Preview Round 1 - St Kilda v Melbourne, Saturday March 25th, 4:35pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would be back-up ruck? Bruce?
And we too might have trouble playing 3 tall forwards against that defence running it out.
Yeah Bruce will be rucking when Hickey needs a rest.

Thought he was gonna play this week
I think he is, but I am assuming richo will not pick him for round 1 because it is a key game and he will be underdone.

Games in the middle of Qualifying :(
Yah, but better than where it was originally scheduled at 4:35pm on the Sunday...

Jetta is gonna be fit for rd1 according to AFL website. Kent, Frost, Garlett and AVB will miss.

Jetta is gonna be fit for rd1 according to AFL website. Kent, Frost, Garlett and AVB will miss.

If you actually read the article, it said Kent was racing the clock to be fit and Garlett was tracking well and will play in a VFL practice match and will be right for round 1

Rewatching the 2nd game against them last year, **** we had some bad players in the side.

Matt Jones, Grimes, Mitch White...
I thought we held up well coming back from Darwin, i was afraid the saints where really going to embarrass us upon return

Well given what we just saw...

B: Jetta OMac Garland
HB: Hibberd TMac Hunt
C: Stretch Oliver Melksham
HF: Petracca Hogan Watts
F: Kent Spencer Garlett
R: Gawn Viney Jones
Int: Brayshaw Salem Tyson Lewis

OUT: Vince, Weideman, Harmes, Bugg, ANB [comes in if Kent misses]
IN: Jetta, Hibberd

I don't mind the Spencer-as-a-forward experiment. He can clunk 'em, he gives us the Gawn chop-out thing and it's not a big deal if he's the one getting parked at full-forward as opposed to Hogan. Plus he'll either give Brown fits or he'll get Carlisle and Hogan will smack Brown around.

I don't mind the Spencer-as-a-forward experiment. He can clunk 'em, he gives us the Gawn chop-out thing and it's not a big deal if he's the one getting parked at full-forward as opposed to Hogan. Plus he'll either give Brown fits or he'll get Carlisle and Hogan will smack Brown around.
Going off last night, I'd prefer Harmes or Bugg to Tyson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Tyson skills just a bit rusty through not having played but agree, Bugg and Harmes were ok and certainly in the running
You'd certainly hope so, but they certainly didn't improve as the game went on, so I'd prefer he spend another couple of weeks working it out in the VFL before given the chance to cost us goals when points are on the line.

Please no Judy. I like him, but he's a complete liability down back. Failing to spoil a high ball in the square is unforgivable for an established defender.

Haven't we been talking all preseason about having the type of depth to not need to play players if they haven't earned it?
Correct.
He is in our top handful when on but if last night is anything to go by, he's rusty.
And of course he is, hasn't played a game yet.
There's having a poor game through lack of effort and there's bad games through being rusty and butchering nearly every possession.
Unfortunately last night was the latter for Dom.
If he misses round 1 he'd be close to a round 2 or 3 selection.
In saying that, I think I'd still prefer to give Dom a crack and hope he is back up to speed than play Harmes or Bugg ahead of him.

There's also a whole bunch of training sessions to get through before round one. if he doesn't play against St Kilda, he will the next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back