Rohan Bail

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a feeling Bail could do well under Roos, probably our best two way runner.

Same.

Him and Nicho are 2 of the hardest workers and tough at it.

Both aren't great kicks and obviously can't have too many of those types in the team but they were always going to be a chance with their two way running.

Bail was promising before he kept being concussed on the field so it's good to see him string some games together.

The true genius of Roos will be tested with Strauss, Blease and Tapscott. They arguable will have more impact then players like Bail, Nicho, MJones etc but just aren't up to scratch. I'm not sure if Roos can turn these boys around.

Players like Trengove, Toumpas, Kent. I'm just glad Roos is coach cause they can go both ways.

It's so hard to know how to judge some of these players after what they've been through. Bailey seemed to do well with some and not so well with others but as a team they rarely gelled. Remember Bail combining with Petterd to nearly win us the game against Collingwood many years ago? He showed his potential then but as with so many went backwards under Neeld. I don't know if Neeld overworked them and left them physical wrecks or just sapped any ounce of confidence they had in themselves but he destroyed careers.

I think it will take until the end of next year with Roos at the helm before we can judge some of our middle tier players.

But I'm so happy Bail is showing something. Working hard and has the fire back in the belly. The desire. The belief. Roos has transformed this team.

He really just looks worse and worse in hindsight. Incredible.

Yeh most coaches look better in hindsight as people remember some of the good things that happened, but the only good thing Neeld did was have his say in a couple of good trades. Everything on the field was a nightmare, it would've been pretty hard for us to get worse and have Neeld in a better light.

I had a thread merged which told me about this cesspool.

I am so excited for Bail to **** off.
haha

I am currently going through player threads which already exist on the main board and merging them as a way of cleaning up the board and having standard player threads. So far I've merged about 6 different Bail threads. Once I've finished I will unsticky this.

Apologies Striker475 I should have unticked the "notify thread creator" option.

You guys will notice different player threads being stickied here and there and then mysteriously dissappearing. That's just me doing housekeeping.

Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Brett Voss?

Just wanted to highlight Dez! ruining another promising career before it had even started.

Just wanted to highlight Dez! ruining another promising career before it had even started.
It's a piss funny thread if you read the whole things. Pretty much a 7 year patchwork of venting and praise.

A true testament to all the bipolar threads and universal inability of our board to use the search function. :D

It's a piss funny thread if you read the whole things. Pretty much a 7 year patchwork of venting and praise.

A true testament to all the bipolar threads and universal inability of our board to use the search function. :D

I think its an unwritten law that you don't dredge up old posts on players when they were starting out. All those excited moments discussing Gysberts, Blease, Tapscott, Strauss, Sylvia, etc... we've all got skeletons in the closet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its an unwritten law that you don't dredge up old posts on players when they were starting out. All those excited moments discussing Gysberts, Blease, Tapscott, Strauss, Sylvia, etc... we've all got skeletons in the closet.
Yeah, I realise that mate but we want to get an idea of how many player threads already exist on the main board before making any big decisions regarding the 'change rooms'.

I'll do my best to work on the rest in the background so that they don't get bumped on the main board.

If anyone didn't know, you only have to click on a prefix for the system to list all threads with the same prefix. If you click on any "Player Watch" prefix you'll see how many threads we've consolidated to date.

Can't believe Bail has been on the senior list this long for so little improvement at AFL level.

Yeah, I realise that mate but we want to get an idea of how many player threads already exist on the main board before making any big decisions regarding the 'change rooms'.

Wasn't referring to what you're doing, just in general to the fact that we could very easily roll out many, many 'I Told You So's if we wanted by doing a bit of archeology.

I'm not worried though; I've never been wrong and I'm not about to start now.

Wasn't referring to what you're doing, just in general to the fact that we could very easily roll out many, many 'I Told You So's if we wanted by doing a bit of archeology.

I'm not worried though; I've never been wrong and I'm not about to start now.
I get where you're coming from, will do my best to keep it in the background.

I will enjoy it, my negativity over the passed 10 years regarding players on this board will make me look like complete genius i figure.

Oh, the quotes and likes from posts 5+ year ill be making when i have some time on my hands, this goina be fun!

I get where you're coming from, will do my best to keep it in the background.

Do you? Thought I was saying what I said had nothing to do with what you're doing?

You guys are weird.
ray-and-ken.jpg

The thread isn't really all that bad actually, not as bad as I might have expected anyway. A thread like Lucas Cook or Jordan Gysberts, now that'd be cringeworthy.

In reality, we picked Bail up at no. 64 and he's played 70 odd games, so not a bad return really. He's limited but has generally done what has been asked for him under Roos. I'd like to see some other no. 64 picks and see what they've managed (in b4 Taylor Walker was taken at 74 etc)

A thread like Lucas Cook or Jordan Gysberts, now that'd be cringeworthy.

Not sure there'd be much in the Lucas Cook thread. Wasn't here long and was barely sighted while he was.

The Gysberts thread on the other hand would be a fair old rollercoaster ride. I remember being miffed that we'd traded him to Norf for Pedersen and downgraded picks in the process. No midfielders, given up a 21 year old first round pick for a 25 year old honest toiler and fringe player. Probably ended up being the best bit of business done during Neeld's reign.

I'm sure you could find people who were talking about how cook and watts were our FF CHF combo for the next decade

That's why I hate people talking about future teams because it always includes kids who haven't proved anything yet
Yeah which is why I can't quite understand when people say Petracca is in our best 22 at the moment

Yeah which is why I can't quite understand when people say Petracca is in our best 22 at the moment

He's not in our best 22 at the moment, but give him a couple of games next year and he probably will be. Only needs to be in the same ballpark in terms of ability as Brayshaw and he can surely get a game ahead of Bail, M.Jones, Toumpas, etc.

He's not in our best 22 at the moment, but give him a couple of games next year and he probably will be. Only needs to be in the same ballpark in terms of ability as Brayshaw and he can surely get a game ahead of Bail, M.Jones, Toumpas, etc.
Yep and I'll be happy to include him when he does but he hasn't yet so I won't right now. Just to play the other side, he only has to be in the same ball park (even though he looks way better) as the host of other picks we've stuffed up for him not to be best 22. Forgive me if I want to see it first before jumping the gun. If supporting this club has taught me anything, it is just that

Remove this Banner Ad

Rohan Bail

Remove this Banner Ad

Back