Robert Eddy is awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

The Saints just much more polished with Eddy in the team.

I think he's a great player and we've given him finals experience.

He could be the player we need to provide some more run late in the season.

He really puts his body on the line so he can give away a free kick or two but I don't think his hardness at the contest is in question.

Where was he in the grand final after being in the Prelim winning team??

Anybody that calls for Eddy to be dropped or axed in any way shape or form should get a red card. He's best 22 and I've got no doubt about it.

214976.jpg

i honestly think he's proved himself well, hasn't really played a terrible game has he this year?

i think he'll be helpful

The Saints just much more polished with Eddy in the team.

I think he's a great player and we've given him finals experience.

He could be the player we need to provide some more run late in the season.

He really puts his body on the line so he can give away a free kick or two but I don't think his hardness at the contest is in question.

Where was he in the grand final after being in the Prelim winning team??

Anybody that calls for Eddy to be dropped or axed in any way shape or form should get a red card. He's best 22 and I've got no doubt about it.

214976.jpg

It is players like Robert Eddy that will win us that premiership.

Those who will do the things most won't see, those who are willing to sacrifice their individual stats for the benefit of the team, those who will not chase the spotlight, those who will not give up and work even harder after being dropped for a grand final, those who will not give up and work even harder after being injured by an umpire, those who will never look back at a game feeling that they haven't given all they've got.

If you look up 'Saints Footy' in the dictionary, you will find a photo of Robert Eddy.

It is players like Robert Eddy that will win us that premiership.

Those who will do the things most won't see, those who are willing to sacrifice their individual stats for the benefit of the team, those who will not chase the spotlight, those who will not give up and work even harder after being dropped for a grand final, those who will not give up and work even harder after being injured by an umpire, those who will never look back at a game feeling that they haven't given all they've got.

If you look up 'Saints Footy' in the dictionary, you will find a photo of Robert Eddy.

Yes, Yes and Yes. Agree with everything you have said. He puts more on the line than most of the other players in the competition, and never gives up. I'm really starting to love this man.

Not all the 22 can be superstars, he has role, and I think he performs it to the best of his ability....and then some more. I endorse this thread :thumbsu:

While i appreciate his effort and one percenters he is a player that frustrates me. IMO he shows a lack of ability and creativity often makes poor decisions.

Example on the weekend he did ok to dodge a few port players in a tight situation, but held on to it to long and was lucky not to get tackled. He simply looked like he didnt know what to do. He had Kosi to his left and roo leading out of the square into open space, went for goal from 30 out and missed.

I dont see him in our best 22, lacks polish and ability for me. Yes a player like Jonesy has the same flaws, but IMO one or 2 decent tackles or good efforts doesnt make up for countless missed opportunities or mistakes.

Just my opinion, will never doubt his effort tho.

While i appreciate his effort and one percenters he is a player that frustrates me. IMO he shows a lack of ability and creativity often makes poor decisions.

Example on the weekend he did ok to dodge a few port players in a tight situation, but held on to it to long and was lucky not to get tackled. He simply looked like he didnt know what to do. He had Kosi to his left and roo leading out of the square into open space, went for goal from 30 out and missed.

I dont see him in our best 22, lacks polish and ability for me. Yes a player like Jonesy has the same flaws, but IMO one or 2 decent tackles or good efforts doesnt make up for countless missed opportunities or mistakes.

Just my opinion, will never doubt his effort tho.
I'm with you, I haven't seen anything from him so far that puts him into the "awesome" category.

Sometimes I think we mistake "talent" for experience. Eddy's insecurity and issues with decision-making have nothing to do with his ability or talent, it has to do with him still growing into his role as a footballer. How many games has he played?

Remember Clinton Jones, people. When he came, the same things were being complained about with him. Now, he's the best tagger in the league. What MADE him that was, in large part, his gut, his heart. Eddy is another player with that same heart.

As i said in another thread, looking at how he went about it in the half-forward line the other day, I started to think "Hamill". Hopefully, he proves me right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the lack of faith shown by some "supporters", I also think Robert Edwards is awesome.

Needs to improve his kicking (not Robinson Crusoe there) and find away to release the ball after he's dived on it (no easy task these days when outnumbered).

But still only 22yo, and gets 25 touches every time at VFL level.

Probably back a week early for mine after the knee injury, but if people don't think his desperation rubs off on others they are kidding themselves.

We have been lacking a bit of zip and enthusiasm - it's back.

Well done Robert Eddington. :thumbsu:

I don't mind Roberto.

He's growing on me. Puts his body in and gets dirty. A worker bee if you will.

Every good side needs them.

MrEd.jpg

Anyway, certain players act as a barometer for those around them, consider the problems stemmed around the half forward line to the point where Steven & McQualter were dropped through lack of effort & impact over several weeks,prior to that when Roo was out we fiddled with players to find a functioning half forward line. It is only one game and it wasn't exactly pretty (since he's still young and not as polished as he could be) but you could see that the forward line functioned much much better with someone having that desperation to "find footy, get footy, deck the other bloke" and it rubbed off.

Indecision in the F50 comes with time to understand the instinctive nuances that come with the structure, being 30 out he might as well have had a ping but likewise he might have been under instruction to pass it off to someone in a better position, instinct then might be lagged since to not even play to instruction he'd quickly find himself back out of the team, yet if he had been playing for most of the year instinct would say have a ping.

Also, his set shot is rather beautiful, not so much his field kicking at the moment where he rushes everything, very fluid that and while someone like Heyne has the better disposal in general he could learn a thing or two about desperation & pressure. Finally, I think Eddy's grown as a player since he's been rooming with Baker, the positive aspects of being a hardarse if you will. :p

You didn't see his goal from 50?
If he couldnt kick he wouldn't have slotted that one...
Did you see what he did with his other kicks? They were all clangers.

Happy with any of his 13 handballs or 5 tackles?
I would've preferred if he had 19 handballs cause that means he only would've kicked the ball once. His woeful kicking didn't hurt us in a blowout but it will in a final. Maybe he can have the ruckmen rule applied to him - no kicks, just handballs.

Eddy always gives 100% which is fantastic but he is never going to be an awesome player, too many limitations to his game- lack of speed and average kicking skills just to name 2. I think Baker may take his spot come finals time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Eddy is awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Back