Roos confirm Gibson will be traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Great approach by Scott. No-one will die wondering with him it would seem.

I have resisted bagging Gibson until now. Clearly he does not want to play with our great club. Clearly then he is an a*******.

Good riddance; as Scott said we only want people who are desperate to play in the Royal Blue and White.

I think this trade with Gibbo is really important for the club's position and image in the AFL. North should go for Hawthorn's Round 1 and Round 3 draft picks, Gibbo (in my view) is worth more than a two and three.
In exchange they get Gibbo who is a.....

1. Consistent Senior Performer.
2. Person of Extreme Fitness.
3. Resliant running defender Injury Free!!
4. Promising Leader after only 65 games.
5. Great Kick.
6. Player not needing much more development.
7. Media Master, great public speaker and a metro-suit man.

I hope they really take a strong stance with Hawthorn even if we do end up with two and three. I think they will with Brad Scott at the helm, doesn't look like he will let much slip past him!

I dunno, what do the rest of you think?

Yep. Very young too (only 25) and will shore up the Hawks defence for the next 5+ years. Has come on in leaps and bounds this season, and will progress into an even better player as he nears his peak.

Excellent media performer, and will give great exposure to the Hawks imo.

For what the Hawks are getting, Pick 25 is a bargian. Pick 42 is like trading pick 75 in such a weak draft, just window dressing.

Some serious undervaluing of Gibbo going on here tbqh.

I think this trade with Gibbo is really important for the club's position and image in the AFL. North should go for Hawthorn's Round 1 and Round 3 draft picks, Gibbo (in my view) is worth more than a two and three.
In exchange they get Gibbo who is a.....

1. Consistent Senior Performer.
2. Person of Extreme Fitness.
3. Resliant running defender Injury Free!!
4. Promising Leader after only 65 games.
5. Great Kick.
6. Player not needing much more development.
7. Media Master, great public speaker and a metro-suit man.

I hope they really take a strong stance with Hawthorn even if we do end up with two and three. I think they will with Brad Scott at the helm, doesn't look like he will let much slip past him!

I dunno, what do the rest of you think?

We were never going to get 9, not unless we gave up lesser picks but when Burgoyne came into the picture we had no realistic means to leverage for that pick, they need that pick for his trade, that and a whole lot more.

I think 25+41 might be okay for both of us if we can score something, an ideal is if we get two kids that can play out of it. If we are going to take 6 guys in the draft then I rather it be pick 5, 2x second round, 2x third round and a 4th round, and maybe we can get the fourth round upgraded to a 3rd round with Harris possibly. That would be 6 picks within the first 3 rounds, that would be a huge win because I don't think we want to go deeper than 3rd round.

Yep. Very young too (only 25) and will shore up the Hawks defence for the next 5+ years. Has come on in leaps and bounds this season, and will progress into an even better player as he nears his peak.

Excellent media performer, and will give great exposure to the Hawks imo.

For what the Hawks are getting, Pick 25 is a bargian. Pick 42 is like trading pick 75 in such a weak draft, just window dressing.

Some serious undervaluing of Gibbo going on here tbqh.

I agree.
Although a fellow North Supporter made the observation, that once you tell a player to go you pretty much have to take what is offered.

Roosurgence said:
If you say you are going to get rid of a bloke, it pretty much signals your intentions that we will ake the best offer we can.

I agree.
Although a fellow North Supporter made the observation, that once you tell a player to go you pretty much have to take what is offered.

Not really. We can say go to hell in the draft and end up in Adelaide, Sydney, Perth possibly.

My guess is Hawks and North agreed to something in principal and it will be done fairly early next week.

Not really. We can say go to hell in the draft and end up in Adelaide, Sydney, Perth possibly.

My guess is Hawks and North agreed to something in principal and it will be done fairly early next week.

