Preview Round 1: Richmond v Carlton (MCG) Thursday the 24th of March, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sick in the stomach already but honestly what other way would we want to enter the season after 3 straight EF losses? This is Richmond.

The roller coaster has started

Haha i don't know how you guys do it...the last 30 years has just been a rollercoaster for Richmond.
Caused somewhat by the supporters diehard passion and the teams flirting with finals glory but ultimately failing (not an insult).

You guys sure stick tough

Agree its yet to be seen if towno can get as much of the ball and use it as well as miles.
Not expecting Townsend to get as much ball. Reckon he's about a 15-20 bloke at this stage.
His use needs to be efficient when he has space.
Think most of it however will be the dirty work.
Where he can show out though is when he pushes forward as he has a nice set of hands and good goal sense.
10-15 goals would be nice out of him.

Not expecting Townsend to get as much ball. Reckon he's about a 15-20 bloke at this stage.
His use needs to be efficient when he has space.
Think most of it however will be the dirty work.
Where he can show out though is when he pushes forward as he has a nice set of hands and good goal sense.
10-15 goals would be nice out of him.

Is Townsend a tagger? Do Richmond still tag?

I love Townsend but he can't cover Miles.
That's no slight on Townsend I just don't think there is anyone who can cover Miles really.
Yeah Townsend isn't anywhere near the level of Miles yet, but he will take his role if need be and I'd back him in to take the opportunity with both hands to assert himself in our best 22.

Is Townsend a tagger? Do Richmond still tag?
He's not really a tagger in the true sense. He may yet play that role not sure it remains to be seen.He is more of a smash in and cause a bit of mayhem type. Look after the prime movers and apply a lot of tackles.

He's not really a tagger in the true sense. He may yet play that role not sure it remains to be seen.He is more of a smash in and cause a bit of mayhem type. Look after the prime movers and apply a lot of tackles.
Head down arse up and eyes for either the player or the ball depending who gets in his way first, I like the kid.

Any word on Hampson and Miles?
Are they definitely 100%?
The way things are going it could be McBean 1st ruck with Rioli starting midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there is much chance of us coming out complacent Thursday night, with all these injuries and the flogging Port gave us late in the game I'm sure Dimma will have them on edge to get the four points at any means neccesary.
I actually expect to come out switched on this season.

Add to that, depth players such as Cellis, Moore and Taylor Hunt should all be going hammer and tongs from the first bounce trying to secure a best 22 spot before the regular rotation players return.
I am really hoping and excited to see Cellis, Lennon and hopefully Rioli all play well, and hopefully one take the game by the scruff of the neck at one point. That'd be a massive win for me.

L
I don't think there is much chance of us coming out complacent Thursday night, with all these injuries and the flogging Port gave us late in the game I'm sure Dimma will have them on edge to get the four points at any means neccesary.
I actually expect to come out switched on this season.

Loving your optimism.
Even with a few key players/positions down we should control this game. They'll try to stifle our exit/run and entries now they've discovered 'zoning' but DH will have this covered with his usual coaching master strokes :( Expecting another teeth grinding affair but hoping we blow them away early.

Last edited:
Hampson had both ankles operated on at the end of 2015 season and is far from full fitness (if he's ever been there).
Our ruck situation is schizen.

Hampson is stuffed which is why Chol trained with the main group and is a sneaky to be called up.

Rioli will definitely get a gig - really happy about this

Ivy in doubt = ivy will miss. I have no faith that Hampson is ready and if called upon if he could even play out the game. Which means its griff and ty... if ty rucks we then rob our forward line..

Lots of opportunities for other players to get a crack in round 1 and the early games.

...Now all we need is an article about miles missing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back