Robson to resign today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we've admitted we had poor governance in place and he is in charge of said governance?
yep, to Essendon's credit they have stayed consistent to the narrative. It's just that the more skeptical amongst the non-Dons supporters don't believe the narrative.

he has resigned, no doubt as a result of the governance review.

Should be interesting to see the reactions on this board of the agitators. Who'd have thought that Essendon were working through a process?
That process has been predicted by some of the alligators 3 months ago ;)

Because we've admitted we had poor governance in place and he is in charge of said governance?

Did Hird admitted that he is fully responsible for whatever happens in football department. If governance is an issue, he should go first.

since when is a CEO "expendable"?

You have a funny notion of accountability if you think that

Have you seen what public listed company's do to CEO's who don't perform? They are expendable and get paid well for it.

Footy clubs are in the public eye more and have a lot more emotional important to the members. In this case, the CEO is a lot more expendable than Hirdy, a club legend. If Hirdy resigns, you know the shit has well and truly hit the fan as that decision would polarise the club and cost members.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Press conference may announce Hird's rumoured new 3 year deal.

Nice deflection from the main issue. The PR machine is certainly earning their keep. We had some rent-a-quotes saying all is well and reassuring the sponsors. Now we have a road fatality to appease the fourth estate. Funny how it happened on the day the manufacturing industry in Australia finally died.

Is Goodwin the next sacrificial lamb ?

JAMES HIRD (Feb. 5, 2013): I'm very disappointed, shocked, I think probably the best word. We believe that as the leader of the football department, as the coach take full responsibility of what happens within our football departmentand I believe we've followed processes, we've put in place the right sort of processes. My understanding is that we worked within the framework that was given to us by the AFL and by WADA, and I'm shocked to be sitting here, really.

It appears you take responsibility by pushing someone else out these days.....

Nice deflection from the main issue. The PR machine is certainly earning their keep. We had some rent-a-quotes saying all is well and reassuring the sponsors. Now we have a road fatality to appease the fourth estate. Funny how it happened on the day the manufacturing industry in Australia finally died.

Is Goodwin the next sacrificial lamb ?

How can all be well? o_O

You can't win. Digest the governance report = ESSENDOPE DOING NOTHING. Take action: IT'S A SCAPEGOAT.

Of course he's a scapegoat. Was the program Robson's brainchild? Did he sponsor it? Did he influence players to succumb to it?

He's a sacrificial offering. Not even an Essendon person, really.

why don't you think about the questions I posed previously. Maybe it will come to you eventually. Hint: governance vs supplement program

Governance is not some kind of faceless, personless entity no matter how Ziggy spun it.

Governance is a manifestation of the people that are there.

Those people let bad stuff happen. With this Essendon is acknowledging bad stuff happened even more.

Those people should be gone and it shouldn't stop with Robson.

Who will take his job ? Very tough gig but I can guarantee Brian Cook's name will be amongst the first mentioned as always.

Essendon fans:

Stop the spin at least in forums. Hird was responsible for football dept. Common sense says be it sporting issue, governance issue, moral issues, immoral issues, logical issues, illogical issues, (insert other "spin" issues here), Hird should resign first.

/end rant

This entirely relates to the governance review conducted by Ziggy. When Ziggy's report came out what was it 4 weeks ago now, I knew Robson's days were indeed numbered.

If I recall correctly, I actually stated that Robson would go..have done many times. As CEO he was ultimately responsible for the hiring and firing of staff. He had the final say.

The long and the short of it is had he not given the go-ahead for Essendon to contract Dank into the club, we'd be in the clear. So he had to go. But, I'm glad he has chosen to resign rather than the board sacking him.

As to the replacement - well the rumour is already out there that is to be non football-related CEO to take it over.

Two alternatives have been mentioned.

Paul Little of Toll Holdings, who was on the board not so long ago;

and

Ziggy Switkowski.

Think about the latter for a minute. That report he presented would read very well as a fine job application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back