Rookie List

Remove this Banner Ad

This is on topic. Just because the hack we're discussing isn't one of the hacks you want, doesn't mean it's not on topic.

Let's face it, there's not one player in this thread worth contemplating.

Why do you say that BtG??

not alot of quality late in the draft/rookie!

pretty sure a few of these kids could get another go at another club.

Why do you say that BtG??

not alot of quality late in the draft/rookie!

pretty sure a few of these kids could get another go at another club.

A ruckman delisted from Fooscray or Richmond?

Kids delisted from rebuilding sides?

They aren't good enough for them, so there's no chance they're good enough for us.

A ruckman delisted from Fooscray or Richmond?

Kids delisted from rebuilding sides?

They aren't good enough for them, so there's no chance they're good enough for us.

If you have a loo at some of them more closely, they are actually quite good players, I am not saying lets go for a 23 year old forward from Richmond (Cleve Hughes), or a 20 year old injury prone ruckmen from Brisbane (Joel Tippet), but actually some of the kids that have shown something, the O'Keefe boys actually appeal to me, Guy in particular has shown something at VFL level and was apparently unlucky not to get a call up to the senior side that finished third foro the second year running.

If they were "quite good players" they wouldn't have been delisted. Especially not from shit clubs like Sydney, Richmond or Footscray when talking about talls.

If we can't find better players than Guy O'Keefe, even at the bottom of a shallow rookie draft, then we should sack the recruiters.

If they were "quite good players" they wouldn't have been delisted. Especially not from shit clubs like Sydney, Richmond or Footscray when talking about talls.

If we can't find better players than Guy O'Keefe, even at the bottom of a shallow rookie draft, then we should sack the recruiters.

A team that finished third, for the second year running :confused:

interesting.

Just an interesting stat on the player in question (Guy O'Keefe)

He kicked 24 goals in 20 games, playing as an inside midfielder.
He was named in the best in 12 of those games, and totalled 44 votes (presuming it was 5,4,3,2,1). If the votes were to be awarded via the VFL webiste, O'Keefe would of finished in the top 10 in the league B&F.

So you are trying to tell me, that someone who has been playing pretty decent footy at the next best level to AFL, who has not been able to break into one of the better midfields in the AFL, and is still a kid (20 y.o) is no good.

With all this banter about this draft being weak, with no depth, I would certainly cross the thought of picking up G.O'Keefe.

Im not the recruiter, that is my opinion though, nothing more nothing less.

So you are trying to tell me, that someone who has been playing pretty decent footy at the next best level to AFL, who has not been able to break into one of the better midfields in the AFL, and is still a kid (20 y.o) is no good.

If he was as promising as that, he wouldn't have been delisted at 20.

He wasn't delisted for nothing, and he was delisted by the people who know his ability and personality best.

From what you've described, it's another Hislop.

Hislop was a flog who showed nothing at either senior level nor at reserves level.

He was hard at it, but it can only get you so far, as well as his not so publicised off field indiscretions he was thus shown the door (to richmond).

I am going to dig up some more info on O'Keefe. I will get back to you on this one BtG.

It has been good in discussions with someone who actually knows something about Football

:thumbsu:

Time to ask Ant the usual question:

Dean Dick. You say he's talented enough; if he's now dedicated enough, would the club re-rookie him, or would his ties be cut completely?

We wont look at him as he bolted from Melbourne as quick as he could (well before the end of the season) and from what i know he never really liked it over here that much.
Good luck to those interested but i suspect he may be suited to a rookie spot on one of the WA sides lists. His WAFL form this years was better than what he did in the VFL but it was still patchy with a lot of minimal possession games.
The other thing he has to get over is injuries , he was more fragile than Gumby when he was with us.

Dan O'keefe....has been injured then found it hard to get back into the groove last season.....worth a shot I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hislop was a flog who showed nothing at either senior level nor at reserves level.

He was hard at it, but it can only get you so far, as well as his not so publicised off field indiscretions he was thus shown the door (to richmond).

