Rocca retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor form by anyone bagging a player on the day he's retired. You may not hold a player in high regard, but many of his supporters who saw him week in will have fond memories and this is their opportunity to express that.

Well done Rocca and good luck in retirement:thumbsu:

Got to agree with this. Nut up and post your congrats on a good career or keep it to yourself.

Played for a terrible team, will probably always be compared to his older brother which is unfair and had a mug only a mother could love.

That said he was more then serviceable for the Pies and got them over the line many a time. Well done on a good career.

Talented player and a matchwinner on his day. Would've been a sensation in the 70's where his numerous quiet games would likely have been glossed over in favour of his powerful marking and kicking.

Its a disgrace that people on here are talking shiite. Congrats Rocca and I hope you make it as a punter. Great atmosphere when he would mark 60 out and the crowd would urge him to have a crack.

The poster who said he was one of the worst players to play in Grand Final knows absolutely nothing about football.

Well done Rocca on a good career, 200 AFL games playing CHF. Was always a threat with his marking power and long kicking. Unfortunately no matter how much he trained he was never naturally fit and it told over his career.

Never quite reached the heights he promised to though, a combination of leg injuries (which are almost fatal to a not very fit huge bloke ) and the changes to the modern game saw him get left behind a bit.

All the best to him for his life after football. :thumbsu:

He's pretty shite. Thank god Malthouse put him out of his misery and convinced him to give it up.

Child-

ruse

"dodging movements of a hunted animal," from O.Fr. ruse (14c.), noun use of ruser "to dodge, repel, retreat,"

Maybe you need to be put out of your misery!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darren Bewick would beg to differ.

Two time Premiership player, I think you are being very silly. I liked Pebbles I backed him for the Norm Smith back in `02 and he went very close to winning it. Great servant for collingwood, like his brother smashed us a few times.

Rocca was great. I wonder if he DID kick that goal, how different things would have been..? (Was anybody there and can they confirm if it was a goal or point? Mal Michael said in interview that if post had of been higher it would have definitely hit the post)
If that's the case then it was definitely a point (poster) and the goal ump made the right call, yes?

Loved watching him launch those long bombs.

Worst and ugliest player to get to 200 games.

Some of the other people sprouting shit on here about him is slightly disrespectful (as much as possible on an interwebz forum lol) but when a Fremantle supporter does it, well it is just funny.

Seems to me a few people on the main board don't know where bay 13 is.

I've been red carded on this board for half the crap some of you ********s are saying.

Well done big fella, was great to watch when he was up and about.:thumbsu:

So many posters on here are just footy clueless.....

Shit players dont play 200 games of AFL football, regardless of what you think so give the guy a break, if you've got nothing good to say then stay away.

WD Rocca on a great career.

Go and kick your dog in the guts if you've got nothing better to do then post crap.

I agree, Anthony Rocca is a better player by far than Leigh Brown, so Rocca is not the worst player to play 200 games.

Congrats on a good career, opposition supporters don't seem to appreciate how good he was for us - they seem to get caught up on the fact he was wasn't the fittest bloke running around. In his prime was a great contested mark and I loved nothing more than watching him torp it from 65. Good career and great servant of the club.

Congrats on a good career, opposition supporters don't seem to appreciate how good he was for us - they seem to get caught up on the fact he was wasn't the fittest bloke running around. In his prime was a great contested mark and I loved nothing more than watching him torp it from 65. Good career and great servant of the club.
Wasnt in his prime for very long.Only had 2 really good consistant years throughout his career and the rest was shadowed with huge inconsistant performances

Remove this Banner Ad

Rocca retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back