Preview Round 1 2023 - v Western Bulldogs, Saturday 18 March, 7:25pm @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worried about the Dogs tall forwards tbh

Tomlinson was towelled up last year by JUH and now they have added Lobb at 207cm

Matchups:
Petty 197cm ---> Lobb 207cm
Tomlinson 194cm ---> JUH 197cm
Lever 194cm ---> Naughton 197cm
McVee 185cm ---> Darcy 208cm

Bruce 199cm and Hannan 189cm on the bench

Worried about the Dogs tall forwards tbh

Tomlinson was towelled up last year by JUH and now they have added Lobb at 207cm

Matchups:
Petty 197cm ---> Lobb 207cm
Tomlinson 194cm ---> JUH 197cm
Lever 194cm ---> Naughton 197cm
McVee 185cm ---> Darcy 208cm

Bruce 199cm and Hannan 189cm on the bench
The lack of understanding of footy here is astounding

oh noes! what will be do, if they bomb it in we are doomed! :eek:

I cant remember the last time a team exposed another for height, as mentioned, it actually backfires 99% of the time
Maybe if this was 1985 and the Dogs had the Hawks midfield delivering it.

Gawn and Grundy is a better forward line than Hawkins and Cameron according to old mate

The only time height works is in one on one's. Something that rarely happens anymore.
Yeah and if that's happening it's because our structure has broken down somewhere else or the Dogs are cheating forward. Either way we've been exposed elsewhere.

Yeah and if that's happening it's because our structure has broken down somewhere else or the Dogs are cheating forward. Either way we've been exposed elsewhere.
If we get crushed in the midfield, their height won't matter a ****ing lick of shit.

Tomlinson did get absolutely torched against JUH last time, but that was a strange game.

First time we gave up 100 pts in how long? Turned into a shoot-out under the lid with little pressure. Not our DNA/method/demonspirit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time a side had even three genuinely dominant tall forwards?

Two and a resting ruck/utility really is the magic combo.

Genuinely cant remember, coz teams never do it anymore.

Midfield pressure has to be on point. If we allow the dogs to bomb it in high then it's going to be a long night without May. Maybe there will be a plan for Gawn to drift back into defence more than usual.

Tomlinson did get absolutely torched against JUH last time, but that was a strange game.

First time we gave up 100 pts in how long? Turned into a shoot-out under the lid with little pressure. Not our DNA/method/demonspirit
That was a weird game, I remember May trying to hit a target on the inside when we were infront which ended up turning over for a goal. It's the one time we needed to just pump it down the line.

Tomo was done more by pace/agility from what I remember anyway. Don't remember JUH beating him for contested marks

I look forward to McVee going to Darcy at the first bounce.

I dont think enough has been made about McVee's debut, extraordinary from how far back hes come to be playing in round 1 2023. Seriously impressive.

Wed have all probably had the likes of Deakyn Smith ahead of him at the end of last year.

I'm keen to see how our midget backline goes tomorrow against the tallest most talented forwardline the game has ever seen. A real challenge..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back