Round 1 teams - Freo vs Port [MEGATHREADS SUCK]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think recruitment is the issue here. As Lyon said in his pre-season interview, the club is well stocked for running players and flankers. This round is a selection of 100+ game flankers with more of a negating / defensive skill set over alternatives with much less experience who may bring a different skillset. Does picking Crozier/Duffy over Suban/De Boer increase the risk of losing? Maybe marginally. But could their upside at the tail end of the season make the difference?

That's the assessment. Take a risk now for a potential enormous pay off later. He prefers to not take the risk. Due to that, he has a better winning percentage over his career than Alistair Clarkson, Mark Thompson at Geelong, Mick Malthouse at West Coast, or Kevin Sheedy at Essendon.

The side he picked is the most experienced possible based on who is available to play. It will probably win - Ross Lyon coaches team rarely lose.
Ross likes to win the first game of the season, I think that's his motivating factor. I don't think he's going to be able to keep Blakely, Tabs or Weller out of the side for much longer going by yesterday's game.

Is clogged the same poster who jumped on the weagles bandwagon after Harves was sacked and we played ugly footy in the first half of Ross's tenure but then jumped back on the Freo bandwagon in the year we made the GF? Or am I thinking of someone else? Because that's epic sookery right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back