AFLW Rnd 8 Fri 14th Vs Carlton. 6.30pm Ikon Park

Remove this Banner Ad

We got enough stars to go places this year ,,, need miller and shev back
Watching Sheerin last night, it’s just crazy she hasn’t been picked up.
174, can win the bobbling ball and get away from a pack, tackling doesn’t stop her, can just run all game at good pace, can play in the air and can be a threat from 40-45 out and doesn’t cheat to get a kick as a defender..she just beats them.
Miller and Shevlin back and if KB can stay on the park, teams are gonna have to play really well to beat us.

Really happy for Stella Reid, I use to say she looks like she’s running in gumboots but now she looks quicker and can run for longer.

174, can win the bobbling ball and get away from a pack, tackling doesn’t stop her, can just run all game at good pace, can play in the air and can be a threat from 40-45 out and doesn’t cheat to get a kick as a defender..she just beats them.
Miller and Shevlin back and if KB can stay on the park, teams are gonna have to play really well to beat us.

Really happy for Stella Reid, I use to say she looks like she’s running in gumboots but now she looks quicker and can run for longer.
courtney wakefields last goal ,was a prime example of just how clever stella reid is she waited for brennan to lead two carlton defenders ran with brennan leaving wakefield in some space heading back to the square,stella went yep ill kick it long to the square not to brennan and wakefiled marked and kicked the winning goal , ,,,,,just as wakefield took the mark katey brennan was clapping and cheering towards stella ,, was a great team effort that goal ,, stella was very clever ,, and she is getting better and better with each appearance

Yea I was a bit impatient with Reid , last year just didn’t want to get involved, now believes in herself , is a good kick , reliable mark and can sidestep , has a future

Yea I was a bit impatient with Reid , last year just didn’t want to get involved, now believes in herself , is a good kick , reliable mark and can sidestep , has a future
sometimes,, and im guilty of this too,, we forget just how young and inexperienced these girls are
stella just turned 19 ,,mon con is still only 22 ,,,scary really imagine when they are 25 and 28 respectivley

Eilish Sheerin on her AFLW journey
Originally training on with GWS back in her native Sydney, GWS had told her they would draft her but she had heard through the grapevine that Richmond was interested in picking her up.

When she was deciding what to do with her football career, she was given what she calls “a universal signal” that she should head to Richmond.

Her car that she had bought from a car dealer had a CD player in it, and after bumping it one time she discovered that the one track the CD had in there was the Richmond theme song.

That same night Richmond reached out to her so she took it as a sign to come down and see what Richmond was all about.

“But then also I’ve been so lucky in the fact that Richmond like the wider club, the team, the coaching staff have just been able to provide me with a wonderful environment to excel and perform and to play to my strengths, and that’s one of the big things at Richmond, play to your strengths and being able to just go out there and play on natural instinct has been a big part of that.”

Watch sheerins passes exiting d50 , she never wastes one , dimma would be happy with that , no wonder we’ve improved so much
There must be more ladies out there with her qualities as a player, that are in the lower leagues that need the opportunities, rather than plucking out women who haven't picked up a football before. As she is a gem of a player & can only see her getting better, especially when we get our other key players back from injuries. Which will hopefully allow her to move up the ground a bit & maybe get some midfield minutes leading into finals.

sometimes,, and im guilty of this too,, we forget just how young and inexperienced these girls are
stella just turned 19 ,,mon con is still only 22 ,,,scary really imagine when they are 25 and 28 respectivley
It’s a measure of the rising standard of W that 18yo rarely come in and make an impact anymore , exceptions but majority need to develop , same as afl

There must be more ladies out there with her qualities as a player, that are in the lower leagues that need the opportunities, rather than plucking out women who haven't picked up a football before. As she is a gem of a player & can only see her getting better, especially when we get our other key players back from injuries. Which will hopefully allow her to move up the ground a bit & maybe get some midfield minutes leading into finals.
I agree , with explosion in numbers playing state league , players in all states , surely there’s more. i was ready to sack our recruiter , now he’s ready for an extension lol

I agree , with explosion in numbers playing state league , players in all states , surely there’s more. i was ready to sack our recruiter , now he’s ready for an extension lol
Have met our recruiter
He use to work at one
Of my customers that I pick the mail up from
Ripping bloke,,knows his stuff,,
We are in good hands

courtney wakefields last goal ,was a prime example of just how clever stella reid is she waited for brennan to lead two carlton defenders ran with brennan leaving wakefield in some space heading back to the square,stella went yep ill kick it long to the square not to brennan and wakefiled marked and kicked the winning goal , ,,,,,just as wakefield took the mark katey brennan was clapping and cheering towards stella ,, was a great team effort that goal ,, stella was very clever ,, and she is getting better and better with each appearance
Good spot up Gu's. Tell Lord of the Wings all that - who roundly panned her some weeks ago. A nineteen year old (probs just turned 20 this month actually)! Sometimes you just have to keep your powder dry on young players, players that get injured, and players that move Clubs.

