Preview Round 1 - Dockers v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note, I hope we see a much better performance from Oscar. He won 8 clearances and butchered his opportunities. He went at under 40% - the majority of which were kicks.

If he doesn't get his game in order, it could spell serious trouble for our midfield yet again.

Plus Jackson will get 20 touches. Oscar needs to do what he does well and take big pack marks

Plus Jackson will get 20 touches. Oscar needs to do what he does well and take big pack marks

100%. I get it is a deliberate tactic for Oscar to grab the ball in the ruck and try and clear it, but against both Sydney and the Blues that tactic did more harm than good. Would be better off taking the Keating approach and punching it forward. We've got the half forwards who can charge the centre square and play in front.

Just hope Hippy kicks straight. It is obvious that when he runs straight at the target he's a very straight kick. When he misses its usually because he runs out slightly to the left on approach and creates a slight hook. The ball drifts loops in an arc to the right. Surely one of highly paid Coaching Staff have observed this and showed him the vision. Run straight at the Goals and you will kick Goals. It's the same for everyone. Not Rocket Science.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just hope Hippy kicks straight. It is obvious that when he runs straight at the target he's a very straight kick. When he misses its usually because he runs out slightly to the left on approach and creates a slight hook. The ball drifts loops in an arc to the right. Surely one of highly paid Coaching Staff have observed this and showed him the vision. Run straight at the Goals and you will kick Goals. It's the same for everyone. Not Rocket Science.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He had that sorted and last week he went back to what never worked for him in the first place.

Oscar is one guy you can rely on on to pull out all he can to turn his form around. If not Fort isn't that far behind .

He had that sorted and last week he went back to what never worked for him in the first place.

Oscar is one guy you can rely on on to pull out all he can to turn his form around. If not Fort isn't that far behind .

Absolutely. Oscar had a shocker but it was not due to lack of effort. Payne had a shocker due to a lack of effort followed by a lack of confidence.

Absolutely. Oscar had a shocker but it was not due to lack of effort. Payne had a shocker due to a lack of effort followed by a lack of confidence.
I excused Jack's efforts at the end of last year because every man and his dog accepted he had a reasonably restrictive injury.

But last week was far worse than what he dished up then. We all know what he can bring. Whatever it takes to unlock the key to his confidence and effort we need to do. As I'm sure we are.

I take a little confidence that Freo have gone with 6 pure inside mids in their starting lineup. More so that none are particularly fast. However they're all good endurance runners, and strong ball winners.

On a side note, I hope we see a much better performance from Oscar. He won 8 clearances and butchered his opportunities. He went at under 40% - the majority of which were kicks.

If he doesn't get his game in order, it could spell serious trouble for our midfield yet again.
Oscar refuses to handball and goes for a big Hail Mary kick which rarely comes off. Players are running past to get the hand off but he always seems to ignore them. Incredibly frustrating to see it happen time after time. He is either working to instruction or doesn’t have the ability to handball at all.

Oscar refuses to handball and goes for a big Hail Mary kick which rarely comes off. Players are running past to get the hand off but he always seems to ignore them. Incredibly frustrating to see it happen time after time. He is either working to instruction or doesn’t have the ability to handball at all.

Or the big handball 25m straight to an opponent

I know what I'd like to be.

A cosmetic facial surgeon.

Seems to be a disease with young women these days and all of them on TV have had the cut.

Despite the fact that they look a lot worse for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robertson - Yeah he is. I’d go with this.

FB: Gardiner, Andrews, Starcevich
HB: Wilmot, Lester, McKenna
C: Berry, Lyons, McCluggage
HF: McCarthy, Hipwood, Zorko
FF: Rayner, Daniher, Cameron
FOLL: McInnerney, Dunkley, Robertson
Inter: Bailey, AhChee, Fort, Tunstill

SUB: Lohmann

Berry really needs to lift.
Everyone really needs to lift.

Last edited:
I know what I'd like to be.

A cosmetic facial surgeon.

Seems to be a disease with young women these days and all of them on TV have had the cut.

Despite the fact that they look a lot worse for it.

I will pay $20 for your diary.

Absolutely. Imagine the overall benefit to the club, if we could snaffle the number one pick. Much rather have a Gibbs, Rayner, Cadman or JHF type added to the list instead of increased memberships, big crowds, retaining players, attracting players, finals football, enjoyment of success, etc.... ;)
But what of the poor draft watchers? briztoon and co. just haven't been the same since the days where folks were upset in the review threads for winning and making it harder to win the spoon!

His performance really speaks to a team organisation failure to me. Taking the ball out of the ruck and kicking forward is unusual for him, it's more a handball or slap.

It makes me think it was a coaching identified opportunity that he took advantage of but we as a team didn't then account for that up field and instead played too far back and too far off the Carlton players.

I think it was interesting what Neile said in his press conference, that players didn't take the first option.
So you would assume he is talking about these sought of scenarios , where a player presents , but is ignored for a poorer option resulting in a harder contest and more often than not , a worse position or turnover is the result.
Was pumped to hear him come out and say this, it's been a failure for a long time.
At least it is at the forefront of their disscusions.

His performance really speaks to a team organisation failure to me. Taking the ball out of the ruck and kicking forward is unusual for him, it's more a handball or slap.

It makes me think it was a coaching identified opportunity that he took advantage of but we as a team didn't then account for that up field and instead played too far back and too far off the Carlton players.

The blame is on both he coaches and Oscar imo. That said, worth looking at the highlights of the clearances at the time - really don't think many of our players had a lot of opportunity to capitalise from them due to how they unfolded.

Still - very much a coachable thing that can be easily fixed.

The blame is on both he coaches and Oscar imo. That said, worth looking at the highlights of the clearances at the time - really don't think many of our players had a lot of opportunity to capitalise from them due to how they unfolded.

Still - very much a coachable thing that can be easily fixed.
I would go with it is very much a learnings opportunity. :p

I'm more concerned with developing a plan to defend a lead in the last 10 minutes than missing an individual player with injury, which will happen at times and we have a similar player in the VFL.

Calling it now, Cam Rayner plays his best game of footy so far this Sunday. As Rafiki would say.. "It is Time!"
Wouldn't that be great for the club and him.
I'm actually going with someone else stepping not up but back up .
Zorks to have a vintage match winner for us, I think we need him to orchestrate some Zorko Magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back