Preview RND 1 - Carlton v Richmond Thurs March 18th 7.25pm AEDT @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Morris now on fox is saying Williams will be getting a 1 week suspension. The media just doing it all. Riewoldt even asking is that enough.

With all this business about a media witch hunt from our supporters, are we saying that the Williams incident doesn’t warrant a suspension at all?

Collingwood looked to be running over the top of Richmond in the second half.
Hopefully we can replicate that just can’t give them to much of a head start
Our game was the heaviest scoring/quickest of all the AAMI games. We basically ran all over saints despite having a KPD and F down for most of the game and playing with players out of their natural positions. I’d say we can beat Richmond with or without Williams and Casboult.

I actually like the idea of one KPF as a foil v Richmond with everyone at his ankles. Betts, Fisher, Cuningham, Martin.
Martin is an in between type. Not really at the ankles of Jack and Harry type.
Fisher, Murphy and Cuningham combination I am quite liking
Martin as third marking option behind Harry and Jack is ok whilst Charlie not around.

Hugely harsh on Dow, watch the game again and you will see that he had 3-4 outstanding handballs in congestion that led to goals, look at Saads goal as an example. He may not have had the highlight reel he had CD bombers, but his hands in tight were really good. He still has things to work on, but he 100% plays round one.
Dons cake walked that game,he was back to his usual 15-20 possessions in the middle on saints .....it will cost us if he goes quiet,can you imagine what the Tigers would do to him
I get it he is good.....however a slower project

CARLTON midfielder Zac Williams has been charged with rough conduct by the Match Review Officer.

The MRO has graded the incident as careless, medium impact and high contact, resulting in a one-game suspension being offered with an early plea.

Dons cake walked that game,he was back to his usual 15-20 possessions in the middle on saints .....it will cost us if he goes quiet,can you imagine what the Tigers would do to him
I get it he is good.....however a slower project

A serious test for Dow is exactly what he needs and what the Club needs to see I reckon. I'm not convicned abotu his hardness in defending yet - but there is only one way to find out and Richmond midfield wil test his two way running and contested ability.

Docherty (caddy) Jones (reiwoldt) Plowman (castagna)
Saad (Aarts??) Weitering (Lynch🔒) SPS (Rioli)

Setterfield (Macintosh) Curnow (Lambert) Williamson (Graham)

Pittonet (Nankervis/Chol) Cripps (Martin) Walsh (Bolton)

Murphy (Grimes) McGovern (Short) Fisher (Baker)
JSOS (Ashbury) McKay (Vlastuin) Betts (Broad)

interchange: Dow (caddy), Newnes (Cotchin), OMac (balta), Fogarty (edwards)

I think we match up fine. Richmond backline is too tall and can be exposed if we go fast under the new rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Docherty (caddy) Jones (reiwoldt) Plowman (castagna)
Saad (Aarts??) Weitering (Lynch🔒) SPS (Rioli)

Setterfield (Macintosh) Curnow (Lambert) Williamson (Graham)

Pittonet (Nankervis/Chol) Cripps (Martin) Walsh (Bolton)

Murphy (Grimes) McGovern (Short) Fisher (Baker)
JSOS (Ashbury) McKay (Vlastuin) Betts (Broad)

interchange: Dow (caddy), Newnes (Cotchin), OMac (balta), Fogarty (edwards)

I think we match up fine. Richmond backline is too tall and can be exposed if we go fast under the new rules.
You have Caddy twice

Medium impact?

Are these muppets serious. That was so low impact it isn't even funny.

That impact was barely enough to knock the fluff of a cappuccino.

Would genuinely appeal.

AFL are just trying to manufacture the result they want to look like they are doing more about concussion.

The matrix and criteria are set though.

There is no way that is medium impact. Go back and have a look at other medium impact suspensions, way worse and harder impact than this one.

And yes, it was a dumb decision by Williams but the bump itself shouldn't trigger medium impact on that matrix

wouldnt think so ...
Dang !
I would, I’d look at that position as another chance for someone to look at in a real game. That’s possible another 1 to 2 player chances to t a look at. Then Williams comes back in but then having more real time data to look at. Practice matches are so blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back