AFLW Rnd 8 Fri 14th Vs Carlton. 6.30pm Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m goin early. 5 wins a row I’m up and about.

Rnd 8

Carlton vs Richmond

IMG_0754.jpeg

It’s looking likely that for the first time since entering the Comp in 2020 the Tiges will be in the mix when Finals start.

A win against the Blooze this Fri will cement that and we will have a look in for the Dbl chance.

A loss and there will be the possibility, if we fall into a heap for the last few games, that we will miss out again.

It’s a little early for back slapping but I think the FD have done a great job in recruiting and building the list after a diabolical start in 2020.

To lose good players like Edmonds and Monahan along with some early selections that haven’t really kicked on we really where behind the eight ball, I thought but to bring in

Sheerin, Egan, Graham this year (Sheerin will be pretty close to AA) Shevlin last season as well as to develop McDonald’s game as a big bodied Def-mid and the growth of Mclelland has been great.

Cox has great composure and for someone with less height and weight than most I love the way she competes.

There’s no doubt Wakefield is in top gear now and playing with alotve confidence.

She’s a pack splitter.

Ellie Mac (19yrs old still) has that thing like Dusty and the really top shelf players where it looks like there’s no natural predators for her on the field, if she can stay healthy I think she’s gonna tear games away from the oppo and Mon Conti doing Mon Conti things.

To have the performance across the board and only one goal from KB this season if Teams go in against us with the “stop Conti and you stop Richmond” idea it just won’t be enough.

The Game.

We’re going back to the wide flanks of Icon, the ground where we played them last time and the only time we’ve played em. It was our first ever game and we got beaten all ends up and went down by about 5-6 goals.

There’s been alotve changes since with the Team and Coaches since but I’d just like to take the opportunity to thank Carlton for their sponsorship of Grace Egan for us till we could get our house in order and bring her home.

Thanks Carlton, you dopey wanka’s.

BREANNE MOODY.

Arguably the most aggressive Ruck in the comp and olays with alotve presence.

Carl thumped the Saints and she led the charge after Saints came in light on for talls and they’re Ruck going down with Concussion in the first quarter. Had to play they’re CHF and CHB in there and Moody bullied them.

Moody tests forward and is a threat, she does have a tendency to try and do too much at times and can bugger it up occasionally.

If she drops in the hole against us I hope Wakefield gives her something to worry about.

DARCY VESCIO.

First player to 50 goals and has shifted to Def last couple of weeks.

Had 10 intercepts and 15 possessions off HB.

Vescio will be a Hall of Famer and maybe too smart for Yassir, but it would be the best player Milzy has come up against and I hope she gets to have a go head to head.

MIMI HILL & ABBY MCKAY

52 poss between em outve the midfield against the Saints (43 hit outs to 16).

Blooze got everything they’re own way for the first 3 quarters and those two feasted because of the Saints folding up like an origami wet blanket.

That won’t happen against us but these two are relentless and we need to break even at least at the clearances.

KERRYN PETERSON & LUCY MCEVOY

Peterson is a great Captain and leader but a bit of a free kick merchant. 3x AA and runner up in their B&F last year she is their spiritual leader if we can pressure her into some stuff ups I reckon the blooze will drop their bundle.

McEvoy is another great player, as a junior she was AA in her bottom age year and top age, as a Def and a Mid. She’s playing as a Def mostly now and if we can get a couple of wins in that position against her I think they’ll rattle.

Should be a cracker with a chance of some rain.

Tiges by 10 goals

Save for any mishap this week, Katie Brennan and Sara Hosking back in for the Carlton game which would be a welcome boost for this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rnd 8 Fri 14th Vs Carlton. 6.30pm Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back