Roos Goal of the Year 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

For enjoyment factor, those 2 match winning goals and the 3rd one would've been against Richmond when Archer sprinted his guts out and launched himself kamikaze style to force a spillage and Harris (I think) mop up the crumbs and goal.

Gasometer said:
Skull Makepeace's Canberra goal against Power to win the game.

Other's?

Gaso

I like that one too Gaso.

I also liked that goal where Skull played on from a kick in, passed to Harro who kicked to Grant(?) who goaled. Took all of twenty seconds from start to finish. Sorry memory's a bit foggy this morning- can't remember the game.

I'll go with Makepeace against Port - the circumstances of the game help but also it was a damn good goal. Two or three bounces, dodge round an opponent, slam it through from just outside 50. Good stuff. Second would be Corey Jones's kick up and down while sitting on his bum, getting up and gathering his own kick and then snapping over his head against Adelaide.

The best mark was Rocca's one handed speccy against Carlton in Round 1. Can't think of too many others.

Archer's burst through the middle and goal from just inside 50 against the Wobblers in Rd 4, brushed aside a tackler like he was swatting a particularly annoying fly. :cool: Not sure whether it was the first or second he kicked for the night, but both of them got us back on level terms after the Wobbles kicked the first 2 goals of the match.

I'd go for the Makepeace goal. The fact that he's typically a defender (who'd probably miss a set shot from 40) and he pulled that off at a critical time under enourmous pressure was just fantastic.

DEFnitaley Arch. Watch that man ! White Light White Heat cutting thru the centre square and I agree with you said Hippie, it was DYNAMITE !!

Thought we had a few other gems including Shagga's gems from the set shot in the last quarter vs StK (R3), Turtle's 1st goal bomb vs Ess and Wellsy's streaming burst in the first game vs Carlton that left Kouta in his dust.
Thommo's boundary line shots from 30-40 out were magnificent also.

Who kicked the biggest bag of the season ?

Makepeace's goal for mine, although as a Rocca fan, anything he bombed from outside 50 makes the list for me.

...also, am I dreaming, or did somebody bomb one from near the centre circle this year (might have been an opposition player)

Archer's goal against The Pies was my personal favourite for the year.

However , Harros goal against Richmond after Archer's efforts again rates highly.

1997LeadGoalKicker said:
...also, am I dreaming, or did somebody bomb one from near the centre circle this year (might have been an opposition player)

Fletcher kicked it from the goal square to just over half way against us. Is that what you mean?

My favourite goal was Thommo's goal against the Pies. Couldn't help but laugh at his celebration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest Bags for the Year: 5 goals.
Nathan Thompson v Bris, Ess, Rich, WCE.
Sav Rocca v Carlton.
Corey Jones v Port Adelaide.

My favourite goal of the year was Brady Rawlings dash after the handball from wellsy streaming through the centre and kicking truly from 40m against the Crows at the Dome to get us within a kick. Loudest. Roar. Ever.

My favourite mark. Well i have two of them.
Sav Rocca v Carlton Rd 1.
Sav Roccs v Port Adel, EF.
Awesome.

Thommo vs West Coast, the one off the ground.

Neither he or his opponent could be stuffed bending down to pick it up. so Thommo just threw his leg at it and it bounced its way through! :)

Sav's 700th career goal Vs Port Adelaide at AAMI whilst not all that spectacular , it was good to see him kick his 700th. :thumbsu:

Andyroo said:
Fletcher kicked it from the goal square to just over half way against us. Is that what you mean?

Andyroo......that was the one. Thanks for the reminder (having a child mid year has dried up a whole swag of brain cells)

Remove this Banner Ad

Roos Goal of the Year 2005

Remove this Banner Ad

Back