Game Day Rnd 2 - Carlton v Gold Coast Game Day Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the second Docherty went down I knew we'd be down the bottom of the ladder. I thought we'd be challenging for the spoon with the Suns. But there's a couple of huge differences between these two sides.

1. They have a coach with an actual game plan (Bolts, you're a nice guy but unless your game plan is kick it and hope then I can't see one)

2. They have a team who wants to be out there and to at least try to play winning football.

If you take away the first five or so minutes last week that's a 10 goal loss (were 5 in front, lost by 5).

Holy shit. He actually put Jones in the ruck. Bolton doing things a quarter *after* most posters thought to do it.

Watch my eyes roll.

Seriously. Who thought this year would be a walk in the park? Who thought we'd play consistent footy? Who thought we'd be competitive every week, against all opposition?

Bolton's thrown the dice against bottom sides. He always has. He tries things, he tinkers. Today, he's had us with just Casboult in the ruck, compensating for the change ruck by playing Daisy as relief; in short, the way Richmond did in their flag year. Has it worked; who knows. Probably not.

We aren't losing because of this. We're losing because the mature players aren't good enough. Watch Mullett, Lamb, Casboult, Murphy, Simpson, Jones turn it over. Go on; have a good long look. That's the vestiges of the old regime. Watch Charlie light it up for a half; watch Fish getting clear, making his own path; watch Poulson doing what Fish did last year. They're the next thing, and if you've paid attention, they aren't the ones turning the ball over. It's those who should know better.

We're not there yet. We're still rolling the dice to see what works and what doesn't. Let's see us retrieve something from this mess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon.

Silver got dropped and Mckay was not very good when given a shot. The others you might be right but only Krooz and Kennedy prolly have a big impact.

McKay wasn't very good? For a first two game KPF he clunked everything that he took in the Brisbane game, showing more presence than any Carlton forward since Fev, and showed big signs before getting injured after that.

At this stage I don't understand what the expectations are with Harry. He needs to be given an opportunity.

One step forward 2 steps back
I think bolts is to much of a teacher and not great at coaching and tactics
Wish we got Dew now but i think he pulled out of race for a coaching job at the time

Seriously why do we supporters think Murphy is elite?

He was at one point. And otherwise because for the majority of his career aside from Judd he's been the best we've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back