Game Day Rnd 22 - Carlton v Melbourne Game Day 🏈

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy with the competiveness.

Harry is playing like he was earlier in the year, strong in the contest

Young also has regained his competiveness, Brown is a perfect match up for him.

Not blown away, so hopefully the belief will build

Think it's clear we've had an instruction when under pressure in defence to just get it on the boot and clear the area/take territory.

Last few weeks we've tried our usual handball or find a short target and been caught HTB and turned it over many times...it works as long as we have good structure ahead of the ball to contest the hack kick, which we've had so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when the umpiring is so bewildering it makes you laugh out loud, its getting seriously bad. Those 'deliberate calls - both ways - are an affront to the game.
My problem with it is how patronising it is. We know you want to speed up the game, so why call it insufficient attempt? Just say something different because we all understand it anyway?

Petty holding Charlie all quarter, glad he got pinged. We are here for it so far and disp efficiency is the only problem at the moment with some struggle forward of centre. Let’s see how this qtr goes

when the umpiring is so bewildering it makes you laugh out loud, its getting seriously bad. Those 'deliberate calls - both ways - are an affront to the game.
It's not deliberate, it's insufficient intent - subtle but important difference. They were both free kicks in my book.

The player on the mark rule has been inconsistently applied - Melbourne really play on the edge

The pressure has been intense and while we’re being clobbered in the centre we are still holding up.

I agree with Jimmae that we look like we’re spending plenty of petrol tickets, more than them.

Still, nice to see the effort. Wasn’t there for the last two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How long can we soak it up for though? That's tough.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back