Yep,

I think you are right, I am almost certain the deal is done. What will be of interest is whether it is 25 and 41 alone or whether the Hawks get your 3rd round pick. I think 25 and 57 would be too much for the hawks to hope for.

Yep,

I think you are right, I am almost certain the deal is done. What will be of interest is whether it is 25 and 41 alone or whether the Hawks get your 3rd round pick. I think 25 and 57 would be too much for the hawks to hope for.

I doubt we'll add anything with Gibbo. 25 and 41 is fair.

Pick 9 would only ever have hapened if we added our second rounder to the mix. But you need pick 9 for Burgoyne.

That said, there's still a long, long way to go on this - so many new elements coming into play like now Cwood in market for Jolly.

I hope that JWS was also asked the same question by Scott..

Had a quick chat to JWS tonight. He's in good spirits, looking like Adonis, and is desperate to get back out there in the Royal Blue and White. He's doing everything possible to assist him to have an injury free preseason.

Keep the faith!

Had a quick chat to JWS tonight. He's in good spirits, looking like Adonis, and is desperate to get back out there in the Royal Blue and White. He's doing everything possible to assist him to have an injury free preseason.

Keep the faith!

Does that mean all the JWS haters can now shutup and remind themselves not to believe a word of what comes out of Hutchy's mouth?

Does that mean all the JWS haters can now shutup and remind themselves not to believe a word of what comes out of Hutchy's mouth?

It wouldn't be BF if we didn't have a bunch of posters typing up stuff filled with presumptions, based on sweet FA fact, so no DR...........unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep the faith!

Nah, but I heard he was seen at Olympic Drive just like Ben Cousins, The Rock and Mr Bean have been in the past, so I'm certain he'll be a Pie next year. :thumbsu:

Nah, but I heard he was seen at Olympic Drive just like Ben Cousins, The Rock and Mr Bean have been in the past, so I'm certain he'll be a Pie next year. :thumbsu:

Yeah, I heard that too. He was wearing Joffa's gold jacket and sporting B & W face paint as well!

Has he signed with North then?

He didn't say and I didn't ask mick. Not one thing about his demeanor said "Well, this is my last function for this mob!" He was alot chirpier than I've seen him for a long while.

He didn't say and I didn't ask mick. Not one thing about his demeanor said "Well, this is my last function for this mob!" He was alot chirpier than I've seen him for a long while.

The fact that he wasn't banned from attending the B&F suggests he is not going anywhere.;)

Keep the faith!

I was in 'good spirits' last Saturday night and was more than convinced that could take a spot on the North list with a decent pre-season under my belt.

I'm gonna tell yah clowns somefing. If we use pick 69 as part of the Gibson trade in order to get higher draft picks then I'm tearing up my memberships eventhough they are made of plastic and cutting them would be easier.:thumbsdown:

Yep,

Quote from Brad Scott.

“So on that note, I asked another player whether he desperately wanted to be part of North Melbourne next year, and Josh Gibson answered ‘no’,” Scott said.

“So on Monday morning we will trade him out of the club, we will move him out and we will get two young players who desperately want to play here.

I think your answer lies in the bolded part.

We have to get 25 + 41. Throw in Harris if we have to. It would be good for Harris too as not only would he could remain a listed AFL player he would be going to a successful club.

Why would we need Harris? We already have enough inside mids. So much so that McGlynn and Kennedy are looking at offers elsewhere.

I take it all you guys who are slagging off Gibson for wanting to move to another club are well aware that Scott did the same thing while at Hawthorn.

Why would we need Harris? We already have enough inside mids. So much so that McGlynn and Kennedy are looking at offers elsewhere.

I take it all you guys who are slagging off Gibson for wanting to move to another club are well aware that Scott did the same thing while at Hawthorn.

I'm assuming Scott didn't bullshit about his reasons for wanting to go to another club. And might I add, that avatar image of yours looks kind of disturbing. Anyone else detect a pedo vibe about it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos confirm Gibson will be traded

Remove this Banner Ad

Back