Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

I've reached diamond and even champion previously. As much as I play I don't play competitive enough to stay consistent. Tonight I had more wins than losses, but tomorrow night I'm likely going to have more losses than wins.

I genuinely don't know how you could get to champ and then fall back to platinum. That is like two entirely different games. I haven't actually played the game for probably 12 months but I am certain I could jump back in and comfortably crush diamonds 😅

I genuinely don't know how you could get to champ and then fall back to platinum. That is like two entirely different games. I haven't actually played the game for probably 12 months but I am certain I could jump back in and comfortably crush diamonds 😅

Where are you getting your distributions from? Diamond 1 is like top 25%. Platinum holds 50% from what I can see and from my experience playing this stacks up

Why the **** are the distributions different at each game type? Makes no sense

As far as I can tell, it's effectively inflation and the duo/standard playerbases are significantly larger than duels so it is accelerated there. A hypothetical player who is equally skilled in each mode will rank highest in duos, followed by standard and finally duels.

Fairly easy it's me here :p

I've made it to diamond then stayed in platinum for the rest of a season previously. Platinum is my usual "ceiling" especially over the last year where I rarely did competitive matches outside of tournaments. I've also been knocked back to gold and had to work my way up again.

** Case in point ** I know in 2 v 2 or 3 v 3 you live and die by your teammates skill level as well. But the first game was a 2 - 5 loss, I knew we were up against it when I was the better of our teams attack and defence. But my teammate insisted on finishing the match (which annoyed me as I knew with 2 minutes to go we were getting done like dinner).

Second match was better but this time I was our team's weak link. I was keeping up ok with defence, but my attack was weak as. We won 3 - 2 with seconds to spare, actually their final attack with seconds to go almost resulted in a goal when I guessed wrong and sent the car into the wrong direction leaving the open goal just as time expired.

Last edited:
First tournament win of the new season - a week later than I usually have my first win but still huzzzaaaaaaaaaa

V3vayZo.png

After last weekend's stellar game play (was hitting everything cleanly and doing everything I used to be able to do blindfolded - get the car in the perfect position at the right time and hit it exactly where I want it to go etc). I've been playing rather crappily since Tuesday. At the reverse of last weeks form (winning more than losing) I was pretty much losing 5 out of 7 games. And that was with my touch form still pretty decent, but tonight it completely deserted me.

Had a match during the tournament where I was on 6 points.... 6 POINTS until the late stage of the match (where an assist and a goal helped make it more respectable).

For the tournament I opted to stay in goal for as much as possible, a strategy that didn't really pay off until the semi final stage. From there I became our teams steadier, help stop the attacks from being clean, and launching our assault.

The final was pretty epic, was only just lost the first leg, but the second and third were our coming of age. I kept on saving their shots at goal, while launching ours from the defending end. The opponents ended up forfeiting in the final leg as we were too strong :D.

Had a match with someone and we were up 2 - 0.

Opponents score making it 2-1 and the teammate immediately wants to forfeit. I ignore it and keep playing, but the teammate then decides to make it 3 on 1 and scores more goals for the opposition. Mocks me for not saving his goals, I end up saving a few and scoring 2 more. In the last minute of the match the teammate starts playing normally (must have gotten scared of me "reported" talk lol ?). We end up losing 5 - 8, and I mentioned in the chat that if the teammate didn't crack the sads and play properly after their first goal... we probably would have won it!

e0Mg4S1.png

2 v 2 tournament victory just moments ago :D

Battled stiff controls (couldn't turn accurately at key moments) and tough opponents, but got the job done. Almost botched it at the semi final stage (cruise control in leg 1, leg 2 we had a few defending blunders which helped the other team win (even when we almost pinched it back in overtime), but killed them in leg 3.

Won the first final easily (teammate did the scoring lol) but our opponents got off to a flying start in leg 2..... we were down 0 - 2 (and I was already prepping to go to the decider!). But I made a few good moves which resulted in easy open goals. Then we got going. Ended up winning in style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still fighting a battle I can't win - that battle is finding the 1:1 perfect settings for the game while using the PS5's dual sense controller. No matter what I try (high/low sensitivity - deadzone etc) I either get controls that are far too stiff so my movement is restricted. Or it's far too loose and while I can get in the appropriate situation at the time, it'll backfire due to the controller settings being wonky.

I can get it near perfect, but then it feels like I'm power drifting (over skidding everywhere) without actually holding the power slide button on occasion. It's just so crazy wild.

And then I have the camera settings set universally (pretty much same camera viewpoint on every platform) but on the Playstation sometimes the view is off, so when I go for the ball - I misjudge it and either jump too high for a lower ball, or jump too low when the ball is coming slightly higher. And don't get me started on racing for the ball, thinking I'm lined up perfectly.... but to my embarrassment I'll fly past it on either the left or the right side. I just don't get how results can vary so wildly between console versions.

Add to it that the two dual sense controllers produce wildly different results (more than just the deadzone with stick drift lol)

Living in bizarro world

FJK3vpA.png

2 v 2 tournament where I'm carrying my teammate AND actually on top of the goal scorer leaderboard!!!!
Won't win the tournament (awaiting the result of the other semi final that's deep in the third leg at present).

Most opening round matches in the tournaments I've been in this week have been whitewashes - and I've scored 4-5-7 goals in each of them!

3e9CEaW.png

Well we won - had to do 3 legs to get the result. First match seeing the banners of the opposition I thought we were screwed and said as much in the chat. We jumped ahead 2 - 0, but they caught up in the last 2 minutes and ended up winning 4 - 2. We got out of jail in both the second and deciding legs, had a 1 - 0 lead for most of the second leg but they evened it up. But we luckily scored toward the end to win. Deciding leg was toe to toe, we fell behind, with 90 seconds left... Caught up, and scored the match winner with 15 seconds left on the clock. They pressed forward, I smacked the ball along the wall toward our forward half as the timer hit 0. CHAMPIONS YOU BEAUTY!

Last edited:
q7xVplX.png

Played in a hoops tournament, and as a team we were getting abused by the person in the screenshot. We scored for the first time a few seconds into the match and copped "lucky" commentary.... but then we kept scoring and the player continued to lose the plot, lots of abuse came our way.

We responded with what a saves and other quick chat commentary. I missed getting the screenshot just as the game was about to end and we scored again lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back