Preview Round 1 2023 - v Western Bulldogs, Saturday 18 March, 7:25pm @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont think enough has been made about McVee's debut, extraordinary from how far back hes come to be playing in round 1 2023. Seriously impressive.

Wed have all probably had the likes of Deakyn Smith ahead of him at the end of last year.
Yeah he was barely noticeable watching Casey last year. Good that he wasn't making any howlers, but also didn't see him do anything to think he'd be debuting this early this year. Hope he goes well.

Pretty relaxed. Happy to see some young guys in the team. Not too worried about their 4 talls, its never really worked before. Would actually be more worried if it was 3 and Weightman. We should pump them in the clearances and on the wings.

Does anyone else just not rate them in the middle anymore? Losing Dunkley and Hunter is a big whack, and they haven’t got the depth of different roles in the squad to provide a really different look it seems.

Does anyone else just not rate them in the middle anymore? Losing Dunkley and Hunter is a big whack, and they haven’t got the depth of different roles in the squad to provide a really different look it seems.

Na they're still very good in there.

Bont, McRae, Smith, Libba and Treloar are still a very strong group and English is probably the 2-4th best ruck in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only fear with this game is that Melbourne returns back to the style of 2022. Which includes getting 30 points up and losing. Even if Melbourne wins but still plays like that I want to reserve the right to melt.

I do rate the bulldogs I do believe they could beat a full strength Melbourne.

My biggest decision is if I buy a bottle of champers to kick the Dee's season off.

Let's go with a sub with speed for when the game slows down

Let's go with a sub who can play multiple positions

Let's go with Melky ✅

Let's go with a sub with speed for when the game slows down

Let's go with a sub who can play multiple positions

Let's go with Melky ✅

At the ground the screens are saying JVR and Khamis are the subs. Which did strike me as a bit odd given I know JVR played for Casey today.

At the ground the screens are saying JVR and Khamis are the subs. Which did strike me as a bit odd given I know JVR played for Casey today.
Probably just the first listed of the emergencies

Not a Melksham fan, but guess it makes sense as a backup in case we need to switch TMac to the backline.

Surely we ain’t losing to a side with Mitch Hannan and Oskar Baker running around.

I hate that you get no pre-game on Kayo for Saturday night games (not on FTA in Sydney). Be lucky to catch the first bounce at this rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back