Preview Rnd 11 Carlton v Brisbane - Sat May 31 4.40PM @ The Gabba - Team post #370

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

haha funny, we were saying the same about your team on our board.
Why do you say "underdone"?
None of them were injured.

Looking forward to the game, your team has a better chance of winning but this is one of our more winnable games.
Yes but you lot are some of the most delusional supporters around the place ...you actually still think you have a decent list

Yes but you lot are some of the most delusional supporters around the place ...you actually still think you have a decent list
We are probably delusional but that is the job of supporting the club. Same as you guys.

Not sure where you got the idea that our supporters think we have a good list. We do have the worst injury list in the afl (by way of experience and games) but we all know we are under a rebuild and know it is going to take several years for us to challenge the 8.

P.S To be perfectly honest, l can't see your list getting a premiership. Thats just me tho.

I'm pretty sure most of us know exactly where we're at BM, the 23 and under segment of the list is pretty good even allowing for last year's departures, the rest is crap.

However, like all BF club boards, we do have our fair share of deluded posters, and they tend to be the ones who post shit in opposition preview threads (present company excluded;)).

I'm just hoping for a good game/good performance from our blokes - a win would be great but most of us will settle for encouragement, like we got from the Essendon game a few weeks ago.

Yep.
Staying with a mate, so going to get out on the town and rip it up..

:cool:

Have a good trip HBF, just stay away from the Valley after about 2am!

I'm pretty sure most of us know exactly where we're at BM, the 23 and under segment of the list is pretty good even allowing for last year's departures, the rest is crap.

However, like all BF club boards, we do have our fair share of deluded posters, and they tend to be the ones who post shit in opposition preview threads (present company excluded;)).

I'm just hoping for a good game/good performance from our blokes - a win would be great but most of us will settle for encouragement, like we got from the Essendon game a few weeks ago.

Great to finally encounter a sensible and seemingly sane Lions supporter ...of course a win for your mob is attainable, just improbable given both Teams form line. It all comes down to which Carlton team turns up on the Night .

Jeez guys, go easy on the Lions fans...we can't expect them to just mope around for years until they build their list again.

Every board has its delusional posters and they're entitled to talk about scenarios where they beat us.
Fair enough but it always gets me how unusually arrogant the Bears fans can be, even when they are a bottom of the barrel team.

I've read enough on their board alone to hope we smash them into the ground and further enhance their basket case reputation. Still I'll always have a soft spot for them giving us Hendo and Doc etc though :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep. face it. Carlton aren't winning a premiership anytime soon and you aren't setting the world on fire.

We are probably delusional but that is the job of supporting the club. Same as you guys.

Not sure where you got the idea that our supporters think we have a good list. We do have the worst injury list in the afl (by way of experience and games) but we all know we are under a rebuild and know it is going to take several years for us to challenge the 8.

P.S To be perfectly honest, l can't see your list getting a premiership. Thats just me tho.

To be perfectly honest, I doubt anyone on this Board cares what you think. That's just me though!

A few people on our board either intentionally delusional or just ignorantly delusional.

Our team has failed to put four consistent quarters of quality football together all year so there is certainly no precedent for a smashing. The best we have is a measure of winning momentum but no serious credibility to lean on yet.

Hoping for a good win to gain some percentage but I also have this little bloke called nagging doubt sitting in the back of my head watching and waiting.

A few people on our board either intentionally delusional or just ignorantly delusional.

Our team has failed to put four consistent quarters of quality football together all year so there is certainly no precedent for a smashing. The best we have is a measure of winning momentum but no serious credibility to lean on yet.

Hoping for a good win to gain some percentage but I also have this little bloke called nagging doubt sitting in the back of my head watching and waiting.
Ya, l think it is good for footy to have delusional supporters sometimes. On form, your team would probably win but there are certain factors like home game, off a bye, good ins that sort of thing that helps us marginally.

But l would still expect your team to win. I am hoping the game turns out like when we played essendon several weeks back. We gave a 4 quarter effort and nearly took it to a better team but just lost. Hoping for a win but really hoping for a competetive game to turn out between us.

Hope we play Thomas off the HBF where Walks would play. Good smarts and better disposal.

Buckley, Jamison, White
Thomas, Rowe, Tuohy
Everitt, Gibbs, Simpson
Yarran, Henderson, Menzel
Ellard, Waite, Casboult
Warnock, McLean, Murphy
Carrazzo, Docherty, Robinson, Garlett

Not going anywhere near Death Valley.
Probably stay around the CBD - maybe across to Southbank.
Meeting my mate in the Queen St. Mall tonight for a few beers.

Just don't give them a sniff. Never give young success-starved teams a sniff. There is no return.

Wow, go out on a limb why don't you.
Just about all of us here don't think we can win a flag with this current list.

FMD

Fair enough but it always gets me how unusually arrogant the Bears fans can be, even when they are a bottom of the barrel team.

I've read enough on their board alone to hope we smash them into the ground and further enhance their basket case reputation. Still I'll always have a soft spot for them giving us Hendo and Doc etc though :)

We sponsored Sam for the two years he was at Brisbane, so I've met him numerous times.

Sam's an exceptionally nice bloke, and I generally wish him well, but there's always a bit of animosity in the early stages when a player you want to keep leaves your club.

We sponsored Sam for the two years he was at Brisbane, so I've met him numerous times.

Sam's an exceptionally nice bloke, and I generally wish him well, but there's always a bit of animosity in the early stages when a player you want to keep leaves your club.
Hmm we had a bunch of loser supporters booing Betts last week.
Obviously Doc will cop atleast a few booes, but based on the primary reason for him moving to Victoria, it would be a bit harsh if your supporters were to get full on stuck into him. (He does appear to have a good head on his shoulders, i don't think it would faze him too much anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back