Preview Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM - Team post #483

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rnd 3 Carlton v Collingwood @ MCG Friday 13th April 7.50PM

Sam Landsberger just tweeted Nick Duigan's parents are flying in from Adelaide tomorrow. Interesting as I didn't think he'd be selected, but it sounds as though he may be.

If that's the case then it'll be an absolutely full strength backline

As always, I preview every Collingwood game and I am back again in 2012. The previews are as neutral as possible and they are now posted on the official collingwood website.

It was written last night before knowledge of ins and outs, but i think my predictions will be accurate.

If you dare venture into enemy territory, please take a read on the official club website. I am unable to post the full article as I am restricted here at work to get into the site. So mods, I don't want to be accused of spamming so feel free to post the full article if need be.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/NewsFeatures/News/NewsArticle/tabid/5586/newsId/132885/Default.aspx

Great read thanks

I seem to remember Cloke missing some very crucial regulations shots just 2 weeks ago against Hawthorn but I may have had too many frothie's that night though.

He did. But, so did the rest of the team. We were 2.7 at quarter time and most (if not all) of them were gettable goals.

But, Cloke has improved this side of his game a lot in the past 12 months.

Jamo wasn't available for the second game against the Pies last year. And Hendo was only available in the 2nd game. Because of injuries, we were playing an 18yo first year player against Cloke in both games. This is the first time we've ever had BOTH Hendo and Jamo in the one side against this mob. Interesting.

:)

Jamo wasn't available for the second game against the Pies last year. And Hendo was only available in the 2nd game. Because of injuries, we were playing an 18yo first year player against Cloke in both games. This is the first time we've ever had BOTH Hendo and Jamo in the one side against this mob. Interesting.

It will also be the 1st time in a few years that Jamo, Waite & Kreuzer have played together in the same team.

On SEN so dosn't mean much, BUT rumour has it that Cloke is in doubt with a dodgy shoulder ! Apparently injured it last week and even with a few jabs, barely could play out the full game...!

As I said, on SEN so purely specualtive at this stage...

It certainly was mentioned through the broadcast that Cloke had to have his shoulder jabbed up.

I watched the replay of their game against Richmond and think we'd give them a good battle with him anyway. Would rather he played.

At the airport now.

Getting very excited.

Carna Blues!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already got pies fans coming into my shop with excuses for when they lose. Goto love that !

ctacp
curlier than a catoggio pube

duigan, jamo in
t'bird, russell out

Thanks Molly

The backline is looking bloody good this week. We will still have enough marking targets to goal even without T-Bird. Hopefully Gibbs can play forward of center alot more this week. He could cause a real headache for Bucks.

as predicted. A fit waite, and a fit jamison, a fit bower, may well eliminate the need for a swingman like Thornton. Still a surprise, but they've obviously gone for the speedy guys who would have had to make way otherwise.

This will be as close to full strength as we've been in over a year. Walker aside, (and arguably Thornton and Warnock depending on your point of view), this is possibly the best side we've put on the park for a long time.

Stong defence, full strength midfield, quick forwards, in form ruck/forwards. This is our chance lads.

Massive.
Is T-bird injured? I thought he was great last week.

Thornton a little unlucky but hard to drop bower considering he has been ok.

Would have probably made the one change (jamo for russell) myself but obviously they wanted to keep the same balance.

Tough call on Thornton. Seems like Bower and Thornton are fighting for the same spot. That's a pretty balanced selection actually. i.e swapped a medium defender and a tall. Looks like we've finally got all our defenders back on the park.

Interesting with T-Bird!
I was liking his work.

Thornton's taps and flicks of the ball have been brilliant in the last year.
Never sure why some players want to pick the ball up to handball when a tap to advantage can be the quicker and safer way to go.

Thornton will be back.

Already got pies fans coming into my shop with excuses for when they lose. Goto love that !

ctacp
curlier than a catoggio pube

How long you been running a Reject Shop, Vinnie?

Thornton a little unlucky but hard to drop bower considering he has been ok.

Would have probably made the one change (jamo for russell) myself but obviously they wanted to keep the same balance.

Cheers mate.

Reckon Thornton is stiff, but how much better is it having guys playing well and being unlucky to miss, rather than guys struggling and being lucky to play.

Cheers mate.

Reckon Thornton is stiff, but how much better is it having guys playing well and being unlucky to miss, rather than guys struggling and being lucky to play.

Or worse still, when players could play multiple terrible games in a row and still be safe in the side ...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back