Game Day Round 1: Melbourne v Gold Coast Suns MCG , 1:40pm AEDT Saturday, April 4, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
F*** me calm down.
I know as much about his injury as you do, it's the press release that concerns me.

The fact that they had to give us an all-clear for a scan we didn't even know about, the fact that they kept repeating how relieved the club is that a 0 game player isn't injured.

The way the club put it, they were very afraid he'd done some real damage.

The way the club put it, they were very afraid he'd done some real damage.

That's generally why you go in for scans. He had a sore foot, feet are complex things filled with ligaments, little bones, and tendons, if a foot gets injured chances are its a long term thing. Of course the club is relieved. The reason the club didn't make a big deal til now is precisely due to reactions like yours.

Excuse me for looking at our football club with a bit of cynicism...

It's almost like we aren't the club that missed Trengove's career-threatening foot injury and trusted the moral fibre of Mitch Clark, who was only at the club because we offered him the most money.

If everyone's head was as far up their rectum as Dez's, you'd think the club might have actually won a game in the last couple of years.

Excuse me for looking at our football club with a bit of cynicism...

It's almost like we aren't the club that missed Trengove's career-threatening foot injury and trusted the moral fibre of Mitch Clark, who was only at the club because we offered him the most money.

If everyone's head was as far up their rectum as Dez's, you'd think the club might have actually won a game in the last couple of years.
Heads only halfway up there, still managed to watch us win 4 games last year.

He's fragile as ****. Wouldn't back him in for round one.

Where's the guy who told us that he was still at home in Perth, hence why he hasn't come to training.

I don't think anyone actually knows what's going on with his body, least of all our medical department.

Wouldn't be surprised if he went down with a season-ender sharpish, and that's due to exposed history rather than MFCSS.

He got his foot stomped on mate - calm down.

Given our club's dubious history with foot injuries, it's probably no surprise that they issued the press release to advise of the all clear.

The club wouldn't have dared release details of it before getting the scan done. They'd have killed off half the membership base due to heart failure.

They'd have killed off half the membership base due to heart failure.

Yeah, those were my thoughts on the lack of reporting. Losing your most hyped player is going to slow the membership drive.

Nathan Jones named at number 31 in the players top 50 voted for by the players

I think that's a reasonable place for jonesy

Bordeline best 22 in the afl

Hogan top 10?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to get ridiculed here, but Dawes is not in my best 22, I'd rather play Hogan at CHF, Watts at FF, and have a 2nd ruck option playing deep in the froward line (Gawn or Fitzpatrick or even Pedersen)

HF. Garlett - Hogan - Kent

FF. Gawn - Watts - Kennedy-Harris

Dawes out round 1, I'd like to see us give this a try and hopefully Dawes has to force his way back in the side through the VFL.

Going to get ridiculed here, but Dawes is not in my best 22, I'd rather play Hogan at CHF, Watts at FF, and have a 2nd ruck option playing deep in the froward line (Gawn or Fitzpatrick or even Pedersen)

Dawes out round 1, I'd like to see us give this a try and hopefully Dawes has to force his way back in the side through the VFL.

Won't happen

I don't think its that ridiculous , based on the second half of last season id have pedo in my team over Dawes
I think Dawes roll of workmanlike forward could easily be played by watts and then the forwards get better delivery
Neither of them mark overhead under pressure but Dawes doesn't get out marked , fix that and I'd have watts over him every day of the week
Hogan watts and pedo is tall enough for mine with pedo being able to second ruck and Jamar/gawn rest forward

Nah, it is a bit silly. I don't think some understand the structural benefits Dawes brings.
I'll say with Hogan in the team now we can build a structure around him. Dawes is a seriously below average footballer.

Nah, it is a bit silly. I don't think some understand the structural benefits Dawes brings.
I think he also makes the other forwards walk a little taller. When he is playing aggressively he's a walk up starter in my best 22. Remember that tackle he put on one of the Crows players over on Adelaide last year?! One of the highlights of the year for me!

The problem is he should be tackling like that week in, week out. Far too often he goes missing for huge chunks.
I'd say he's borderline 22. I'd like to see him have to work harder to keep his spot.
Actually, 'work harder' is probably the wrong term. 'Play better' might be more apt.

I'll say with Hogan in the team now we can build a structure around him. Dawes is a seriously below average footballer.

I think he's average, not below average. In fact for the position he plays and the amount of footballers that get drafted to play the position he plays, he's probably above average. Clearly it's not an easy role.

None of this means he's not a limited player, but I certainly believe the role he plays is vital to any club. The suggestion his absence would make us better is nonsense, imo.

Pedersen is probably as good and actually has better traits in some areas, but isn't as physical as I'd like and as he needs to be. Both will play plenty of footy in 2015.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back