lockheed

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2005
Night Vale
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Are there any North Melbourne supporters in Canberra? And do you know any good venues that regularly show some matches? Thought that it might be 'fun' to meet up with some other North supporters to cheer our team on.

Are there any North Melbourne supporters in Canberra? And do you know any good venues that regularly show some matches? Thought that it might be 'fun' to meet up with some other North supporters to cheer our team on.
Yea, I’m in central south area. I typically watch at home, but otherwise the Kingston hotel is a nice pub, albeit busy at times.

Yes, I'm a Canberran, living in the southern suburbs. I'm a non-drinker and haven't been to a pub since the days Hawke was our PM, and since my wife passed away and our daughter got married and moved interstate, I've grown to enjoy watching the game at home by myself where I can yell and scream at the TV as much as I like without offending a soul. So, I'm one of the miserable campaigners who isn't a lot of fun. ;)

Ok, so we're a bunch of old farts, myself included.

And it seems that there isn't any interest in our meeting up together occasionally, if only to compare our insults of opposing players, umpires etc.

Thanks for the pr0n and fireworks, still the best banner I've seen at the footy.

Can imagine the uproar if our cheer squad stepped out with that (presumably approved from higher up) nowadays.

Yes, I'm a Canberran, living in the southern suburbs. I'm a non-drinker and haven't been to a pub since the days Hawke was our PM, and since my wife passed away and our daughter got married and moved interstate, I've grown to enjoy watching the game at home by myself where I can yell and scream at the TV as much as I like without offending a soul. So, I'm one of the miserable campaigners who isn't a lot of fun. ;)
446029.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had some fun times watching the Roos at Manuka back in the day. Always a good laugh on the wing near the bar. Still got my Roo Bar stubby holder.

As much s**t as it cops, I always enjoyed my footy trips there.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Some good memories there. Winston Abraham's mark ...

My Grandmother and extended family live in Canberra, mainly around the Weston Creek area. But they're Scots, who don't follow footy.

Had a mutual "Go Roos" in Coolemon Court once, with a bloke who noticed my member's cap.

I'm in Canberra and it'd seem I am one of Hopper10's son's mates on the information provided. How's the trip going, old boy?

I don't really watch in a public space anymore. Haven't made it past half time even at home the last couple of weeks!

Any of the Southern Cross Clubs are a good spot to watch, especially if our game starts around 4. They do a 50% happy hour between 4 and 530.

I don't drink and I can't remember when I last watched our team in a public space. I still think it would be nice to have an occasional get together, so I'm happy to organise something, but it doesn't seem that there's much interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Roo supporters in Canberra?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back