AFLW Autopsy Round 1 • Swans v Saints • Saturday 27 August 2022 • 5:10 PM • North Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are lots to like - Montana Ham, Ally Morphett in the ruck, Brooke Lochland, Lauren Szigeti, Hamilton girls, Aliesha Newman, ....
Ella Heads and Brenna Tarrant.

Last edited:
Saints showed their experience and superior conditioning and were helped by the seriously one eyed umpires. It was as bad as what our men cop.

Despite the loss, plenty for us moving forward.
My two favourites from the night are Chamilton and Morphett. Chamilton is an absolute ripper who plays just like Papley. Morphett very competitive in the ruck and a nice kick. Needs to work on her mobility a little more but I'm sure that will come with more time in the system.

Really hope Montana Ham is ok but it looked nasty. She had some really classy moments today and will be a star in the future.

How good was that!!!

Obviously would've been nice to get the win but to finish with 4 goals was great, and I actually thought the scoreboard should've been closer. Umpires absolutely gifted St Kilda some goals whilst giving us nothing!

Tarrant was the stand out for me. She looked so clean, never fumbled.

Lochland & Szigeti I continually got mixed up. Both are nuggety and seemed to always want to get and go, but Lochland's forward work looked the goods, whilst Szigeti's clearance work around stoppages was impressive.

Morphett monstered her opponent on a number of occasions and looked ultra competitive.

Ham looked every bit the number one pick. Such a shame about her knee, hopefully it's not as bad as it looked.

Great to see Pia Lloyd and Harley Violet Reid at the game wth their Dads and their Swan "uncles".
Awesome crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Autopsy Round 1 • Swans v Saints • Saturday 27 August 2022 • 5:10 PM • North Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back