Shield Round 1: Victoria vs Tasmania, Junction Oval, 8-11 Oct

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about this ploy from Tassie. I know they're thinking that they get two cracks at the new ball but it also allows Harper to get in.

I think it was a loss of concentration from Handscomb more than anything. Harper probably could have played with soft hands and Elliott got a peach.

Need to get to the 350 mark minimum for me, ideally 370+. New ball wicket, would want 3 in the first 20 and then just bowl boring cricket. I think they tried to look for wickets that second session in particular. Just hit that off to fifth stump line as much as possible after the new ball.

Has to be at the front of the queue to open in Tests
Eh. He's had plenty of opportunities and I'm not sure if he's the right partner for Ussie. If Maddo makes runs I'd have him next in line.

Kuhnemann on. With no BP in play anymore I'd really start trying to push it. We have a good enough score, try to get up to 400 but if we get rolled it isn't a major issue

Nice seeing more than a handful of people on the hill today, it's a beautiful day for it. I was keen to head along today or tomorrow, but ended up unexpectedly picking up a terrified foster dog that can't be left along instead. Victoria's total set up a really interesting arvo I think.

Green top turning into a road.

These guys need to get to 321 to pass us on BP. Need to bring on Murphy on I think

I wonder if we see a lunch time declaration. 66 overs left in the day, don't lose overs. 130-odd behind.

Or whether or not Webster gets his ton then declare.

I wonder if we see a lunch time declaration. 66 overs left in the day, don't lose overs. 130-odd behind.

Or whether or not Webster gets his ton then declare.

I don't know whether Webster is in line to replace Green or not, but after last season he should be. With that being the case you can't declare on him before 100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shield Round 1: Victoria vs Tasmania, Junction Oval, 8-11 Oct

Remove this Banner Ad

Back