Multiplat RoboCop: Rogue City

Remove this Banner Ad

Released on 31 October for Windows, PS5, and XBox Series, an original storyline following the events of the first two RoboCop films in a FPS with some light RPG mechanics. Peter Weller returns to play the title character.

I've just started playing it (will be switching between this and Alan Wake 2). It's enjoyable, but given the nature of the protagonist it's a slow moving FPS with over the top violence. I'm finding the integration of Alex Murphy's memories into the RoboCop experience quite faithful to the films, from the small amount I've played so far.

In a year with massive releases (Starfield, Baldur's Gate 3, Phantom Liberty, Alan Wake 2, Forza Motorsport) this game is running a serious risk of being overlooked. It will not be spoken of as a GOTY contender, but fans of the source material may get a lot out of what looks to be a solid 7/10 game.

I'm definitely interested in this! I'm glad to hear it's had a pretty good launch and a lot of people are enjoying it.

I played Terminator: Resistance by the same developer's and enjoyed it quite a lot. It was a great homage to the lore of the first two Terminator films and it looks like they've done similar with RoboCop. :thumbsu:

Just finished it. Really enjoyed it, but I think the 7/10 I expected in the OP was accurate. A lot of fun, and a love letter to the first two films. I played on hard difficulty and didn't have much trouble (with there only being one set piece that gave me much trouble), though tbf a lot of these sort of games allow you to manipulate the environment and AI to handle tough encounters
Indestructible crates. Bear this in mind when you face ED-209

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat RoboCop: Rogue City

Remove this Banner Ad

Back