Autopsy Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Mason Wood is the best footballer in the afl, I will not be taking criticisms at this time.

I will preface this by saying thank **** we won how good is winning!

Though the game plan looked flashy our skills and kicking and decision making are still quite shit. Several key players did the opposite of stand up while young players and role players got us over the line.

Special mention to Owens and Wood.

Hope we’re not cooked next week due to the 140% effort every second of this game.

Philippou a good 16 disposal game with a goal. Perfect morale booster and looked confident all of the time. Should build into a very good season. Most other players only ok.

Byrnes and Clark on the eye quite good appearing everywhere and making things happen. Hill improved efforts and physical presence

Steele much worse than usual in terms of tangible impact but still bobbed up for some handy SuperCoach points.

Gresh let him stay forward don’t let him kick inside 50 🤮

Good win though. Go saints

What a ****ing win.

I’d forgotten what it’s like to watch a defensively well drilled team.

With the injuries we’ve suffered, the team had every excuse to turn up its toes with the shit umpiring after the 2nd quarter.

But they ground Freo down and deserved the win.

Fantastic stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We actually won by 5 goals considering the piss-weak gifted goals that went Freo's way by the absolute beta wet-wipe part-time slime that call themselves umpires.

One of the great home and away wins with the injuries we had

What a great effort

I think it was a really good all round team effort, not too many huge stand outs but every One played their role

Definitely the best game Byrne's has played a the club

Wood has been a great story, very good today

Midfield bashed in all day. Crouch, Steele, Clark and Bytel all woth food contested numbers

Thought our back 6 was great. Can't understand why there were people bashing Howard, he was very good today. Wilkie was excellent and Battle solid again

Great debut from Phillipou, Owens was very good and Caminiti did a couple of good things

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 1, 2023: St.Kilda v Fremantle *PHILLIPOU, CAMINITI DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back