I am going to dig up some more info on O'Keefe. I will get back to you on this one BtG.

It has been good in discussions with someone who actually knows something about Football

:thumbsu:

Hislop was a reasonably, but not overly, talented player - in saying that I mean that he had the tools to become a pretty good inside midfielder.

His only problem was attitude.

If O'Keefe is as good as you say he is (and I haven't seen him play), yet he's been delisted, then there's a good chance that there's a Hislop-esque attitude problem.

Either way, I don't want a bar of him.

Hislop was a reasonably, but not overly, talented player - in saying that I mean that he had the tools to become a pretty good inside midfielder.

His only problem was attitude.

If O'Keefe is as good as you say he is (and I haven't seen him play), yet he's been delisted, then there's a good chance that there's a Hislop-esque attitude problem.

Either way, I don't want a bar of him.

Ben

I have been looking at some stories from the Bulldogs forum, and it seems like a similar case to that of Hislop, although O'Keefe can play the game.

Some attitude issues that Rodney Eade did not like, and thus did not get along with the coach.

Some of the more respectable footy people over there (The Coon Dog) were not impressed by his training ethics and his desire to take his game to the next level.

O'Keefe also copped some criticism for not covering enough ground when he was playing on ball. He seemed to lack some fitness also, and Dogs supporters often criticised him for not being able to run out VFL games, let along AFL games, and this reason, with probably alot more factors involved left him stranded without an AFL game next to his name.

Apart from that, I think that we could get his off filed attitudes in check, take him with a rookie pick, that way, we have him for the one year, if he improves his off field image, then we may be able to keep him on, if not, we then have the option of delisting him.

Thoughts on this now Ben The Gooner ??

He wasn't delisted for nothing, and he was delisted by the people who know his ability and personality best.

From what you've described, it's another Hislop.

HFF does watch a bit of VFL footy so does have some credits when discussing VFL players.

Dont go too soon in writing off players !

Where was matthew Boyd recruited

Frankston Seconds - he was only selected in one senior game.

We wont look at him as he bolted from Melbourne as quick as he could (well before the end of the season) and from what i know he never really liked it over here that much.
Good luck to those interested but i suspect he may be suited to a rookie spot on one of the WA sides lists. His WAFL form this years was better than what he did in the VFL but it was still patchy with a lot of minimal possession games.
The other thing he has to get over is injuries , he was more fragile than Gumby when he was with us.

Read a report from a newspaper in WA quoting Dick's weight as 100kg.

He must have built himself up in the last 12 months.

Is Dick's car still in the car park at Windy Hill ?

what is the deal with tom german?
was he not playing some really good vfl footy at stages last year?... is he any chance at being re-rookied?

Read a report from a newspaper in WA quoting Dick's weight as 100kg.

He must have built himself up in the last 12 months.

Is Dick's car still in the car park at Windy Hill ?

lol it is gone now but it was still there until around April :D

lol it is gone now but it was still there until around April :D

I blamed Hickmott for the car.

He gave him a bake during the Franston vs Bendigo game last year and three days later he was back in WA.:eek:

O'Keefe isn't worth the punt. Knights would never go near anyone with a attitude. Look what happened with Hislop and even Lovett. He might be able to turn it around, he might not but Essendon would never go near him.

Hooper can't be rookie listed can he? Hasn't he played too much football to be rookie listed?

Hooper can't be rookie listed can he? Hasn't he played too much football to be rookie listed?
They've changed the rules regarding rookie lists this year. For example Richmond are able to rookie list Graham Polak.

Don't know the intricate details, however.

They've changed the rules regarding rookie lists this year. For example Richmond are able to rookie list Graham Polak.

Don't know the intricate details, however.

Did they do this ever since we put Rama on our rookie list?

So this means we could pick up a player like Goose or Hooper on our Rookie list rather than using a pick in the PSD? I think we are out of picks anyway so it would have to be that way or the NAB draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back