Game Day Rnd 12 - Carlton v West Coast Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Teague doesn't roast the absolute **** out of them and get them to lift we are done half arsed soft efforts and no gut running to support is the reason we are down NOT ****ING GOOD ENOUGH we are playing their ****ing 2's team PATHETIC!
We need someone like Cripps tp make a statement big tackle/goal/bump to show the E-Girls they aren't getting Bruise Free game where is our desire/will want to attack the ball at all costs we are soft front runners and this must change.

Ed Curnow is a midfielder or nothing..
Pittonet is a substandard ruckmen
TDK is a poor forward
Cottrell, well I don’t even know what he is..

We just have too many really poor players in the team, on top of that are not working hard enough and getting mauled at centre clearances.

positives are Walsh, Fisher and Owies..

Oh hey, look, the commentary team pointing out how defensively incapable Newman is, to the shock of no one other than a handful of posters on this board...

What I like is that we're mostly playing the ball, and not the man, and we're getting the reward for that with the frees and the West Coast players face down on the turf.

Aside from that I like what TDK, Jack, Saad, Walsh (even though we're using him poorly at centre bounces), Setterfield (again, using him wrong), Murphy, Weitering, Stocker and Dow are doing. The rest are putting in inconsistent or poor performances.

Looking for Fisher, Martin, Owies, and Ed to bob up more in the second half.

Except that stocker was on Ryan early lol

Dow passing the eye test as far as I’m concerned. 3 clearances, 2 centre clearances - he looked great streaming out of the middle and hitting TDK
Dow is the least of our issues. At least he had been clean and getting the handball out. We have to many passengers I'm afraid and a game plan that continues to expose us in transition.

It's somewhat satisfying that despite years of incessant tinkering with rules and interpretations and whatnot to 'beautify' the game, the AFL competition can still serve up the ugliest football.

On a related note, if anyone dares have a crack at the 'standard' of women's football, please show them that first half. Painful to watch.

It's the one of the worst eagles side you'll play against in the last 10 years and they have been playing very ordinary football, especially away from home.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Don’t agree, but that’s fine.

It’s two mediocre teams facing off.

How is this enjoyable? Is anyone here watching this actually enjoying themselves?

If we seriously can’t beat the WCE reserves, Teague should be sacked after the game is over. We have the bye so there’s an extra week to get someone in.

This is just unacceptable.

I am.

I enjoy watching Carlton every time they play.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to do something voluntarily that you didn't enjoy doing, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah been ok, defensive side still needs alot of work, along with setters, Cripps, Murphy.....oh I see why the kids don't do it when senior players don't have to

Haha, sad but true. Murphy was criticised YEARS ago for being a downhill skier, I recall it on the Sunday Footy Show.

Almost at the #teagueOUT stage myself. It's not such much the gameplan, more than playing players out of their natural position IE Setters and Dow, and an alarming lack of improved foot/disposal skills by the players in the last 18 months..

I admit our depth is not great, but we should be producing better results with what we have at our disposal.

I don't neccesarily agree we have gone backwards, but we are not as progressing as we should have by now.

Andrew Russell is also a disappointment, our players for the most part get thrown around like rag dolls far too often..

We need significant change in several off field departments at season's end.

If Teague doesn't roast the absolute fu** out of them and get them to lift we are done half arsed soft efforts and no gut running to support is the reason we are down NOT ******* GOOD ENOUGH we are playing their ******* 2's team PATHETIC!
We need someone like Cripps tp make a statement big tackle/goal/bump to show the E-Girls they aren't getting Bruise Free game where is our desire/will want to attack the ball at all costs we are soft front runners and this must change.
Wish he'd f***** roast himself while he's at it, shitty selections, shitty gameplan.

Haha, sad but true. Murphy was criticised YEARS ago for being a downhill skier, I recall it on the Sunday Footy Show.
One handed, soccer off the ground, fall like he has been shot by a sniper at the point of any contact......and then takes video reviews with the players he is 'mentoring'....

There is good news and bad news....
The good news.....we are still in this game
The bad news.......we still havent played our usual "shit" quarter for the game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back