Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2008
Reykjavík
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
What an awful loss.
There is extremely little to take out of today's game that is positive as a supporter. However, short of losing our players to the Gold Coast for nothing, things could truly not get any worse. We have just been hugely embarresed on the biggest home and away stage of the year by a club I truly despise.

Surely, the only way is up from here :thumbsu:

Good on the pies, they just pummeled us where it counted like teams have been doing of late.

That whole stream of goals kicked against us came in a huge flurry, this time in the 1st quarter, which was imo, the worst quarter essendon has played in a long long time.

No toast though =[

RockBottombyTheRockWWEWrestleManiaX.gif

bad luck fellas. i have a mutual respect for the dons and highly enjoy our traditional rivalry. you guys may have a tough year but things will get better and history tells us that next years anzac day should be much closer

Absolutely disgraceful showing today. Channel 7 commentators suggested the only team we would be capable of beating at the moment is Richmond but it would be even money bet. I shudder to think what the reaction will be if Hawthorn beats us next week. 2006 was bad but we had a truckload of injuries then, including Lloydy for the year. We have no injuries to speak of and our best team on the park at the moment. WTF!

Hi guys,

I know its tough after coming off a loss like today's but I thought I would come in and try and cheer you up with this little tidbit.

At least you never have to watch Adam McPhee play in an Essendon jumper again. Clearly the worst footballer in the AFL at the moment by a long way.

Its about as worse as it gets. Will be a long, long year!

Im still excited about our young tall prospects, but we clearly need some quality midfields and a better coach.

First time poster here guys...hope to have some good conversations with some Essendon faithful!!

Its about as worse as it gets. Will be a long, long year!

Im still excited about our young tall prospects, but we clearly need some quality midfields and a better coach.

First time poster here guys...hope to have some good conversations with some Essendon faithful!!

Welcome to BigFooty :thumbsu:
And yeah, Knights needs replacing. The thought of Hirdy coaching makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. But at least get rid of Knighta for a start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Words cannot describe my absolute disgust with this club at the moment. I truly believe this is ROCK BOTTOM.

I can handle losing to better sides, no worries, but spiritless and GUTLESS displays like that yesterday on such a big stage with so much on the line... absolutely NOT ON!

Feel very sorry for those who work hard and put their hard earned money into this club and have to witness insipid displays like that. There isn't a word in the dictionary that describes how diabolical they were yesterday.

1-4 and there will be no way back in 2010 now. Drop some of the overpaid rubbish on our list like Welsh, Lovett-Murray etc and play more kids. They'll show more spirit than a majority did yesterday even if we keep losing by big margins. Enough is enough.

And as for the coach... don't get me started. He is a fraud and is embarrassing a once mighty club who was once feared at home and away, no matter what position on the ladder they were.

Well, a wooden spoon is obviously a worst case scenario. The pain of a wooden spoon this year though, with GCFC entering the draft with full advantage, could be extremely painful.

Self-confidence is a fickle emotion. Knights banishment of Prismall, I think, has proved unhelpful. Likewise his elevation of Colyer. The problem here is that sending Prismall to Bendigo was an over-reaction. Sending a player to Bendigo could have struck fear into them to perform well, or it could have struck the players as something of an injustice that was indeserved. Given that many of us recognised it as an injustice, it's fair to suggest that it may have been seen as such by some in the playing group as well, particularly given that most of our success last year was with the inclusion of Prismall. An ordinary game doesn't warrant being dropped. Until the final quarter v Geelong Prismall was in everything.

So, Colyer gets elevated. He can run very fast, granted, but if the guy can't dispose of it cleanly then his inclusion is pointless. Prismall, while not as quick, can dispose of the ball cleanly 9 games out of 10.

Put simply, Prismall > Colyer.
Colyer > Prismall = a recognisable injustice to the playing group = a lack of confidence in the coach.

I do feel sorry for you guys. As horrid as we are, I reckon it is far worse to be bad when you thought you would be better.

We ahve been told all summer how awful were ( they were right!), the worst team since Fitzroy etc, so it actually doesn't hurt that bad because we expect to lose, so you look for other things ie improvement in young players. How we got 5 goals in front last night is beyond me

Hawthorn and Crows thought they were top four material and the bombers thought they were finals bound, so the letdown is huge.

It would almost have been better to miss the finalos last year than to have made it and lose by a zillion points and build expectations

First of all. Prismall's disposal is not better than Colyers. Colyer worked for his place, and rightfully kept it, it is probably time for a spell though. Prismall should be given another chance, but he is far from the solution.

We can't do anything about it this year, but we are in desperate need of decent experienced players. McVeigh is only good average player, long overrated. Welsh is a complete spud, and should not even be in the side. Neither of them does anything on the feild to suggest leader or inspiration to me. Thank God for Fletch. I would rather us lose with kids who try, than these poster childs of the mediocrity that has been EFC since 2003ish. We must trade some of thes fringe players like Houli (example only) to try to get experienced cool heads to the club. (easier said than done I know)

disgraceful effort. i was embarrassed to be an essendon supporter at the game yesterday.
i don't expect us to win every game we play, but i expect the players to have a crack and show some heart, especially on ANZAC day.
the coaching staff and players need to do some serious soul searching, because yesterday's performance was pathetic. and it pains me to see melbourne and other clubs go past us while we go backwards. hopefully they show some passion before the season is out.

disgraceful effort. i was embarrassed to be an essendon supporter at the game yesterday.
i don't expect us to win every game we play, but i expect the players to have a crack and show some heart, especially on ANZAC day.
the coaching staff and players need to do some serious soul searching, because yesterday's performance was pathetic. and it pains me to see melbourne and other clubs go past us while we go backwards. hopefully they show some passion before the season is out.

I have to agree guys- Your club is an embarrassment at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Rock Bottom

Remove this Banner Ad

Back