Nostradamus Lives Ross Lyon Sexual Harassment

Remove this Banner Ad

On a serious note, I have no problem with a NDA being reached as it means both parties are happy to sign off, end of.

If and it's a massive if, there was any form of sexual assault, then the media are duty bound to release the facts, and RTB can pack his bags

Personally I think the truth is somewhere between a lewd comment and the woman getting a payout, then not working because she was 2 mths pregnant. Having a few years off then dipping back into the well for some more cashola.

I really don't understand why the media are feeding themselves on other stories rumoured to be true. Gossage is a classic, reporting about what might happen over a story the media in the East is rumoured to be true.

I seriously doubt dirty ol Roscoe has broken the law

edit: someone on our board reckon RTB is resigning, and I don't blame him.

how can she get more money for something thats already been settled?

maybe she genuinely just feels let down by the whole process and wants some accountability

Think you're clutching at straws there - going by what has been reported/insinuated to date and the amount of the payout there has to be a lot more to this story surely??

Of course I'm clutching at straws, along with everybody else I have NFI what happened

All we are hearing is rumour and innuendo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's freo and the AFL's fault for this story not going away. The fact that they haven't addressed it directly with the media and side stepped all the important questions means the footy public will continue to speculate.

It's freo and the AFL's fault for this story not going away. The fact that they haven't addressed it directly with the media and side stepped all the important questions means the footy public will continue to speculate.
This is true. I am sure they thought the NDA was a good idea at the time but at this point I am beginning to think it may have been better to let the comment come out so everyone could be outraged for a couple of weeks then move on or just sack him outright if warranted.

Moral of the story is, don't get drunk at Christmas parties and mouth off. Once you do it won't go away regardless of how inane or not your comment was.

Gerard did not have a problem. He was just reporting, doing his job.
Clearly, Ha!

Gerard Whately's comments regarding Lyon's conduct when he moved from St Kilda to Fremantle went far beyond doing his job and were vindictive and spiteful.

That is a totally separate issue to what I going on at the moment, but any impartial observer would need to take it into account with any of Whately's comments now.

AFL+Rd+14+Geelong+v+Fremantle+O0qZJV42Tccx.jpg

Gerard Whately's comments regarding Lyon's conduct when he moved from St Kilda to Fremantle went far beyond doing his job and were vindictive and spiteful.

That is a totally separate issue to what I going on at the moment, but any impartial observer would need to take it into account with any of Whately's comments now.

The issues between Whately and Lyon are well known but listening to his comments this morning and they weren't out of order by any means, he made at least 1 telling point.

There are questions to be answered by Freo. Wave the NDA all they want but there is so much speculation, innuendo and frenzy in the public arena that the club really does need to respond in some manner. Sitting back and allowing it to fester the way it has can only hurt the club long term.

If the comments were so slight, then say so. Breaching the NDA isn't going to result in the payout getting any bigger.

The only grounds for allowing this to continue is that letting people know what happened would make things worse. If so, then maybe we've responded poorly over all of this. Trying to ride it out and hopping it goes away is a fools exercise. These things may go off the burner but they never go away

The issues between Whately and Lyon are well known but listening to his comments this morning and they weren't out of order by any means, he made at least 1 telling point.

There are questions to be answered by Freo. Wave the NDA all they want but there is so much speculation, innuendo and frenzy in the public arena that the club really does need to respond in some manner. Sitting back and allowing it to fester the way it has can only hurt the club long term.

If the comments were so slight, then say so. Breaching the NDA isn't going to result in the payout getting any bigger.

The only grounds for allowing this to continue is that letting people know what happened would make things worse. If so, then maybe we've responded poorly over all of this. Trying to ride it out and hopping it goes away is a fools exercise. These things may go off the burner but they never go away

I don't think Whately's comments were out of line this morning. He barely said anything.

An NDA is an NDA. Fremantle cannot suddenly ignore a legal document because the kitchen is getting hot.

I am not saying the whole thing has been handled well, but as nobody knows what happened, we don't know how it should have been handled better.

I don’t want a shitfight but what a joke you are. And what bullshit, you know it’s the other way around. Your lovely boys can do no wrong in the SA media which is absolutely overflowing with Crows ambassadors. If one of your boys had been SPP Seven News Adelaide (News station for the Crows) would have kept mum. Behind the scenes Fagan and chapman threaten Rucci and anyone else who would even try to put a negative slant on your lovely boys and club.

I really really really don’t know it’s the other way around. You’re the joke. Rucci and Kane say hi.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nostradamus Lives Ross Lyon Sexual Harassment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back