Rumour Robbie Williams AFL grand final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

You are never going to please everyone with such a wide variety of music tastes (there's probably people wondering why we don't have an American rapper singing about hood life, or why no techno!), and the MCG is not a great concert arena, but all you ask is for engagement with the crowd and some effort. Between the John Farnham tribute, encouraging the crowd to get involved, and some chemistry with Goodrem, I think it was a big tick. You can't sit there and say "BUT I don't like pop music/Robbie Williams so it was shit".

I have only been to one grand final. A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so as a bucket list type of thing, I arranged for us to both go. As a west Australian, I got us a vip package deal. Business class, vip Sofitel accommodation, pregame show and great seats. Alice Cooper was in town and had the room next to mine.
We chatted at breakfast (cool guy).
But the highlight of our trip? You guessed it! Meatloaf! He was so astoundingly bad it was hilarious! It was a fantastic trip, I still get a laugh out of it today!

I have only been to one grand final. A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with terminal cancer, so as a bucket list type of thing, I arranged for us to both go. As a west Australian, I got us a vip package deal. Business class, vip Sofitel accommodation, pregame show and great seats. Alice Cooper was in town and had the room next to mine.
We chatted at breakfast (cool guy).
But the highlight of our trip? You guessed it! Meatloaf! He was so astoundingly bad it was hilarious! It was a fantastic trip, I still get a laugh out of it today!
Sounds like an amazing memory. Nice work.

How can they * up the grand final entertainment so badly nearly every year? Robbie Williams? * me. I'm sure all the 40+ mums in the crowd will love it. I might be bias but The Killers were amazing compared to most others. If they don't get an entertaining rock band it's going to be s**t no matter who it is. A bloke singing Rudebox? That ain't it.
That's actually my favourite song of his by a country mile. I'm a weird unit. 🙃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's actually my favourite song of his by a country mile. I'm a weird unit. 🙃
Me and My Monkey is his best IMO but the occasion wasn't right for a song about an alter ego monkey who goes to Vegas and orders monkey hookers and kills a Mexican.

I heard from a few punters that he was the highlight of the day...

As soon as he finished I said "bet that is better than the actual game".

Best pre game entertainment I have ever seen. Great tributes to Warnie and JF.

Anyone bagging it out are trolls and have NFI.

I was at the ground level near where he came on and he really was excellent. Whole crowd was engaged and singing or humming along to most of the songs and he knew how to connect with the crowd with his tributes and references. AFL got more than their moneys worth....

Best ever pre game entrtainment.

Only problem is... AFL will not be able to top it now. oh yeah they still got night time up their sleeves-lights, fireworks etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Robbie Williams AFL grand final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back