Round 1 wrap - Your team & or players

Remove this Banner Ad

-Great debut for Jolly (BOG)
-Sitting on top of the ladder, so can't complain
-no injuries
Thats about it, against imho a team not up to AFL standard.

Team

Pace and Skills 0/10
Coaching/Gameplan 0/10
Heart 0/10
Team selection 0/10

Wish you were at Willy

Andrew Williams
Shane Woewodin
David Fanning
Ryan Lonie
Mick Malthouse

The teams as a whole, no question, they play for each other, with a 'die-trying' approach with every game.

Chris Johnson #2

Every game he is becoming greater in skill and grace. I have held this man in high regard for many years and he does our Club proud by leading by example and I just love his extremely aggressive runs out of the back line. Backs himself everytime.

Daniel Bradshaw #26

I have great respect for Daniel Bradshaw. He has been a loyal team member for many years. He can be counted as one of the rare gentlemen that play this game. You never see him complain or abuse the umpires or opposition players but he is tough and goes and gets the hard ball. His follow-up game is fantastic and the way he can play both ends of the ground is something to be proud of.

Jarred Brennan #17

I can not wait for this young man to play a full year, so he can really enjoy himself, because he plainly loves this game and it shows everytime he runs out on the park.

- wasn't pretty but it will help us to believe we can actually win games which is half the battle when you've struggled for years like we have. Was a very good last quarter, even with the momentum we had in the last quarter still thought we could throw it away like we do so often, but instead we pulled away

- Cooney's gonna have a big impact this season

-Lindsay Gilbee looks set for a big year. His kicking is sensational

We had no injuries which is a positive. Played Carlton who had a lot of confidence after the WC win. We struggled early as Pagan attempted to unleash the paddock then when that failed degenerated to a flood. Laidley was ready for plan B to counter the paddock and plan C to counter the flood so was quite happy with how the coaching panel performed.

We ran the game out well and were able to stop Carlton's key players in Stevens, Campo, Fevola and Lance.

We have a lot of room for improvement, we could have and should have really put Carlton away but they did well to fight out the game.

Sav did well for us, struggled early when Carlton had three quarters of their team in our forward line but started to show some magic even in his golden years. Glad we have the good Rocca. :p

Thompson also had problems in the flood but improved as the match went on.

Pratt did well early and showed in time will be a very good defender.

Excellent rebound work from Sinclair and Makepeace. Brown, Watt and Colbert were very good in defense.

Look forward to the clash against the swans this week, good flood practice against Carlton but we need to prepare for the swans super-flood.

Wirrapunda - Simply brilliant, he is so classy. Calm as they come under pressure, our best backman by 5 miles, one of the best in the league.

Cousins - Getting back to his old self. Running all day, always there when the game looks lost.

Stenglein - Super pickup. Plays with heart, wins a lot of hard contests. Will be in one of our top 5 i beleive by years end.

Embley and Kerr were doing their thing as usual, although, i would like it if Kerr didnt show off with the ball as much.

Richmond

Awesome Players:

Good Players: Hyde, Newman

Ok Players: Tuck, Richo

Sign for the future: Deledio

Shizenhousen Players: The rest

RIPPER_46 said:
Matt Carr - the missing link last year
Des Headland - best game ever, he was everywhere
Pav - Who said he couldn't mark above his shoulders?
Dion (block not splinter) Woods - huge year ahead
One Melee Dodd - Yet another gem off the rookie list
Josh Carr - Sublime
211 - 5 marks (2 contested) getting there.
The defence - superb

If you told be last year that we could win a game without major input from Haze & Bellie I would have laughed.

I'm sure those players wouldn't have been so impressive if we had fit players to rotate off the bench.

X_box_X said:
Collingwood is absolutely pathetic and the Bulldogs were made to look good, and let me assure you that that isn't the case. The Bulldogs will be back in the bottom half of the eight soon enough unless we improve. And I'm serious.

There is no pleasing some supporters !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tas said:
Sav did well for us, struggled early when Carlton had three quarters of their team in our forward line

Look forward to the clash against the swans this week, good flood practice against Carlton but we need to prepare for the swans super-flood.

What are you saying idiot the kangaroos were not guilty of employing the flood.

Doggies05' said:
Cooney, Gilbee, Cross, Boyd, McMahon and Hahn showed us that they are the up coming players in the league.
Proud of the dogs but cant get too excited
Im excited :)

Very happy with Bradley and Monfries. No fuss players that have a crack, both have long careers ahead of them.

Happy with the continued form of Murphy. Our only midfielder who worked hard, both ways for four quarters.

Happy with Cupido finding a bit of touch. 14 touches wasn't a bad return, still made some mistakes but he needs the match practice.

Happy with our first quarter. We moved the ball quickly and looked pretty good. As has been the common theme the last couple of years we couldn't maintain it. Need to find consistency.

Happy with the way our backline stood up under fierce pressure.

How do the Geelong fans feel about Richmond scoring near on 100 points?

Jolley - impressive debut.
Monty - tough as teak. I like him.
Willo - we'll miss him when he goes. Classy and desperate still.
Crouch - him playing did NOT upset team balance. Didn't even know Williams was playing till the last mario.
Davis - please please please stay injury free.

Not a huge hitout, but one thing I was pleased about was after we eased down in the last q we actually stopped the rot and kicked the last three. We need the percentage.

Also, a generally positive start, attacking wise. Would like to be at lease 3-2 after rd 5.

Longy413 said:
Very happy with Bradley and Monfries. No fuss players that have a crack, both have long careers ahead of them.

Happy with the continued form of Murphy. Our only midfielder who worked hard, both ways for four quarters.

Happy with Cupido finding a bit of touch. 14 touches wasn't a bad return, still made some mistakes but he needs the match practice.

Happy with our first quarter. We moved the ball quickly and looked pretty good. As has been the common theme the last couple of years we couldn't maintain it. Need to find consistency.

Happy with the way our backline stood up under fierce pressure.

How do the Geelong fans feel about Richmond scoring near on 100 points?

No Milburn, Mooney, Harley or Sanderson in the backline. Not too sure I am that worried that they scored 100, just worried about the fitness of these players.

Basically Richmond lpayed a side with it's second tier backline (except Scarlo), and they still lost by over 10 goals.

A solid game for the cats, we expected to win well and did.

rampantswan said:
No Milburn, Mooney, Harley or Sanderson in the backline. Not too sure I am that worried that they scored 100, just worried about the fitness of these players.

Basically Richmond lpayed a side with it's second tier backline (except Scarlo), and they still lost by over 10 goals.

A solid game for the cats, we expected to win well and did.

Cheers.

Guess who'll be in Canbera next wekend Moca!

I liked:

The debut of Darren Jolly. Nice to end up in the positive side of the ledger in the Ruck and 3 very handy goals to boot.

Crouchy keeping his “streak” alive.

Nick Davis reminding us that he CAN actually play AFL football. Nice to see him in shape, chasing, tackling, and kicking a few goals.

The run from defence especially Leo Barry and Tadgh Kenneally. Always composed and ready to take on the opposition.

Spider not carving us up in the ruck and kicking his usual 3 goals.

Knowing Ramma was at the game. ;)

I didn’t like:

Seeing Goodesy in the back half. I much prefer him roaming around the ground.

All the chip kicking backwards with 3-4 minutes to play. Don’t like it when other teams do it, hated seeing it from my team.

The pained look on Clarkson’s face almost every time they showed him on screen. Reminded me of a deer blinded by the headlights of an oncoming car.

Being stuck at the in-laws for an Easter Sunday BBQ, while Ramma was at the game. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 1 wrap - Your team & or players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back