A good many on here have said numerous times that Stella Reid has footy IQ, but was growing into her body still. She knows the good spots in play, she has good vision and reads momentum well. She plays the angles. When we are being beaten for the ball across the ground, it is hard in the fwd 50 arc. Everything becomes hyper visible, the small mistakes or the beaten contests become magnified. Flip that to Friday night in those three quarters when you get on top. You get much more supply, and you win more as you win more - not just more by %, but the % goes up as well.

Stella Reid will have got enormous confidence from that game - that is how her mind's eye will have seen it play out many times I'll bet. In racing parlay, she will be much better for that hit-out!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eilish Sheerin on her AFLW journey
Originally training on with GWS back in her native Sydney, GWS had told her they would draft her but she had heard through the grapevine that Richmond was interested in picking her up.

When she was deciding what to do with her football career, she was given what she calls “a universal signal” that she should head to Richmond.

Her car that she had bought from a car dealer had a CD player in it, and after bumping it one time she discovered that the one track the CD had in there was the Richmond theme song.

That same night Richmond reached out to her so she took it as a sign to come down and see what Richmond was all about.

“But then also I’ve been so lucky in the fact that Richmond like the wider club, the team, the coaching staff have just been able to provide me with a wonderful environment to excel and perform and to play to my strengths, and that’s one of the big things at Richmond, play to your strengths and being able to just go out there and play on natural instinct has been a big part of that.”
The Richmond theme song in car CDs.. I remember camping on weekend and tigers won and a supporter played the song repeatedly from an hour. Guamtanamo torture.
Lucky she didn't get turned off. I love the name. Eilish.

She was a train on player so, obviously as close as you can get. I would've thought new team Sydney might pick her up.
Our good luck.

Good spot up Gu's. Tell Lord of the Wings all that - who roundly panned her some weeks ago. A nineteen year old (probs just turned 20 this month actually)! Sometimes you just have to keep your powder dry on young players, players that get injured, and players that move Clubs.

A good many on here have said numerous times that Stella Reid has footy IQ, but was growing into her body still. She knows the good spots in play, she has good vision and reads momentum well. She plays the angles. When we are being beaten for the ball across the ground, it is hard in the fwd 50 arc. Everything becomes hyper visible, the small mistakes or the beaten contests become magnified. Flip that to Friday night in those three quarters when you get on top. You get much more supply, and you win more as you win more - not just more by %, but the % goes up as well.

Stella Reid will have got enormous confidence from that game - that is how her mind's eye will have seen it play out many times I'll bet. In racing parlay, she will be much better for that hit-out!
Well said agree whole heartedly

The Richmond theme song in car CDs.. I remember camping on weekend and tigers won and a supporter played the song repeatedly from an hour. Guamtanamo torture.
Lucky she didn't get turned off. I love the name. Eilish.
It is a beautiful name
Is her Nicname Billy or Ed ,,,I wonder 🤔

Spoke with mate who’s heavily involved with junior rep bball said Moncon was freakish baller, I said she got eyes in back and side of her head vision so great ,, he said yeppers always like that

Check out the game she played against Gaze, Mooney and Vince on The Bounce. You'll find it on YouTube. She was dropping 3 pointers like she was shelling peas.

Are you obsessed with me? You seem to quote me in all your posts. I'll take it as a compliment at this point - thanks

For the record I mentioned Reid's game at halftime in this thread, however, she has a long way to go and still a fair way behind many of the girls drafted after her in her year.

What made me smile was just after Wakefield’s mark Laloifi going spare at Annie Lee for her loose checking of Reid. Loloifi had earlier been telling Lee to go and cover Stella, including when Stella marked & kicked a ripper to Wakefield that was almost taken near the boundary. Stella showed that she has the work rate, skills and footy smarts to become a real handful when playing as a third tall.

🤞 that Brennan and Wakefield can get out on the park together so we get to see more of what Stella can do.

What made me smile was just after Wakefield’s mark Laloifi going spare at Annie Lee for her loose checking of Reid. Loloifi had earlier been telling Lee to go and cover Stella, including when Stella marked & kicked a ripper to Wakefield that was almost taken near the boundary. Stella showed that she has the work rate, skills and footy smarts to become a real handful when playing as a third tall.

🤞 that Brennan and Wakefield can get out on the park together so we get to see more of what Stella can do.
Well observed

Are you obsessed with me? You seem to quote me in all your posts. I'll take it as a compliment at this point - thanks

For the record I mentioned Reid's game at halftime in this thread, however, she has a long way to go and still a fair way behind many of the girls drafted after her in her year.
🤣 Hardly. Out of over 10k posts I've managed to scratch up, I'd reckon you'd only get a mention in about 0.00002% Maybe you are obsessed with you.

Looking forward to hearing your mea culpa someday to Trent Mosbey :D

Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back