Game Day Round 1: Brisbane v Adelaide, Hickey Park (Away), Saturday @ 4.10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Our team:

ADELAIDE

B
Dayna Cox - Sarah Allan
HB Angela Foley - Marijana Rajcic - Nicole Campbell
C Renee Forth - Ebony Marinoff - Justin Mules
HF Danielle Ponter - Courtney Gum - Sophie Li
F Stevie-Lee Thompson - Eloise Jones
R Jess Foley - Anne Hatchard - Najwa Allen

I Courtney Cramey - Maddie Newman - Ailish Considine - Chelsea Biddell - Nikki Gore

E Jaimi Tabb - Caitlin Gould

Last edited:
Our team:

ADELAIDE

B:
D.Cox 31 S.Allan 39
HB: A.Foley 3 M.Rajcic 32 N.Campbell 20
C: R.Forth 27 E.Marinoff 10 J.Mules 23
HF: D.Ponter 15 C.Gum 5 S.Li 19
F: S.Thompson 14 E.Jones 2
Foll: J.Foley - C 24 A.Hatchard 33 N.Allen 8
I/C: C.Cramey 22 M.Newman 17 A.Considine 16 C.Biddell 12 N.Gore 7
Emerg: J.Tabb 28 C.Gould 1
Where are they playing?

Home or away?

New players:

Gum - midfielder/forward, experienced, ex-GWS
Allen - tall utility, mautre player, our pick 37 from the draft, soccer background
Biddell - tall key position player (forward mostly), mature player, basketball background
Newman - rebounding defender, described as having a good kick, young
Campbell - pick 46 at the draft, half back, mature layer, soccer background

Compared to Grand Final:

Out: Randall (ACL), Phillips (ACL), Scheer (ACL), Martin (ACL), Varnhagen (knee), McCormick (soccer)
In: Gum, Allen, Campbell, Newman, Biddell, Gore

McKinnon doesn't make the cut. Jess Foley captain

A little surprised they’ve gone Biddell over McKinnon, obviously they see Biddell as a utility and having versatility to fill in as a key forward, key back and in the ruck and played her in all those positions in the trials. It’s a bit rough on McKinnon who was played exclusively in the ruck in the 2 trials and didn’t get a go anywhere else.

A little surprised they’ve gone Biddell over McKinnon, obviously they see Biddell as a utility and having versatility to fill in as a key forward, key back and in the ruck and played her in all those positions in the trials. It’s a bit rough on McKinnon who was played exclusively in the ruck in the 2 trials and didn’t get a go anywhere else.

Using McKinnon in the ruck was strange given we have one of the best rucks in the comp and another returning from ACL. Meanwhile our key position stocks are quite weak

Using McKinnon in the ruck was strange given we have one of the best rucks in the comp and another returning from ACL. Meanwhile our key position stocks are quite weak

And ruck is a position you need a mature body for, said after the first trial you should not play an 18 year old as the starting ruck in any senior league football, it doesn’t do their development as a player any good.

I’ll also go on about this again, McKinnon might of played in the ruck in lower ranks but she never looked comfortable in the actual ruck contests, it’s her marking, ability to read the play and movement around the ground that’s her strong points, just hope they realise this and don’t waste her by pigeonholing her as a ruck especially like you said with Jess Foley and Metcalfe still around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKinnon wasn’t considered due to a sore knee.

With Cramey and Li ruled out and Tabb and Gould to debut it makes it a very young side that coupled with the weather it’s turned what looked a probable win into a real 50-50 contest

McKinnon wasn’t considered due to a sore knee.

With Cramey and Li ruled out and Tabb and Gould to debut it makes it a very young side that coupled with the weather it’s turned what looked a probable win into a real 50-50 contest
Luckily, we've had a bit of a break in the weather this morning and I can even see sun shining! Although they are predicting more rain, let's hope it hold off enough for the ground to dry out a bit.

Rising Star?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Nikki is definitely in the mix, imho.

Also interesting to see that Czenya Cavouras is an emergency (was promoted onto our list this week as an injury replacement). If she plays we will break the AFLW record for both the most doctors in one team (two) plus the most Czenyas (one).

Last edited:
Nikki is definitely in the mix, imho.

Also interesting to see that Czenya Cavouras is an emergency (was promoted onto our list this week as an injury replacement). If she plays we will break the AFLW record for both the most doctors in one team (two) plus the most Czenyas (one).
With a vet as coach too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm pretty bullish on Biddle, if she gets a few games I'm positive she'll play well. She really is a strong marking target and I see her role primarily as a key forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back