Preview Rnd 11 Carlton v Brisbane - Sat May 31 4.40PM @ The Gabba - Team post #370

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see us smash a bottom 4 team at some stage this year. We just always seem to take our foot off the pedal when we get around 5 goals up. Should have smashed St Failure after our first half setup, but instead let them come back and almost make it interesting.

It's frustrating. I want us to show some ruthlessness for once.

I want us to dominate the game early and convert our opportunities and have the result put to bed by 1/4 time.. Too often we have control of the game and waste our chances and keep them in the game. A bag of goals from Lachie and Levi would be handy for both of there confidence.

I hope the score line reads

Goals - Henderson 5, Casboult 4, Menzel 3, Garlett 3, Docherty 2, Gibbs 2, Murphy 2

I hope it reads:

Henderson 10, Docherty 10, Lucas 5

That would kill the Bears fans :)
And Frank Marchesani could make a successful comeback from recurrent hamstring injuries

Maybe Stig could give us an update?

This is verging on as bad as Garlett's form slump of 2012, where he kicked 3.9 in seven matches.

I understand Jeff has had some personal issues but this is a professional sport NOT a counselling service. If he can't perform each week and shut out the external factors for 3 hours, he should be regaining form in the VFL.

I'm not sure how carrying Garlett as a sub 2 games in a row is beneficial to club or player.

If Jeffy is struggling with something enough to massively affect his attitude, application and form (and the coaches are unable to sort him out), I wouldn't even play him in the 2s. He won't solve his issues there, he just won't take up a spot in the 22.

Anyway, maybe Jeffy would feel worse if not playing footy. I have no idea, just speculating.

We played Humphrey for pretty much a full season and had to drain his knee after every match. If there is something wrong in there for Walker's knee, clean it out ASAP rather than run the risk of wrecking the last few years of his career by playing him with a problematic knee issue.
Agree,Walks lost about 30 odd games due to shoulder injuries.Needs to have the cleanup now,and be back in a cuppla a weeks fit and back to last years form(eleven Brownlow votes and runner in the b&b),remember ability cannot go away in the space of a few months.

Won't be playing against the lions if my mail is correct.

Agree,Walks lost about 30 odd games due to shoulder injuries.Needs to have the cleanup now,and be back in a cuppla a weeks fit and back to last years form(eleven Brownlow votes and runner in the b&b),remember ability cannot go away in the space of a few months.

Won't be playing against the lions if my mail is correct.

As long as he is playing next week.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want us to dominate the game early and convert our opportunities and have the result put to bed by 1/4 time.. Too often we have control of the game and waste our chances and keep them in the game. A bag of goals from Lachie and Levi would be handy for both of there confidence.

I hope the score line reads

Goals - Henderson 5, Casboult 4, Menzel 3, Garlett 3, Docherty 2, Gibbs 2, Murphy 2

Waite, what about Waite ?

I would love to see us smash a bottom 4 team at some stage this year. We just always seem to take our foot off the pedal when we get around 5 goals up. Should have smashed St Failure after our first half setup, but instead let them come back and almost make it interesting.

It's frustrating. I want us to show some ruthlessness for once.

we don't take our foot off pedal as such. our problem is that we have 0 ability to move the ball by kicking. we can only play well when we run and carry. problem is that's far too draining and we simply don't have the fitness to sustain it for 4 quarters. we haven't put together 4 solid quarters against decent opposition in the mick malthouse era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back