Opinion Rob Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

I was supporting Rob Chapman until I attended the Not-an-AGM. The Spin that night was unbelievable.

Rob is the master at telling half truths in a way that sounds credible until you closely examine what he says. According to Rob we self reported to the AFL and invited in the forensic accountants because we had nothing to hide.

The facts were that everyone except Triggy knew the game was up (mustn't have reach Paris) during the trading period. As soon as Triggy arrived back in Adelaide he met with Chapman and suddenly remembered that despite constantly denying there was a "attachment" to Kurt's contract, he recalled that he may have been mistaken. That was Rob's definition of fully cooperating with the AFL. After hiding the Tippett "deal" for 3 years and constantly denying it existed, when the AFL were about to slap on the handcuffs we decided to inform them that there may have been a "grey" area in Kurt's contract.

But wait folks there's more! Despite Rob constantly claiming that the AFL investigation found we were squeaky clean except for the mystery clause in Kurt's contract, the AFL found the Balfours deal. Not only was it incompetent to leave a trail of evidence, we continue to claim we cooperated fully with the AFL.

So instead of just getting hit for tampering with the draft, we then get charged with having a secret deal to enable us to exceed the salary cap if required.

No wonder Vlad has called bullshit on Chapman's claims.

Yep, has to go. The big chief has no respect for our little chief, willing to call him out and contradict him in the public arena. Obviously treats us with contempt and disdain since we bullshitted him. Not a happy place for a club to be.

Chapman also mentioned something very interesting. He claimed that the initial proposed punishment from the AFL involved people being sacked (presumably Trigg), but the club informed the AFL that they were not going to do that and negotiated towards a different penalty.

I personally would love to know what the original proposed sanctions were because since hearing this my biggest fear is that the club potentially may have willingly taken a far bigger hit through draft sanctions in order to protect Trigg's job.

Chapman also mentioned something very interesting. He claimed that the initial proposed punishment from the AFL involved people being sacked (presumably Trigg), but the club informed the AFL that they were not going to do that and negotiated towards a different penalty.

I personally would love to know what the original proposed sanctions were because since hearing this my biggest fear is that the club potentially may have willingly taken a far bigger hit through draft sanctions in order to protect Trigg's job.
Apparently we bargained for half of the original penalties, anyone that's been to Thailand knows you defanately don't accept half the original offer.

The only way your going to break the boys club is to have member elected boards and positions. You know, the member elections that your buddy Triggy and Chappy are so determined to not allow when the AFL buys back the licence and they have to do up a new consitution? They are never going to allow change at our club, because they would loose their jobs and perks. So me having a pipe dream of at least having somone with balls in the boys club isnt quite the issue here is it?

Excuse me? Trigg has said they are working towards that. Don't make stuff up.

Strange club we barrack for.
The Chairman couldn't make the hard and right decision and pull the trigger on Trigg.
Koch is out there selling his club to all and sundry and the only time we hear from our chairman is to dispute a claim of non cooperation. He then clams up and doesn't take the next step and argue the validity of Vlad's statement. How he inspires anyone at the club is beyond me.
Trigg and Harper both get 'holidays',cost us draft picks and we are stuck with more of the same for who knows how long.

While the only man who actually performed his job with proven results not empty words, drafting/ selecting us four NAB rising star nominees isn't with the club anymore.
Go figure!

Apparently we bargained for half of the original penalties, anyone that's been to Thailand knows you defanately don't accept half the original offer.

I would still love to know what the original penalites were ...........

Just imagine if the original offer was to only lose draft picks from 2012 and for Trigg to be sacked and we instead negotiated to take a far bigger draft hit in order to retain Trigg :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just imagine if the original offer was to only lose draft picks from 2012 and for Trigg to be sacked and we instead negotiated to take a far bigger draft hit in order to retain Trigg :eek:
I'd be borrowing the Tigers fans' dump truck from a few years ago and making a deposit to AAMI

According to Chapman, the original penalties were the sacking of Trigg and Harper, $1M in fines and four years of draft sanctions!

Which would have been the most absurd punishment ever handed down by any judiciary body in the history of forever. That's not a "negotiate down to half" type of punishment, that's a "laugh in their face and ask them to call you when they're ready to be serious" type of punishment.

Koch is out there selling his club to all and sundry and the only time we hear from our chairman is to dispute a claim of non cooperation. He then clams up and doesn't take the next step and argue the validity of Vlad's statement. ...
Koch got the AFL to apologise for calling us ferals. :p

According to Chapman, the original penalties were the sacking of Trigg and Harper, $1M in fines and four years of draft sanctions!

Which would have been the most absurd punishment ever handed down by any judiciary body in the history of forever. That's not a "negotiate down to half" type of punishment, that's a "laugh in their face and ask them to call you when they're ready to be serious" type of punishment.

Holy Jesus. On that basis, I'm surprised Carlton weren't treated like Herostratus.

So, what I'm hearing is, instead of stuffing around trying to manipulate the draft, we should have stuck with the players we had and just injected them with "supplements" to make them better.

Not even a Crows hating Port supporter could have come up with something like that. :eek:

So when the situation doesnt change Jenny will get on this forum and defend Triggy for his decision not to give members proper voting rights.
All members?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Rob Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back