Opinion Rob Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

I will at least say he knows he needs to repair things, even if he is less sure how to - or whether he wants to go that far

This sort of thing annoys me:

. Said who do you believe Steven or the Tippett camp in regards to re-negging on the deal.

That's really finessing the truth, and he knows it

Firstly, why would we believe Trigg? He has every reason to lie. As Mandy Rice Davies said: well he would say that, wouldn't he?

Reducing things to a he said/she said is the act of a desperate man.

Particularly when there are facts to fallback on

Secondly:
Its not a question of who to believe because the facts are there is an agreement in writing, and no evidence of ANY kind that there was a recision. none.

Agreement in writing, and nothing to contradict it.

The only suggestion that it was rescinded came from a man accused, in order to save his bacon.

The whole reneging thing is pure deflection anyway.

We we still organising 3rd party deals and worrying about shortfalls in the $100, 000 sponsorhip deals we'd underwritten right til the end. This part was never reneged and we got punished for both of these breaches.

And the "second rounder" clause was never reneged either. Trigg simply told Blucher we wouldn't live up to our end of the deal.

We give Tippett the get out clause... he agrees to play for us until 2012. That was the deal. If Trigg truly reneged on the deal that would have meant tearing up the contract and alerting the AFC Board so that they could decide the course of action.

The more we learn of all this, the more Tippett is looking the good guy.

When he probably would've moved on without fuss to Brisbane, Triggy kyboshed the trade to keep a guy who was always gonna leave the next year despite us clearly holding the weakest trading hand possible because of his dodgy deal.

Sure it's a pity he was useless in the final that counted v SYDNEY, and sure he pulled a swifty by choosing the very same team as his preferred destination, but we were dumb enough to make the deal initially.

Finally, the most insane thing of all, the AFC fought tooth and nail to keep the CEO that let it all happen and probably sacrificed even more draft picks to do it!

You couldn't make this s**t up!!!!!!!!!!

More simply, if we'd reneged, we would've traded him to Brisbane when we had the chance.

The dodgy deals were dumb, but the non-trade to Brisbane given our situation would have to be the absolute dumbest decision in football.

It's such a no-brainer that anyone with full knowledge of the situation would've been rushing to offload him for a half reasonable price (as the next year we were looking at a 2nd rounder, though Sydney graciously threw in Jesse White)

The lesson to be learned is not to throw all your money at a player who doesn't want to be at the club. It wasn't any secret that Tippett wasn't going to stay in Adelaide for the long haul.

Next time we get a player like this, trade his ass out while he's still got currency. Tippett wasn't the first and he won't be the last. The club seriously needs to grow a pair.

Also why don't we poach a player for once? Throw some money at a decent small forward. We might have to pay overs but it would be nice to be on the other side of the fence for once.

The dodgy deals were dumb, but the non-trade to Brisbane given our situation would have to be the absolute dumbest decision in football.

It's such a no-brainer that anyone with full knowledge of the situation would've been rushing to offload him for a half reasonable price (as the next year we were looking at a 2nd rounder, though Sydney graciously threw in Jesse White)

Except if you thought it wasn't an issue anymore and he'd indicated he was going to stay?

The whole reneging thing is pure deflection anyway.

We we still organising 3rd party deals and worrying about shortfalls in the $100, 000 sponsorhip deals we'd underwritten right til the end. This part was never reneged and we got punished for both of these breaches.

And the "second rounder" clause was never reneged either. Trigg simply told Blucher we wouldn't live up to our end of the deal.

We give Tippett the get out clause... he agrees to play for us until 2012. That was the deal. If Trigg truly reneged on the deal that would have meant tearing up the contract and alerting the AFC Board so that they could decide the course of action.
jenny61_99 this is the email I'm referring to. It was having to possibly pay the money but hiding it from the AFL. That was Phil.

jenny61_99 this is the email I'm referring to. It was having to possibly pay the money but hiding it from the AFL. That was Phil.

We never paid an extra cent to Tippett, but Reid had underwritten to do so should there be shortfalls. Maybe it was that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lesson to be learned is not to throw all your money at a player who doesn't want to be at the club. It wasn't any secret that Tippett wasn't going to stay in Adelaide for the long haul.

Next time we get a player like this, trade his ass out while he's still got currency. Tippett wasn't the first and he won't be the last. The club seriously needs to grow a pair.

Also why don't we poach a player for once? Throw some money at a decent small forward. We might have to pay overs but it would be nice to be on the other side of the fence for once.

Hard lesson to learn. We have always and will always have to deal with the go home factor, Tippett was the first we really tried to keep. Previous to this the club had always been criticised for not get the deal done.

We know we are not the only club with such deals, just the one dumb enough (or unlucky enough) to get caught.

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Had he stayed and it didn't bite us like it has would the risk have been worth it.

What would be an acceptable risk to keep Danger.

Hard lesson to learn. We have always and will always have to deal with the go home factor, Tippett was the first we really tried to keep. Previous to this the club had always been criticised for not get the deal done.

We know we are not the only club with such deals, just the one dumb enough (or unlucky enough) to get caught.

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. Had he stayed and it didn't bite us like it has would the risk have been worth it.

Danger...give him the captincy.

We never paid an extra cent to Tippett, but Reid had underwritten to do so should there be shortfalls. Maybe it was that?
Yep I think that was it, Phil sent out the email with a disclaimer, don't tell the AFL
This was it:

There are more emails. In one, Harper discusses with Trigg and Adelaide finance manager Grant Rutherford whether the club had room in its salary cap to cover an anticipated shortfall in Tippett's additional $200,000, expressing doubt the club could absorb it. The same concern is broached in another email, sent earlier this year to Trigg, Rutherford, list manager David Noble and general manager of finance and administration Shane Smallacombe, with Harper explaining the Crows were around $50,000 short on the $200,000 and that if they couldn't find other companies to chip in, the money would have to go into the club's salary cap. Adelaide could not afford to not pay Tippett the money, he said, because otherwise the letter might resurface, leaving the Crows facing a hefty AFL fine. The football manager finished with an instruction: ''please delete this email''.
Despite all their protestations, they were busy running around fulfilling their obligations of the illegal deal.

If we can get a couple of top 10 picks for him it might not be the end of the world, especially if Crouch is anything to go by.

Except if you thought it wasn't an issue anymore and he'd indicated he was going to stay?
Come on. They're spinning you absolute BS here.

If Tippett was so keen to stay why wouldn't they have offered him a new deal then and there? Like they did after 2009. Get it put away. Say goodnight to the illegal deal forever.

And when Tippett said "no thanks, I'll wait until the end of my contract to renegotiate" then they would have known that the risk remained and trading him would be smart.

If Tippett was so keen to stay why wouldn't they have offered him a new deal then and there? Like they did after 2009. Get it put away. Say goodnight to the illegal deal forever.

And when Tippett said "no thanks, I'll wait until the end of my contract to renegotiate" then they would have known that the risk remained and trading him would be smart.

They should have known Tippett would walk. He was living in a small unit in Glenelg. My buddy whose a plumber worked at his place. He told me it screamed temporary accommodation. I knew then he was likely to leave. For some reason the Crows couldn't figure it out.

Apparently managing risk is jamming your head up your arse and pretending it doesn't exist.

When told of Demetriou's comments on 5AA:

"That's absolute crap!"

This and his emailing of people here last night at 11pm.. respect for this man.

I hope I don't offend you...cough cough.....but you are the tool of the year

Chapman is in this crap up to his eyeballs...I hate the prick and I want him and Trigg gone from our club

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Rob Chapman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back