Rodan!!!!!!!111

Remove this Banner Ad

As its the season for it...

BAH! HUMBUG!

May need a visit form the "ghost of premierships future".

Would be eerie to find out that Lonie will kick the winning goal after a tough tackle on the defensive 50 and resultant dash down the wing with seconds to go :)

May need a visit form the "ghost of premierships future".

Would be eerie to find out that Lonie will kick the winning goal after a tough tackle on the defensive 50 and resultant dash down the wing with seconds to go :)
To tell the truth I'm pretty "glass is half-empty" myself, when it comes to Lonie.

Thats better than most people, who I think are "Where's the ********ing glass????" about him.

I hope Rodan does well at Port. Actually, I hope he stars. Like the kid a lot. A few points on him from my point of view. Take em or leave em:

1: 100% enthusiastic. I don't think I've ever seen a kid who is more enthusiastic. You'll get absolutely 100% out of him. He won't leave anything in the tank. If he fails, it won't be through lack of trying. You have to admire that regardless.
2: Despite appearing to be quick, he's not. He might be quick over the first 10m or so but after that, his little legs just run out of steam.
2: doesn't win enough of the ball. Just doesn't rack up possessions, and while there are plenty of junk players out there who get behind the ball and get 25 possessions, Rodan struggles to get 12 possessions.
3: Can kick goals. He's not a bad crumbing goalkicker when on song. Have seen him kick some really good goals while pinch hitting up forward, but unfortunately just did do enough in the midfield.
4: Lacks basic footy smarts. Should be taught (and I suspect they tried) to offload the ball quickly, but often hung onto it too long and then was forced to run and sidestep and was often caught or disposed of the ball poorly due to putting himself under too much pressure. I don't think it's something you can teach. You either have it or you don't. I just don't think he's a smart footballer at AFL level.
5: Has struggled to cement a position. Because of his lack of height (and he is very, very short) he struggled to compete up forward. Lack of rebounding skills meant he was never even considered as a back flanker, and he doesn't win enough of the ball to be truly effective in the midfield. I'm all for giving footballers a go (as opposed to the athletes they draft nowadays to turn into footballers), but I'm afraid Rodan is neither a true footballer nor a true athlete (due mainly to his lack of height).

Just my opinion guys. As I said, I hope he turns it around and kicks dirt in our face. He's one ex-Tiger I'd love to see prove us wrong, although deep down I think we made the right call by letting him go.

I hope Rodan does well at Port. Actually, I hope he stars. Like the kid a lot. A few points on him from my point of view. Take em or leave em:

1: 100% enthusiastic. I don't think I've ever seen a kid who is more enthusiastic. You'll get absolutely 100% out of him. He won't leave anything in the tank. If he fails, it won't be through lack of trying. You have to admire that regardless.
2: Despite appearing to be quick, he's not. He might be quick over the first 10m or so but after that, his little legs just run out of steam.
2: doesn't win enough of the ball. Just doesn't rack up possessions, and while there are plenty of junk players out there who get behind the ball and get 25 possessions, Rodan struggles to get 12 possessions.
3: Can kick goals. He's not a bad crumbing goalkicker when on song. Have seen him kick some really good goals while pinch hitting up forward, but unfortunately just did do enough in the midfield.
4: Lacks basic footy smarts. Should be taught (and I suspect they tried) to offload the ball quickly, but often hung onto it too long and then was forced to run and sidestep and was often caught or disposed of the ball poorly due to putting himself under too much pressure. I don't think it's something you can teach. You either have it or you don't. I just don't think he's a smart footballer at AFL level.
5: Has struggled to cement a position. Because of his lack of height (and he is very, very short) he struggled to compete up forward. Lack of rebounding skills meant he was never even considered as a back flanker, and he doesn't win enough of the ball to be truly effective in the midfield. I'm all for giving footballers a go (as opposed to the athletes they draft nowadays to turn into footballers), but I'm afraid Rodan is neither a true footballer nor a true athlete (due mainly to his lack of height).

Just my opinion guys. As I said, I hope he turns it around and kicks dirt in our face. He's one ex-Tiger I'd love to see prove us wrong, although deep down I think we made the right call by letting him go.

Rodan was my favourite richmond player and Im stoked that he's now a port boy. I got the impression that richmond supporters expected a bit too much from him. I reckon he is a little gun and i hope he proves all of the doubters wrong. It should be great to see pearce, burgoyne/ burgoyne linking up with rodan through the centre. Should give us a bloody exciting midfield when it fires.
The draft is always a lottery but i have faith in chocco and co, somehow I think they might know a bit more about footy than I/ BF posters do.

If Rodan was slow before, just how slow will he be now that he's bulked up? He'll be lucky to move faster than treacle.

Now this is the rodan you can hang your hat on for reliability.
rodan.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on numbers... I think Lower should move down to 10 (the number he wore for Norwood) and give Robbie Gray 26 (the number he wore in the grand final). Surjan should take 4.

When are the draftees from vic supposed to arrive at Alberton? theres been no interview with our new draftees yet

They arrived yesterday (saw about 5 seconds on channel 9)..... there are no interviews yet because we are from Alberton as opposed to West Lakes.... hell not even a mention in the paper today.

Rodan can potentially be a very good player but odds are against him. I wouldnt be complaining about the pick becuase if he turns out good all of the negative poeple will jump on the d-rod bandwagon.

They arrived yesterday (saw about 5 seconds on channel 9)..... there are no interviews yet because we are from Alberton as opposed to West Lakes.... hell not even a mention in the paper today.

No updates on our website as well :confused: .Thats pathetic, the supporters are eagerly awaiting for the new draftee interviews...they should know that.

Interesting that Rodan's received more free kicks in 24 Port games than he did in 65 Richmond games. Speaks volumes about his improved endeavour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rodan!!!!!!!111

Remove this Banner Ad

Back