Rumour Robbie Williams AFL grand final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion: it'd be like when they had to scramble to get Lionel Ritchie for the 2010 replay and everyone thought he'd be un utter disaster but he was great and it was one of the more memorably enjoyable performances in the past few decades.

I think Robbie Williams would put on a pretty good show if they got him. It's not like I love his music or anything but he's a good live performer.

Allen Jakovich and Russell Robertson if the Dees make it again to the GF

Unpopular opinion: it'd be like when they had to scramble to get Lionel Ritchie for the 2010 replay and everyone thought he'd be un utter disaster but he was great and it was one of the more memorably enjoyable performances in the past few decades.

I think Robbie Williams would put on a pretty good show if they got him. It's not like I love his music or anything but he's a good live performer.

Difference is Lionel Ritchie is a genuine music icon. Robbie Wiliams is an ex-boy band hack that managed to eek out a career surrounded by management types ensuring his image was paramount. I had a woman at my work tell me what a wild perfomer Robbie Williams is - I suggested she check out GG Allin.

Difference is Lionel Ritchie is a genuine music icon. Robbie Wiliams is an ex-boy band hack that managed to eek out a career surrounded by management types ensuring his image was paramount. I had a woman at my work tell me what a wild perfomer Robbie Williams is - I suggested she check out GG Allin.

I'd argue all that counts for naught. I'd also look for a local performer wherever possible but if it is determined that a big international name is the go I'd be looking for broad generational appeal (tick), easy songs for people to get out of their seats and sing along to (tick) and a performer who knows how to put on a show and will probably be as good a bet as anyone to get a tough crowd involved (tick).

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Robbie Williams AFL grand final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back