Discussion Round 1, 2016: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
We're back for another year of discussion and weekly threads due to its continued success. Thanks everyone for participating in the New Jumpers for 2016 megathread over the offseason, it's always enjoyable and the format worked well again. As we have done in the past, this (alongside the NAB Cup thread) will now be locked as it has served its purpose; any new jumpers that pop up during the season are worthy of their own thread using the 'News' prefix.

Those who wish to partake in the FJGD jumper tipping competition can do so here by visiting akkaps' thread. Predictions are still more than welcome ITT if you please (mini kit graphics are here); I'll take on feedback if people think that there are too many graphics or something like that if every second post ends up becoming a prediction post.

Anyway, without further ado, here's the opening fixture:

ROUND 1

Thursday March 24

Richmond v Carlton at MCG (7.20pm)

Saturday March 26

Melbourne v GWS Giants at MCG (1.40pm)

Gold Coast Suns v Essendon at Metricon Stadium (4.35pm)

Sydney Swans v Collingwood at ANZ Stadium (7.25pm)

North Melbourne v Adelaide at Etihad Stadium (7.25pm)

Sunday March 27

Western Bulldogs v Fremantle at Etihad Stadium (1.10pm)

Port Adelaide v St Kilda at Adelaide Oval (3.20pm)

West Coast Eagles v Brisbane Lions at Subiaco Oval (7.40pm)

Monday March 28

Geelong v Hawthorn at MCG (3.20pm)

Have at it.

There are three interesting matchups for me.

Melbourne v GWS

Giants have worn their clash in this matchup for the last few years, but unless I'm mistaken I think we're yet to have confimation of their clash jumper for this season? So will it be revealed this week, or they will go back to home with white shorts?

West Coast v Brisbane Lions

Brisbane haven't played the Eagles in Perth since 2012. They wore the "Melbourne" jumper that day (Paddlepop era), even though they had a white clash at the time. I think its always hard to establish a precendent when a particular matchup hasn't occurred for a few years.

North Melbourne v Adelaide

This has the most interest for me for obvious reasons. We normally wear full home v North in home with white shorts, and the club tweeted as such a few weeks ago. I don't take that as confirmation that we will be wearing that though. I still think there is a chance we will wear gold in this game. If we do, I think it will set the unfortunate precedent of wearing the gold in away matches wear we would normally wear the home (North, Geelong, Sydney), while the white will be used the same as it has previously. This would be very disappointing for me. Hoping for our home jumper here.

There are three interesting matchups for me.

Melbourne v GWS

Giants have worn their clash in this matchup for the last few years, but unless I'm mistaken I think we're yet to have confimation of their clash jumper for this season? So will it be revealed this week, or they will go back to home with white shorts?
Melbourne_Home_zpscfb9005f.png
GWS_Away_zps4148931b.png

I think that if they were going to play in it this week, they may have to relesed it today or tomorrow due to the shortened week. Otherwise the above works perfectly

West Coast v Brisbane Lions

Brisbane haven't played the Eagles in Perth since 2012. They wore the "Melbourne" jumper that day (Paddlepop era), even though they had a white clash at the time. I think its always hard to establish a precendent when a particular matchup hasn't occurred for a few years.
YrUdcWC.png
Brisbane_Special3_zps61275d86.png

If I'm not mistaken, Bribane wear their "Melbourne" jumper against teams from AFL states [Vic, SA, and WA] and leave the clash for Sydney, GWS, and Gold Coast.

North Melbourne v Adelaide

This has the most interest for me for obvious reasons. We normally wear full home v North in home with white shorts, and the club tweeted as such a few weeks ago. I don't take that as confirmation that we will be wearing that though. I still think there is a chance we will wear gold in this game. If we do, I think it will set the unfortunate precedent of wearing the gold in away matches wear we would normally wear the home (North, Geelong, Sydney), while the white will be used the same as it has previously. This would be very disappointing for me. Hoping for our home jumper here.

H7L9nqX.png
213023_ee3443bc09a2cd44095a08cfaed5862f.png

I think I remember reading something about this ^ . Though home jump would be perfect for this match up. The gold jumper should be left for dark jumper team

Hawthorn most likely to go with the Away Guernsey with Brown Shorts, while Geelong will be wearing White Shorts.

Get on board the board tipping competition (regular tipping, not jumper tipping)

Name: Footy Jumpers board
ID: 1302
Password: memes

Enter via this link: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/tipcomps/
You will need to have to already signed up for tipping for the link to work properly.

Get on board the board tipping competition (regular tipping, not jumper tipping)

Name: Footy Jumpers board
ID: 1302
Password: memes

Enter via this link: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/tipcomps/
You will need to have to already signed up for tipping for the link to work properly.
Oh, this is a thing? Well, cheers for making it. IN.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this modern day and age, the old addage that white shorts should signify the away team should be gone. Should be. A dark team such as Carlton or Port wearing white shorts vs North or Geelong shouldn't happen anymore.

Hawthorn in home jumper isn't dark though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Round 1, 2016: Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back