Round 1 Team

Remove this Banner Ad

was listening to the rocket and robbo show on sen tonight, absolute garbage. Spent 5 minutes talking about carltons seriously good spine and the quality they have and then went straight to the tips carlton by lots x 2, didnt say boo about the tiges.

bring on round 1, we better smash this mob

Tony Shaw and David Parkin both tipped us for the wooden spoon on AFL Teams on Foxtel tonight.
SHaw's opinion is worthless as far as I'm concerned, but I'm staggered at how many pundits have us well down the ladder.
I hope the entire squad (yes, unlikely I know) were watching that tonight.
Also, listening to Rocket and Robbo on SEn tonight talking about our game, all they focussed on was Carlton this and Carlton that. Not overly concerned about that, but at least five seconds worth on us would have been handy. :cool:

well no brown now

Knobel, P.Bowden, Howat, Hyde will be definite ins,

pick 1 of McGuane or King to replace brown.

Meyer would be a handy replacement....

well no brown now

Knobel, P.Bowden, Howat, Hyde will be definite ins,

pick 1 of McGuane or King to replace brown.

Meyer would be a handy replacement....

Hyde??? He's had an interupted pre-season and isnt exactly what we are desperate for at the moment. Carlton are playing taller so we need an extra tall on the bench. in Mcguane.

Mcguane has shown improvement ove rthe preseason and should be rewarded making it Knob, Pbo, House and Mcguane.

Why won't we be a significantly better side this year? Because it's the same side that we played most of last season.

exactly, its polak and maybe king or mcguane

face it we arent a sexy side atm, gaspar and richo are still our bookends and jonhson and tivendale are still our first midfielders

no new draftees from the last 2 years are playing because they are all pencils

BORING!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

exactly, its polak and maybe king or mcguane

face it we arent a sexy side atm, gaspar and richo are still our bookends and jonhson and tivendale are still our first midfielders

no new draftees from the last 2 years are playing because they are all pencils

BORING!

So you dont think Tambling, Lids, Foley, Pattison, Raines, Schulz, Meyer, Howat, Polo etc can improve on last years form? From what i have seen of the preseason they all look slightly better than last year. If 1/3rd or so of the team can all improve a bit it should have a pretty big impact on the side.

Tony Shaw and David Parkin both tipped us for the wooden spoon on AFL Teams on Foxtel tonight.
SHaw's opinion is worthless as far as I'm concerned, but I'm staggered at how many pundits have us well down the ladder.
I hope the entire squad (yes, unlikely I know) were watching that tonight.
Also, listening to Rocket and Robbo on SEn tonight talking about our game, all they focussed on was Carlton this and Carlton that. Not overly concerned about that, but at least five seconds worth on us would have been handy. :cool:
Im sure Parkin must be parrot, he's reasoning for Carlton winning was the exact same the younf blues will beat the much more experienced tigers based on the fact that they have much more pure talent in the side.:rolleyes:

So you dont think Tambling, Lids, Foley, Pattison, Raines, Schulz, Meyer, Howat, Polo etc can improve on last years form? From what i have seen of the preseason they all look slightly better than last year. If 1/3rd or so of the team can all improve a bit it should have a pretty big impact on the side.

yeh because 15 other clubs in the competition dont have a list similar to that or even better

i look around at the other clubs and their is debuts going on everywhere and other exciting youngsters and the only thing that im a bit pumped about is polak and foley getting the gametime he deserves the rest is boring

hows he feeling? physically and mentally, expecting a huge effort from him this season, hope hes got his body right

He's had his first uninterrupted preseason this year since arriving at Richmond. His body is feeling the best it has and i think he will justify Terry's faith in him this year.

He was told he was gonna play even before Browny's injury.

dont know the exact rule, but i would've thought that if they were to name him in the finalised squad (including emergencies), then he would be able to come in without a fine. the squad the other day wasn't really the final squad. who knows

Squads for sunday games dont have to be named till late friday correct?

Yeah its just a 25 man squad by Thursday. Because Brown is out of that, we could still replace him with someone like Meyer. Its only once the final 22 man squad + 3 emergencies is picked by Friday that a player outside that 25 cant be picked without a fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back