Review Round 10, 2024: Essendon v Box Hill Hawks, 2 June 2024, 1.05pm @ Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

If I had one criticism of The Wiz, it was trying a round-the-corner shot on his non-preferred from 20m out and not getting the distance. The angle wasn't that bad that he couldn't have kicked a drop-punt.

Ramma did the same a few minutes later from the same spot and off the boot I thought he had stuffed it as well, but then the ball did a sharp turn and went through. More luck than design.

Maybe I am old school, but I prefer people to kick straight.
Absolutely shits me when they try that around the corner stuff.

Wiz could have drilled that drop punt with ease. It was a simple kick for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez Hustwaite looks too good at this level.
A week is a long time at VFL level.

Almost everyone in a BH jumper against Brisbane last week looked below the level. This week we hammered an insipid Bombers unit who are frankly a crap side most seasons.

The opposition output from week to week can fluctuate wildly in the twos - especially from the AFL listed players.

A week is a long time at VFL level.

Almost everyone in a BH jumper against Brisbane last week looked below the level. This week we hammered an insipid Bombers unit who are frankly a crap side most seasons.

The opposition output from week to week can fluctuate wildly in the twos - especially from the AFL listed players.
Essendon’s issue isn’t their afl listed players who were strong with Shiel, Setterfield and such, it was just an overall effort and intensity mixed with poor skill. Even Hately/XON who have been decent afl players were poor.

Haven't quite figured out how to watch it now the game has been completed.
Go to the AFL webpage. Click on matches menu.Under competition click on VFL premiership then choose the game. Below the score you'll see match highlights and match replay.

Wiz is very special. Should be back soon.

Wingard showed lots of class. Not as quick as he used to be, but would be an ideal sub. Very classy.

Watch out - DGB is coming. Building nicely. Reckon he has a bright future. Would make an excellent second or third defender.

Ramsden played well in the centre, but still a very awkward kicking style. Effective tho.

Hustwaites hands were again elite.

Ward very effective. His consistency is high level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

DGB might be our Sicily replacement - watching at times today, he emulates similar characteristics to Sicily; intercept marking/spoiling and has decent foot skills.

His physical capabilities, like Sicily, means he won't ever defeat a forward based on size, strength, or pace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 10, 2024: Essendon v Box Hill Hawks, 2 June 2024, 1.05pm @ Windy Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back