hooker, Thorpe, Silver, that other bloke shamus or whatever, they also brought donaldson back from deni and have signed that bloke wheatley from tocumwal for this year... 6-2 i see

As an impartial spectator it sounds rich that the hawks are dark about being poached from when they were quite happy to take the meislbach saga all the way to the appeals board... Such short memories. I recall turvey recruiting from out of town heavily last year in Hooker, Thorpe, Silver, that other bloke shamus or whatever, they also brought donaldson back from deni and have signed that bloke wheatley from tocumwal for this year... 6-2 i see

ok iam not sure how this has got out of content and a word fight about who are the bigger sooks, if you all read the original post form me on this subject there is nothing said there about T/P poaching from the Hawks or visa versa. infact I wished Orndi the best and second of all i also said the Hawks were doing OK.

all i was saying was clubs should recruit from outside the Riverina and start building up the competition again instead of relying on players from within the town.

Don't you worry, Jack Jolley and Brian Hill have done a marvellous job with the money tree, treated to copious amounts of seasol, dynamic lifter and water on a regular basis. The maintainence has partly been due to the asking price of Brad Walker who has demanded an almost unreasonable price tag to stay at Maher Oval in 09.

Surely Brad Walker isnt a paid player?

I'm not sure if the Hawks know this but apparently Perkins has been in talks with Turvey Park also? Can anyone confirm this? Has he signed with East Wagga because by the sounds of it East Wagga are confident they have him... As the were with Ondi.

I also heard East Wagga are about to sign up to 5 blokes, all from out of town? Any of you Hawks boys confirm?

I'm not sure if the Hawks know this but apparently Perkins has been in talks with Turvey Park also? Can anyone confirm this? Has he signed with East Wagga because by the sounds of it East Wagga are confident they have him... As the were with Ondi.

I also heard East Wagga are about to sign up to 5 blokes, all from out of town? Any of you Hawks boys confirm?

How good is the SILLY season.

wats there in the riverina to attract players from other comps ( higher competitions eg 0 & M) ....money is an issue for most clubs to attract players as well as the availabilty of jobs..oncewas maybe u can explain your comment a bit better?

Slatteryexpress, i know for a fact that those three Turvey players were not approached by Hawks, so you should get your facts right before making accusations. Before you go calling other members 'despicable pieces of scum' i think you should take a look at yourself and your disrespect towards the WIRADJURI people, i think you should amend your location.

i know for a fact that noone knows anything for a fact on this site.

i know for a fact that noone knows anything for a fact on this site.

Foley this could be the first time I agree with you. The only ones, that have facts are the ones recruiting for their respective clubs and they arent going to play their hand till the players have signed.

so keep the silly season happening with gossip everyone.

wats there in the riverina to attract players from other comps ( higher competitions eg 0 & M) ....money is an issue for most clubs to attract players as well as the availabilty of jobs..oncewas maybe u can explain your comment a bit better?

your exactly right there, oncewas claims its weak as piss to recruit from within the league but it simply isnt viable for clubs to be recruiting all their players from outside this area, jobs, money and relocating their life are all problems which prevent RFL and Farrer clubs from strengthening the leagues through external recruiting.

i also heard from a very good source yesterday that perkins is in negoations with turvey, interesting to see what happens there because 1 of those so called 5 recruits is a mate of perkins who he has brought with him from broken hill who won the goal kicking up there.
losses at hawks that iv counted danny bromhan,pollett,oindi and there vic recruit from last year cant remember his name? is whyman staying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back